SubGirl’s grow with new Spider Farmer SF-2000 light

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I turned dow the lights to 80% noticed that the taller plants were lighter. Could be that these just didn’t get watered enough But the lights are very brite too. I run this same light at 100% in my photo tent with no issues. The plants seem to love the light. I’m not sure if the autos don’t like it as much but since they are autos I figured they will keep doing their thing at 80%

SpiderFarmer light update
so I turned the lights back up to 100% and started nutes back again today same schedule but a little less in case it was not my watering pattern that hurt my grow. Buds still look awesome and continue to grow but leaves are a bit crispy I believe now after pondering over it because my pots are to small. Have adjusted watering to every day and a half instead of waiting two days and the plants are heavy drinkers sometimes not being able to wait that last 12 hours before needing a drink while I sleep… so now about every other night they get a drink before I go to bed so they are not thirsting to death by morning coffee time. If I grow autos again, which I might, I would definitely go with at least a 3 gallon pot next time. I like to use 7 gallon pots in the photo tent.
latest shots from today kinda ugly but still nice buds…
0C459B00-AE80-4326-8888-5E4A1432DC04.jpeg
CFAC8974-960A-49CA-8524-5CDAF2CB04E2.jpeg
B8882E59-8AB5-4EA2-8707-CCB66AEB80BA.jpeg
641B6062-8B78-43E4-8808-95101AAD1E01.jpeg
25DEE13F-892A-4F3C-A0D7-52DC0938848B.jpeg
5FE0B0E9-B57A-4585-BD72-223EA0B44161.jpeg

Nothing wrong with a few crispy leaves in flower. Just means you're pushing the limits on what they can take : )

Not sure it's the lights causing it, though. I have two 450W Mars lights less than 8 inches from the CSM and ABC plants, and they haven't started crisping yet. There's also an AC set to 72 deg in the room, though.

my SFG has crispy leaves but the flowers, wowsa they look nice...they're so close to finishing I am not worried about how they look...couldn't tell ya what is the cause but some plants have nasty looking leaves, some stellar all the way to harvest...

I’ve had a really ugly plant before that was awesome so I’m not to worried. I’m pretty sure I caused this with my water schedule I mean plants do need water to stay green and these got to dry on three different occasions. Causing them to wilt some till I got them a drink.

Hey Girl... don't panic at all. Everything looks great. As the plant matures and isn't getting enough of certain mobile nutrients, it will steal those nutes from the leaf materal and why people should leaf strip close to harvest. Or remove leaf turning colors. this is all good and part of maturing.

Don't allow them to completely dry out. I too found going to a 3gal pot is best, and, starting them in 2ga
felt pots they will fill that pot up with feeder roots fast. almost need a drip setup huh? I know I do as I'm giving mine 4cups a day now, food every other day.

As you get 10 days from chop, stop all foods cept maybe a carb loader/terpene enhancer.. I use Sweet or
the likes.. Flush them girls good, last flush add the sweet.. it really adds to flavor, many use Black Strap Molasses but it can leave a bad taste on some strains so I changed..

You want your leaf material to change colors starting with yellowing, oranges and going even purple as the plant sucks all the nutes that are mobile from her as she crowns up like little roses..

IMHO your killing it...

Hey Girl... don't panic at all. Everything looks great. As the plant matures and isn't getting enough of certain mobile nutrients, it will steal those nutes from the leaf materal and why people should leaf strip close to harvest. Or remove leaf turning colors. this is all good and part of maturing.

Don't allow them to completely dry out. I too found going to a 3gal pot is best, and, starting them in 2ga
felt pots they will fill that pot up with feeder roots fast. almost need a drip setup huh? I know I do as I'm giving mine 4cups a day now, food every other day.

As you get 10 days from chop, stop all foods cept maybe a carb loader/terpene enhancer.. I use Sweet or
the likes.. Flush them girls good, last flush add the sweet.. it really adds to flavor, many use Black Strap Molasses but it can leave a bad taste on some strains so I changed..

You want your leaf material to change colors starting with yellowing, oranges and going even purple as the plant sucks all the nutes that are mobile from her as she crowns up like little roses..

IMHO your killing it...
Thanx so much Carty. Your opinion means a lot. I am really surprised how all of these plants are loaded. Even tho a bit smaller than what I’m use to in photos, the buds are really stacked up nice and quite comparable to my photo tents. Down to the nitty gritty now and starting to look at the trichomes this week. Thanks again for your kind comments. I feel much better about the crispy leaves now and feel sure I will do better next time with the water thing.

Updating the spider farmer light page. I took all the girls out today to give them a drink and groom them up a bit. Plants seem to be responding to the Spider Farmer light in a positive way. All plants look different. Some have fat buds and some have less diameter buds but longer. Even the same strains look different but all the buds are nice and dense. It will be fun trimming these as they are mostly buds not like my usual photo plants which have more vegetation at this stage.
FD0D8C19-CEA5-4664-8C25-EBF45D246951.jpeg
19B7163B-59C1-4F84-B8DD-C27197ABBFFD.jpeg
6CFB3199-776D-44F1-8D4B-35455FAE7F99.jpeg
BD8BC669-0008-45BB-96B0-32EDA4242794.jpeg
2D848ACD-865A-46F5-A389-559623633109.jpeg
965E23E2-F6ED-4C50-9F79-47805B08B901.jpeg

Updating the spider farmer light page. I took all the girls out today to give them a drink and groom them up a bit. Plants seem to be responding to the Spider Farmer light in a positive way. All plants look different. Some have fat buds and some have less diameter buds but longer. Even the same strains look different but all the buds are nice and dense. It will be fun trimming these as they are mostly buds not like my usual photo plants which have more vegetation at this stage. View attachment 312069View attachment 312070View attachment 312071View attachment 312073View attachment 312074View attachment 312072
Looking great

Updating the spider farmer light page. I took all the girls out today to give them a drink and groom them up a bit. Plants seem to be responding to the Spider Farmer light in a positive way. All plants look different. Some have fat buds and some have less diameter buds but longer. Even the same strains look different but all the buds are nice and dense. It will be fun trimming these as they are mostly buds not like my usual photo plants which have more vegetation at this stage. View attachment 312069View attachment 312070View attachment 312071View attachment 312073View attachment 312074View attachment 312072
The girls look very nice all purdied up.

Your buds look really good. I tried the 3 gallon pots with the autoflowers and they were to small. Now, I'm using the 4 gallons.

How often were you watering? Mine were not lasting 48 hours so Im having to adjust my watering times now. No longer can I water in the afternoon at around 2:00 sometimes I have to water before bedtime so they last overnight without drying to much. Carty says that 3 gallon pots are plenty big for the root system. He recently up’s his pot size to 3 gallon. I’m gonna watch his thread first to see how his turns out.

Latest posts

Back