The Skunk1 is growing!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TBG said:
By the looks of them you have a few that are Sativa dominant

Agreed. Esp. pic two (clay pot 2/3 and 2/4).

Looking good man. I found several fans at my local 'mom and pop' hardware store...some of those smaller places don't stock according to season.

Laylow they are coming along really nice. Good luck with them and keep it up.

frankpeterson said:
Never heard of a Dhalia before. What kind of givings does it produce?

Just pretty lil flowers lol.

PROCYON.jpg

Elephant Man said:
Looking good man. I found several fans at my local 'mom and pop' hardware store...some of those smaller places don't stock according to season.

You know I just got a good deal on a few tower fans. I was going to get a bathroom vent style but seen them.

frankpeterson said:
theirs something about MH for vedge not just right spectrum. Damn they look good. Do you plan on flowering with the same light?

Just the fixture. I have a switchable ballast so I am going to change it to the HPS. I already have a bulb. I really should get one each extra. I am going to need them anyway and would like to have just incase one blows for some reason.

I forgot to mention my lil trick with that little fan failed. I left it on full blast all night and by morning it was no more. But it's replaced.

Fear is starting to look a lil yellow on the bottom sets of leaves. Going to just leave them the way they are and wait to see what she tells me. They are just a little bit lighter on the bottom, not yellow.

P.S. The one group are carniverous plants of sorts. But they can't really live with the others, they need more humidity.

0204071515.jpg

0204072152.jpg

0206072136.jpg

0205071926.jpg

Ok seems that I have a problem. I have not pulled out any nutes and my plants are not liking me. But I have symptoms of nute burn. So I am worried for some reason these plants are getting too much from the soil. Like the Sativa/Afghanica whatever it is? But one has curling leaves, but look at this one...

You see in the pics the wierd green color? What is this? I am wondering about either a fungus or mold of somekind, or some weird nute burn or deficiency. What do you guys think?

PICT0001.JPG

PICT0002.JPG

PICT0003.JPG

PICT0005.JPG

And on top of that the plant that is semi-retarded is looking the best, besides the few odd growths lol. But now I have "Fear" getting sick on me. Her lil leaves on the bottom few sets are really light colored(once again suspecting nute burn). And there are a few spots here and there of yellow on a few of the leaves. Just a tad over what normal would be it seems. But they don't seem to be hurting anything too much.

"X" is doing the same thing... not as bad. But her 5th set of leaves look a bit twisted. I think it's time to get out of these lil pots to.

PICT0011.JPG

PICT0013.JPG

PICT0014.JPG

PICT0015.JPG

PICT0016.JPG

PICT0017.JPG

PICT0018.JPG

Well it could be neut burn it could also be a ph inbalance, if it were me (bearing in mind i do hydro not dirt) i would flush out the system replacing the water with a lesser neutrient solution, making sure the ph was spot on, and depending on where it was id probably raise the light. how old are the plants?

also, whats going on with the final pic in your 2nd to last post, what is that weird thing growing out the top? lol

riz

More pics, last one is a root poking throught the middle hole on "Zombie".

PICT0019.JPG

PICT0020.JPG

PICT0021.JPG

PICT0022.JPG

PICT0023.JPG

PICT0024.JPG

PICT0025.JPG

PICT0027.JPG

PICT0028.JPG

PICT0029.JPG

The Indica/Afghanica... whatever they are... I got myself confused and called them Sativas.

PICT0006.JPG

PICT0007.JPG

PICT0008.JPG

PICT0009.JPG

PICT0010.JPG

the_riz said:
Well it could be neut burn it could also be a ph inbalance, if it were me (bearing in mind i do hydro not dirt) i would flush out the system replacing the water with a lesser neutrient solution, making sure the ph was spot on, and depending on where it was id probably raise the light. how old are the plants?

also, whats going on with the final pic in your 2nd to last post, what is that weird thing growing out the top? lol

riz

Good advice for hydro, but I would not flush soil with time release ferts, they cannot be flushed out and will actually be activated even more.

Looks like they pulled through though, :) I think TBG grows from clone in that stuff.

the_riz said:

riz

Well, I just raised my light to 13 inches from the top of the plants. But I think I may do a bit more. I'd like to stay at 80 at their level. I am about 85 degrees now. I just looked and it's at 80. Yeah, I am going to transplant here in the next few days, and going to give them a big dose of spring water(that's all I have used). And I am going to flush them out, and probably top the Sativa("Cristol") to get rid of the burn at the newer growth. I figure having burned tips is just going to make those leaves F'd for the rest of it's life.

And that thing growing out is a picher plant known as a "Cobra Lily". Kinda cool, ugly, but I like it.

