Treat's Tent Tales

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMO you should veg these another couple weeks . . . I know you're anxious but let the fims grow out a bit . . . get the few pH/nute issues leveled out first, let em get used to the new lighting setup . . . so they go into flip ready to rip . . .

:48:

Dan,
That sounds like a good idea. The Kushies are up to 24" and the rest all up to 14-15. As long as they don't get too big (the FIM should help with that) - I'll let them keep vegging along. I know they will grow once I flip and the tent is only so big. Besides I've got my little auto's in there- and they are loving the extra light. The youngest at 15 days is as big as her older sister. Both going gang busters.

And you are right- still don't have the pH/nute issues under control. They got their first feeding with the new stuff I picked up today. Most look pretty happy.

I'm still wondering about the sex of Blue 1- the plant in spite of the early little growth that looked like a boy hasn't changed much in over 2 weeks. The other two are clearly boys with multiple boy parts and clusters going on.

Just to be sure- they can't spread pollen yet right? Going to try the black bag trick on one branch of Blue 1 and see if I can get a stronger indication of which way that plant is going.

Took clones today as practice run. Trying to see if the space I'm planning on using will work out. I want to get a second tent, but haven't been able to find the size I really want yet.

Thanks for checkin' in
~t~

. . . "the tent is only so big" ??? You're in a 6.5 x 6.5 = huge . . .

did you give them a full strength feeding of the new nute ?? I haven't used that product before, I'd like more specifics on it

show another pics of the preflowers, both male and undetermined, you gotta nice camera and a flair for photography lol . . . it's usually at least 7-10 days after they emerge that the stamens will open up and release pollen . . . seeing a couple of balls isn't a red-light emergency on day one

how did the cloning go ?? :48:

Dan-
Damn- better get them out of there then. I thought I was safe while they were at 24 hour lighting- glad I asked cause I discovered them 6 days ago.

No- only gave them 1/2 strength. Figured I should see how they respond first. It was the only thing I could find locally while waiting on the good stuff to arrive.

Cloning went well so far- did the method for long stems in solo cups with no humidity dome. BTW- I loved your turkey dome. 24 hours later they are still looking pretty good. If this works, it will be good to know I have an easy way to keep making more plants.
I was planning on re-vegging this group when I'm done, and then taking clones from them.

See sick plant post for kush pictures. It is the only one that seems to be still having problems.
Everyone else is lush.
Notice how the fan leaves are turning in opposite directions on the first plant.
Photo 6 and Photo 8 are the same strain. Talk about phenotypes!

IMG_9191.JPG

IMG_9192.JPG

IMG_9198.JPG

IMG_9203.JPG

IMG_9204.JPG

IMG_9207.JPG

IMG_9208.JPG

IMG_9213.JPG

IMG_9217.JPG

IMG_9231.JPG

IMG_9233.JPG

good job . . . they're looking very happy now . . . just keep pH and nutes stabilized and they will full speed ahead:D

Dan thanks for the feedback.
I'm trying. Hardest part is leaving them alone to do their thing.

Update:
Looks like the big blueberry (sex still unknown) got too close to the light. This happened within a few hours...

and take a look at the roots. They look healthy but since we are still at veg stage I'm thinking they will be happy with more room.

I must say I'm grateful to the boy plants for allowing me to perform all sorts of experiments on them.

Edit: Kush leaves did the same thing the next day. No change in where the light was, no big growth spurt. Could this be something other than lights? Did my nutes run to the top of the plant and cause this?

IMG_9386.JPG

IMG_9397.JPG

IMG_9403.JPG

. . . and I'm grateful to the girl plants for allowing me to SMOKE them !! :joint:

:yeahthat:

So from the look of the roots- do they need repotting?
Or can I pull a HammyLewis and say- I'm fine with small pots and leave them be?

Thanks to all for the help

They've been treated to some fresh dirt and 3 got transplanted to bigger containers.
They also got fed yesterday with pH @ 6.5 and nutes.
Gave some more magnesium to the older girls.
Getting ready to flip them in the next 2-3 days - no later than Friday.
More pictures to come with a full update soon.

