The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Electrical problem. By the way my biggest fear at Christmas......some assembly required.......

It is a hoover made in America by Americans. Will see what the estimate is before I decide. Ain't buying anything from China.

Didn't get any trimming done. Still needs another day for a good dry trim. Now I have double work tomorrow. Dry trim and cutting and hanging the next one. Sure wanted to atleast get started today but I hate doing a dry trim on a plant that isn't dry enough. Trimming wilty pot is a pain. I like it when the sugar leaves break off when you touch it with scissors.

Guess I will take a shower and call it a day.

I have heard that is one of the hardest languages to master , is that true?

It is. Like English, it has umpteen meanings for the same word.

Ma ma ma ma ma? <- I can't put the tonals on but that could be translated as "Does your mother swear at a horse?"

English has the "oo" sound.

Mandarin has ths "shr" sound.

Two threw through the Sioux bleu cheese, turned blue, ooh, it was unUsUal, the view we said eww in the slough of you know who.

Chinese person hears that above and thinks: "Is that the only sound they know how to make?"

shr can mean 10. It can mean time. It can mean story. It can mean "is".

The part you will have trouble believing: It is impossible to say "yes" or "no" in Mandarin. There is no word for "he" or "she".

But when we point that out, they can answer: "We have gege (guh-guh), didi, <-- Older brother, younger brother. Same jeijei = Younger sister syssye = older sister. Not possible to say in English as a word... only as a construction.

There are sounds that are nearly impossible to make if you did not grow up speaking Mandarin. The number 4 -- it is "sz"

We just cannot say it right. And Chinese have a heck of a time with the "L" sound.

Bill Elam and Himself were over there at one time, and the guy that was fitting us for suits called us "Beer" and "Wort". Closest he could get. We took those names with us.

Last edited:
Electrical problem. By the way my biggest fear at Christmas......some assembly required.......

It is a hoover made in America by Americans. Will see what the estimate is before I decide. Ain't buying anything from China.

Didn't get any trimming done. Still needs another day for a good dry trim. Now I have double work tomorrow. Dry trim and cutting and hanging the next one. Sure wanted to atleast get started today but I hate doing a dry trim on a plant that isn't dry enough. Trimming wilty pot is a pain. I like it when the sugar leaves break off when you touch it with scissors.

Guess I will take a shower and call it a day.
Oh YES always buy American, it is what I do too....
Funny the 1st vacumm I ever took apart to fix was an Older Kirby I was 12 and I remember getting an azz whipping because it took me a few trys to fix it.
New fan blade and a few hrs and it lasted for another 29yrs
Not that Kirby coud have lived as long as all of us.
Image result for vintage Kirby vac year

Latest posts

Back