Elephant Man said:
Good advice for hydro, but I would not flush soil with time release ferts, they cannot be flushed out and will actually be activated even more.

Looks like they pulled through though, :) I think TBG grows from clone in that stuff.

I just flushed them :eek: !!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's ok, nobody panic. I did flush them, and it may or may not of helped. But check it out...

I flushed all my babies, the one with the burnt tips I topped. And while I was topping, I noticed how much darker the drainage water was. So I flushed some more, and a lil more. It was really dark and rich lookin. So maybe that is why leaves curled, and tips were burnt. So I hope that the new leaves grow in nice. I think TBG did a MG grow from seed? Can't remember. But thanks for the words. It really helps the certainty of my decisions. A two potHEADS are better than one. :huh:

I tell ya LayLow, I am on my 5th or 6th strain now and I am amazed at how much variance there can be between nute requirements of different strains. My JH hybrid will eat you out of house and home and near impossible to burn (within reason) while my WW is complaining about my basic amended mix...with no additional feeding.

Elephant Man said:
I tell ya LayLow, I am on my 5th or 6th strain now and I am amazed at how much variance there can be between nute requirements of different strains. My JH hybrid will eat you out of house and home and near impossible to burn (within reason) while my WW is complaining about my basic amended mix...with no additional feeding.

Well, when the plant don't adapt to it's environment... we must. Or find something else to grow right? The wild thing is, I got seed from those plants. And it was over dry so whoever grew them didn't put all their time into it. And it grew just fine... I think? But also, out of that same bag there was two strains I pulled out. The one with the worse problems has huge leave even compaired to her sister from that same bag. But they are similar, but you can tell that these aint no pure strains. They were polinated by whatever was around. I don't know, but I hope nothing else goes on.

My room did get to be pretty damn hot when I was short a fan. It was about 85 in the room... I think it was getting close to 100 under that light. That is why I raised it from 10 inches to 13 above the tops. And now am consitering another inch or two. We'll see how they manage with 13 inches for the moment.

laylow6988 said:
Well, when the plant don't adapt to it's environment... we must. Or find something else to grow right? The wild thing is, I got seed from those plants. And it was over dry so whoever grew them didn't put all their time into it. And it grew just fine... I think? But also, out of that same bag there was two strains I pulled out. The one with the worse problems has huge leave even compaired to her sister from that same bag. But they are similar, but you can tell that these aint no pure strains. They were polinated by whatever was around. I don't know, but I hope nothing else goes on.

My room did get to be pretty damn hot when I was short a fan. It was about 85 in the room... I think it was getting close to 100 under that light. That is why I raised it from 10 inches to 13 above the tops. And now am consitering another inch or two. We'll see how they manage with 13 inches for the moment.

Yeah man, WW is going to have to really impress me in the smoke to hang out in my mother room, too many other strains coming up to mess around with a tempermental strain LOL. :ccc: Blue Mystic is another white strain, but she loves my setup. Just pollinated a few different fems with a WW male so I will see if the seed made is more adapted to my environment...I understand it is possible.

That thing with the very different looking strains from the same bag could have been some sort of mass pollination like you said (outdoor gone wrong?) or it could just be some really wild phenos from a F3 cross or something...never know...new to genetics, so I could be wrong.

I transplanted "Cristol" today. The roots were a lil brown around the edges but other than those they looked great. I like using cups like that because you can peel the cup away without harming the root system. And if you do it right you keep the dirt and roots just the way they were in the cup. And the plant don't go into shock from transplanting.

"Jose" (the other indica/afghanica) is not looking any worse and continues to grow just great. So I am going to leave it alone until I decide to transplant. They are all about due.

Also I am going to start planting more this weekend. Decided to go ahead since it's been almost a month and do 4 more skunk. And 5 more from that bag. They seem good enough to want more. I'll tell you, "Cristol" stinks so good, and she is only about 2 weeks old.

PICT0001.JPG

PICT0002.JPG

PICT0003.JPG

Whats going on laylow. How are your little one's doing? Every now and then we will get a plant or two when starting from seed that will get a few spots or something but they always seem to grow out of it. Like right now we have a few plants that have some small spots but nothing to worry about IMHO. Like Eman said some plants are more sensative than others.

Hey Laylow...I read this thread and I'm thinking that your plants are looking pretty good. I looked at the leaves from when you first posted about the funny looking leaves and I think you are maybe seeing things that aren't there. Those plants all look very healthy. If anything it definately looks like they need to be transplanted. Also, try letting em really dry out. From reading your thread it looks like you have flushed them twice. All the advice I've read tells me to water heavy but infrequent. Anyway dude, the plants look awesome. Just some observations from a newbie.

Latest posts

Back