Turning the lights back on

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol. i am mostly fluent in the rochester ny dialect of english(frahg=frog,crick=creek, everything is nasally) but i have lived in woostah for quite some time and i know khakis from car keys. i hope it was thawed for your evening meal. the pepperidge fahm/new hampsha accent was what was the most difficult to interpret when i first moved to this area. i worked with a few guys from up north that i would catch every third word and fill in the blanks kinda like pikey speak from snatch..

Nick Tahoe’s was some serious eats after a night of drinking. My sister and her fam still live there as does my mom. I get back as little as I can get away with and still be a good son...

My Gram was the little old lady waving the foam finger belting out Take Me Out To The Ball game from the front row of every Wings home game, fecking LEGEND that woman, and lets not even start with her intimidating bowling scores, and the other one was a volunteer restoration technician and docent at the Pittsford MFA. Most of the menfolk worked for Kodak, because of course they did. Chemical engineer grandpa, hazmat driver uncle, etc... the nut doesn't fall far from the tree, but it skips a generation : D

Kodak or Bausch and Lomb were where I hoped to work after I got my AAS in optics because that was what it was for decades in Rottenchester. The previous graduating class had 90 something % employment with the big 2 before graduating. Then my class cane along and no jobs were available. So I moved to Southbridge to work for one of their big 2. What a dump. I was an Amerks fan and seminal member of the ‘sneak in’ club. Saw every home game at the War Memorial one season and didn’t pay a single time. Lived in Pittsford(very snooty) for a while then Henrietta, the city, Penfield and back to the city. Nice place to grow up but it is a dump now with little industry and near as I can tell, only healthcare and social services as employment opportunities. Sad. It once was a model city...

Hey Umbra, you got some undisclosed humulus lupulus in that triple lemon? Look what I found taking cuts!
It's twining! Lol I think it just got bent out of shape, but funny.
20191215_132524.jpg

Here's a good one! Remember the bagseed plant that was behaving badly? Check out this deformed top bud on one of the cuttings, the one I thought was trying to autoflower. The side buds are fugly too, but not as extreme yet. The plant I took this cut from is actually coming out quite lovely, compact and skunky with small, dark, leathery leaves. I must have chemically mangled this clone somehow, but nothing else is doing this. Thought I'd share with you fine folks. Looks like CK420's pictures but without a color altering filter lol
20191215_235628.jpg

Not much new upstairs except I went to fire up my co2 tank the other day as the plants absolutely NEED IT at this point with my winter setup... and the solenoid has a stuck actuator plunger thingy. You can hear it buzzing, it's getting electricity and trying to open, but it's seized and I think it's a sealed unit. The thing is a 20 year old hydrofarm rig and doesn't owe me a penny. So I bought a new one for $40 on Amazon and it seems pretty solid, tested and works, I'll report back if my tank is dead empty in the morning.
20191216_171437.jpg

We are going through another slow period where I'm just waiting for cuts to root and space to open up in the flower room.

The veg room canopy has grown so tight that watering feels like a jungle safari just trying to find the individual pots. Plant count limits? What are those?
20191221_081753.jpg

And the BPUX seedlings from Umbra's Curated Classics Crosses Collection are ready for transplant! As with all his stuff so far, they have broad leaves and are doing well for me.
20191221_081712.jpg

Off to Saturday dump run and the health food co-op, where I can't afford to shop regularly (crash n dent store ftw!) but hoo boy do they ever have a dank wine and cheese section.

Latest posts

Back