IMG_9461.JPG

IMG_9462.JPG

IMG_9464.JPG

IMG_9465.JPG

IMG_9469.JPG

IMG_9471.JPG

So I'm getting ready to flip them. Have a few questions please so that I've thought things through.

1. Do you run the fan during lights out?
2. Lights out- day or night? If you could have lights go at anytime, what would your preferred on time/ off time be? Assume you work from home and can visit garden anytime and are basically a morning person. I'm actually most concerned with keeping temps up at night when it is very cold here. My swing yesterday was 64 deg. - 81 deg. and that was with lights on.
3. When to take clones? Should this happen right before the flip? Or can I wait till the stubborn non-sexed plants show before cloning? Not in a rush for these, just want to preserve any of the girls that turn out to be worth keeping. And I've only got one White Rhino and want to be able to try her again. (Though this is a fem seed and so I realize there may be some issues down the line)
4. Trimming bottom branches- I see a lot of people trim the bottom branches off. I've been really restraining myself to not even pull of the first pairs of leaves that have gone all decrepit up until now. I know that often this is done to improve air flow and when outdoors to keep from giving pests an easy ride. How important is it for my indoor plants? They are super bushy with lots of stems growing straight up next to main stem. I have several strains going and all of them of course have their own personalities.
5. I'm hoping to reveg these plants- is there anything special I want to take into account either at this stage (vegging) or when I flower them. I know that I need to take care when I harvest.

Any other advice, tips or tricks are much appreciated.
Thanks to all who have been checking out this grow- even if you don't speak up it is nice to have all this friendly energy watching. :aok:

woooahhhh tasty! This grow looks like its comin along reeeeaaaaal nice like... I could take a stab at some of your questions...

1. Its a preference hting, I think most people do not run all their fans. I kept a circulating fan on low, but as no photosynthesis is occuring, I dont think its necessary to refresh the air. I read about people setting their fans to run for like 30 mins after and before the lights turn on/off, yadadamean?

2. looks like you answered your own question, but you could do like 7pm-7am so you can check on em before lights off or something..

3. You want to take clones while in Veg. Also, once you take a clipping I think you need to give the plant a little like, couple days to a week, to recover. So you might not want to take the clone, then flip the next day.

4. Trimming of that style is mostly done indoors for a scrog, but some people live by it and others will fight you to the death against it... I would say, and Im pretty sure THG will tell you the same hting, LEAVE THEM, the plant will get rid of any leaves it is done with. I go around to all the leaves that look like they are dying and give them a little tug. If they dont pop off I leave em.

5. Are you plannign to keep them as mothers? Will the clones not be sufficient? Im ooking forward to seeing that in action. I haven't seen many people that reveg...

Looking awesome tasty! KEEP it UP

sMACk

Smack-
Thanks for stopping by and taking time to answer.

I just discovered yesterday I have some weird kind of super auto in my tent that needs a photo-period. Trying to confirm with breeder- but they are on vacation! So I"m eager to get them flipped now.

Hmmm- hadn't thought about plant healing from cloning before the flip. Still checking out if my cloning experiment worked (it's been 10 days and they still look green and perky but I don't see a lot of roots yet) and of course it is cold'ish where they are living. When I took my test clones the plants I took them from didn't even seem to notice. Took two clones from each plant.

Thinking about lights on from 9 PM to 9 AM - though I don't know how I'll restrain myself from visiting. I'm in there several times a day admiring the beauties.

There is a great reveg thread on here that inspired me. Glad I found out about the single leaf during the transition period or I would have thought I messed it up. If they stay healthy through flowering I would like to keep a mother or two. Also that is my plan B in case my clones don't do as well as I hope.

Tasty they look pretty good, maybe a lil hungry N wise but that's hard to tell with pics taken with the lights on. If you want to flip in the next cpl days I might not trim the lower 1/4. They wld need time to heal. I like to remove the bottom "sucker/popcorn branches" before I flip. I feel like it helps the plant focus it's energy on the branches up top that usually produce the bigger buds. If 64f is your low temp then that's not bad at all IMO. As for the super auto...well let's just say IMO if an auto needs a special light schedule to flower, then it's not an auto. Jmo

They are looking really nice--full and bushy. If they are a little yellow, I would make sure they got some N before going into 12/12.

