Urgent Topping Question!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dutchpassion84

Veteran psychonaut
Reaction score
I took clones tonight from my only female that was just barely into flowering. I took four down low and one bigger one from the very top. I then made a topping cut at the next node down, but I damaged a shoot beside it in the process. So I just went ahead and cut both shoots off (still have fan leaf branches). Will I get new shoots from this point, or do I need to go on down to the next one. The shoots from the one below are already a little higher than this node anyway. I really want an answer tonight so I can make the extra cut ASAP if it's necessary!

'Sup dude :ciao: Sorry but.... huh. Any chnce you can post a pic on what you did. Much easier to tell when u can see. peace, e :bong2:

just see if it root's.... nothing is urgent when it comes to a weed :)

smoke one up and watch to see if it grows

:48:

No, no, no, I'm not asking about the clone. I'm asking about how I TOPPED the mother after taking that clone from the top. You know how at each node you have 2 branches with fan leaves and then 2 growing shoots between those and the stalk? Well, just the dull backside of the blade on my pruning snips cut one of those shoots, so I just went ahead and snipped both shoots off. My question is: Will there be any growing shoots at all from that highest node now (have I still successfully topped it?), or have ruined that topping job and need to just go down to the next node and get it right this time? Here's a pic...

1024070046.jpg

you may get some grow, but nothing is guaranteed, remember now that you did that, all the following branches will grow to be colas now.:aok:

dutchpassion84 said:
(have I still successfully topped it?),

yes looks like it to me.... soz didnt understand at first

wait and watch now:hubba:

pics help alot thx:)

Alright, and I wonder if I essentially FIMmed it, but I doubt it. Anywho, thanks again for help guys. This forum is a savior. I wish I would have started in the days of Overgrow.com, but this place has served me pretty well. I was only just starting smoking and getting into the culture for like 1 yr or so before it was shut down.

Haven't seen growth yet, but it's still early. I just wanted to let you all know my clones seem to be 100% successful. They're all perking up, and I described what I did here . . . http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18697. Like I mentioned on that thread, I think I'll be starting a journal for this grow (my first) soon. I have pics going all the way back to its humble beginnings. Please look for it within a couple weeks and follow if you have the time. Peace

Latest posts

Back