The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Getting used to progressive type bifocals, I've taken a couple if headers down the stairs. I have two sets of stairs and fell on both.

Progressive lens glasses made it "appear" I was on final step but still 2-3 to go. Better bet I glance down before stepping off!

Bubba

Getting used to progressive type bifocals, I've taken a couple if headers down the stairs. I have two sets of stairs and fell on both.

Progressive lens glasses made it "appear" I was on final step but still 2-3 to go. Better bet I glance down before stepping off!

Bubba

You will eventually get used to them. Been wearing them for years.

I still can not walk in mine either , I use them for Computer TV time
Glance at TV from screen laptop.
I have reg glasses for driving
another oddity was sitting stopped at a traffic light. If I'm sitting there staring straight ahead, the car next to me (in my peripheral vision) front end appeared to be pulsing up and down. This too went away once I was used to them.

Bubba

GW, my doctor asked me Tuesday if I'd fallen in the last year. I told him that I hadn't. Didn't bother telling him about sitting on a really old plastic bucket and busting it with my fat ass and doing the funniest back roll you'd ever see.

My problem is getting up.

Falls are inevitable, soooo I've come to believe that its about grace in landing and getting back up with style and dignity. My most memorable one was tripping on my hakama making a kendo mein attack on Sensei Osada, doing a forward roll with a reversal and continuing to score mein. One of two times I scored on him that he didn't let me and both put a beaming smile on his face.

Getting used to progressive type bifocals, I've taken a couple if headers down the stairs. I have two sets of stairs and fell on both. Progressive lens glasses made it "appear" I was on final step but still 2-3 to go. Better bet I glance down before stepping off!
You will eventually get used to them. Been wearing them for years.

I had no problem getting use to progressives, but stopped wearing them after retirement because the only time I need glasses is to drive.

1621081812943.png

Morning OFC. Rain for the next 4 days.......again. Been years since we have had a spring this wet. Will be on hail watch big time for the next few weeks.

@GW, you are lucky. I can't see a thing, near or far without my spectials... For that matter I can't hear without my hearing aids. Now that I think about it nothing works like it used to.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back