In the summer, I run my fan during lights out, during the winter, I do not--it brings in too much cold during the dark period.

Run your lights when it is most convenient for you and the best environment for your plants.

I like to take clones a week or 2 before I flip. I would recommend that you take clones now and trim the bottom of the plant. I would wait a week or 2 before I flipped the lights.

Be aware that revegging can be a real PITA, takes forever, and often doesn't work. Is there any particular reason that you are planning on revegging rather than just taking clones?

tastyness said:
So I'm getting ready to flip them. Have a few questions please so that I've thought things through.

1. Do you run the fan during lights out?
2. Lights out- day or night? If you could have lights go at anytime, what would your preferred on time/ off time be? Assume you work from home and can visit garden anytime and are basically a morning person. I'm actually most concerned with keeping temps up at night when it is very cold here. My swing yesterday was 64 deg. - 81 deg. and that was with lights on.
3. When to take clones? Should this happen right before the flip? Or can I wait till the stubborn non-sexed plants show before cloning? Not in a rush for these, just want to preserve any of the girls that turn out to be worth keeping. And I've only got one White Rhino and want to be able to try her again. (Though this is a fem seed and so I realize there may be some issues down the line)
4. Trimming bottom branches- I see a lot of people trim the bottom branches off. I've been really restraining myself to not even pull of the first pairs of leaves that have gone all decrepit up until now. I know that often this is done to improve air flow and when outdoors to keep from giving pests an easy ride. How important is it for my indoor plants? They are super bushy with lots of stems growing straight up next to main stem. I have several strains going and all of them of course have their own personalities.
5. I'm hoping to reveg these plants- is there anything special I want to take into account either at this stage (vegging) or when I flower them. I know that I need to take care when I harvest.

Any other advice, tips or tricks are much appreciated.
Thanks to all who have been checking out this grow- even if you don't speak up it is nice to have all this friendly energy watching. :aok:

Hi Tasty, here is what i think for what its worth.

1. Definetly run the fans during lights out, it can help prevent a few things including Powdery Mildew.

2. run your lights at night 6-6, 7-7, 8-8, whatever you prefer, lights at night will help keep temp up at night and down during the day.

3. IMO i would take clones 5-7 days before the flip, this will allow the plant to heal before flowering, but you can take them up to a week into flower though i have never done this many have.

4. i take the bottom 1/4 of the plant right off before the flip, take your clones from theses branches before you remove them.

5. I never revegged a plant though i plan to soon, so go for it and you can help me when im ready.:D

Your plants look great, though maybe a little hungry as was mentioned before, good luck if I can help just ask, your not a PITA:)

You guys are the best. I'll be posting more photos today(with regular light) and I did a full inventory (two weeks since the last one and FIM day). Height, nodes, FIM status etc. Even though those pesky 4 still haven't shown sex, they do all have alternating nodes. I have a trip planned in November and want to make sure I have time to finish this properly including dry/cure time. I have a feeling most of these will go a full 9-10 weeks. So I can put off the light change for a few days but 2 fulls weeks would be pushing it if I used my calendar correctly.

They just got a good feeding with their last dose of veg type high N fert.
Since I've topped up the dirt, added some lime and repotted a few of them most have put on even more growth and they take about twice as much water/food per time.

When I did my practice clones the plants rebounded quickly. So if I do clone in two days, they can heal up for a few days.
I'll want you guys to look at the updated pics. Especially the undergrowth- it is like a jungle in there. Even found two small baby leaves that were yellow while watering today. Most of the growth is straight up and next to main stem, several plants are really trying to flower.

Hamster Lewis said:
. As for the super auto...well let's just say IMO if an auto needs a special light schedule to flower, then it's not an auto. Jmo

Hammy- I agree about the auto! The real bummer is that it wasn't even the strain I wanted- I was after a Big Bang auto with a nice 60 day timing on it. Maybe I should try to clone them!

THG- revegging is my back up plan for the clones that may not make it. And it just looks interesting and thinking about putting them outside for that.

Latest posts

Back