Trainwreck x Kush

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kasgrow

kasgrow
Reaction score
I decided I would finally start a grow journal. I am a long time grower but have never taken the time to document a grow before.

garden 041.jpg
Bag seed from medical bud
I have grown this seed before so I know they grow nice plants.
They have been in the fridge for about 2 years.

garden 042.jpg
Three seeds in plain water adjusted ph of 6.1 in a harvey's glass (don't tell them) I have left enough $ in their slot machines anyways.
01/07/08
garden 043.jpg

garden 044.jpg

Covered glass with a paper towel and placed on a shelf above a 250 watt metal halide( yeah I know dangerous but it works).

garden 046.jpg
Seeds cracked and two showed tails on 01/09/08 so I placed them in these cubes. I am not sure what hey are made of because they were a free sample a year ago from my hydro store. I have never used them before so I thought I would give them a try. Later the plants will go into dwc.

garden 050.jpg
Seeds tucked in and watered under 250 watt metal halide. I didn't want the them to get lonely so put them near my girls.

lookin grat bro glad to see u make a journal ill be keepin a eye on this grow good luck

HAPPY GROWIN TOM TOM
AND HAPPY SMOKIN

i got seeded "cheese". what did you pay for that 3.5?

I have wanted to see trainwreck grown out for a while. Good luck, I'll be watching.

Two seedlings left of the three.
The third one had tied itself in a knot.
Being the caring dad I am I tried to untie it but only managed to tear it's poor head off, oops.
I decided to try a little experiment with the two remaining seedlings.

garden 053.jpg
Here are the babies before I mess with them.

garden 054.jpg
I decided to take the cubes off of the seedlings.

garden 055.jpg
Close up of roots.

garden 056.jpg
Seedling in large 2" neoprene insert.

garden 057.jpg
The smaller seedling was too small to use a large insert so I put it in
a small 2" insert from my cloner. Here are the two inserts side by side.

garden 058.jpg
The larger seedling in dwc with some other seedlings.

garden 060.jpg
The smaller seedling in my aero cloner alongside 10 day old aurora indica clones.

garden 062.jpg
My veg and mom area.
The dwc has 250 watt metal halide 12" above it.
The aero cloner has two 24" flouro tubes laying directly on the dome. 6" above seedling. I only have the dome on to hold the light. I leave it on until the clones touch the top and then take them out. They will go into flower in a flood and drain sog under 1000 watt metal halide. When the seedling is large enough I will put it in dwc. I want to see if the smaller seedling grows faster than the other in dwc.

Attachments

• garden 063.jpg
    garden 063.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 261
  • garden 061.jpg
    garden 061.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 248
Here are the two seedlings one week later.
The one on the left was the smaller one put into the aero cloner.
The one on the right was larger to begin with and put in dwc.

garden 068.jpg

garden 069.jpg

garden 070.jpg

They seem to be growing at about the same pace.
I just put the smaller one in a larger insert and put in the same bucket as the other. They are both about a foot below a 250 watt mh.

ill be keeping an eye out for these babies. i cant wait to see them flower. I cant wait for my new seeds now.:p

I finally got around to taking some more pictures. The smaller seedling is still a runt but doing good. Both plants have the light green color from the trainwreck.

garden 105.jpg

garden 106.jpg

garden 107.jpg

kasgrow said:
I paid about 45$ an eigth in hayward in o4. That co op and a bunch of others have been shut down since then. It was a good place to try out different strains without growing them out and for getting clones.
nice mee too, helping hands s.b. they got shut down, but re-opened same with a few others...

I took some update pics. Both plants are looking good but one is much larger than the other. The larger one looks like the trainwreck pheno with light green color. The small one looks more like a kush with darker color. Both of them have super tight internode spacing.
They have the tightest spacing I have seen in any plants. As soon as they are large enough I will be cloning them.

garden 144.jpg
The larger of the two plants.

garden 145.jpg
The smaller one.
garden 146.jpg
The larger plant dwarfs the smaller one to the right.
garden 147.jpg
The veg area is getting pretty full with a bunch of seedlings moving in.

Whats up mang. Damn do these ladies grow fast. Maybe that's why they call it weed. :p Everything is looking great and your doing one hell of a nice job i must say. Keep it up as we all know it pays off in the end. ;)

I finally got around to taking some pictures and posting. I have been busy building a new room for my girls in flower. The room is larger and insulated. I upgraded to a 1000 watt hps from a 600 hps. I will be using both soon. I put the larger plant into flowering after taking clones. The smaller plant is still in veg. Luckily the large plant is a female and a good looking one at that.

garden 157.jpg
One month into flower and just changed to the new room with the 1000hps
garden 158.jpg
Some wreckush daughters just transplanted from cloner to flower room.
garden 159.jpg
Another shot of mom.
garden 172.jpg
My future set up. Half soil and half hydro. I like to compare growth, flavor and yield. Later I may even try growing with 1000hps and 1000 mh. Now that I can seal my room I am planning on setting up some ac and co2 in the near future as the summer heats up. My room is a work in progress. I just got enough done to put the plants in sunday.

Latest posts

Back