Warfish's first real grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warfish

Random title
Reaction score
Well, here it goes! :D :holysheep:

I am growing in a 10'x4' area but will try to keep the plants within a 6'x4' footprint if possible to ensure they are receiving enough light. They are vegging under 1000W of MH at the moment and I will be swapping to a HPS 1000w lamp for bloom. I am turning the entire room over about 4 times per minute with 2 4" exhaust fan and am running a large oscilating fan at the back of the room. The air intake is from a solid cement (well 3 sides are cement) food storage room adjacent to this room, temps in there are at 60. I have cut a hole in the wall for passive intake from there.

Part of my grow is in home made DWC systems with 2 airstones running into the 4 gallon res. Been keeping my PH between 5.5 and 5.8 (for the most part :eek: still learning) A bit small on the res so I will be changing nutes every 5th day. I am using the Maxigrow/Maxibloom series for nutes, but probably will be changing to a different line after this run.

The rest is in miracle grow soil, the type with the 3 months of feed already added. I know this is not the thing I should be using with the nutes included but I already had the soil and have ran out of money, hehe :) So I flushed every one gallon of soil with about 4 gallons of water before planting to try to remove some of the nutes. The PH of the runoff water is right on 6.5 (using RO water). I thought for sure the White Widow I put in this soil would burn but I didnt have alot of choice left. But it actually has doubled in size from all the rest of the seeds after 2 weeks.

The strain list ...
4 White Widow -feminized
5 Northern Lights -feminized
1 Blueberry Hash -feminized
1 California Hash -feminized
All of the above are currently 2 weeks old, the following have just been planted ...
1 Hashplant Haze -feminized
3 Kandy Kush x Skunk -regular
3 Sleestack x Skunk -regular
3 LA Confidential x Skunk -regular

As always, any tips hints or criticism's are welcome. Learning from your input is why I'm here :)
And now a couple pics :D

babyblue.JPG

nl.JPG

room.JPG

temp.JPG

wwhydro.JPG

wwsoil.JPG

Hello Things looking good when ya sa 4 inch exhaust..whats the cfm..Im concerned its not exhangeing the air enough..just my thaughts...MOJO for the grow.:lam:.Ill stop by from ime to time...Keep the Pics comeing..

take care and be safe:bot::bong:

Hey 4U,
thanks for stopping in :) The 2 vent fans are from a coral reef lighting cabinet I used to use that contains 2 250W MH lamps. They say they push over 400 cfm and they are installed directly to the wall with no ducting to slow the flow. Before fans the room was at 95 degrees with door shut, now after fans at 79 :) So I figure it must be turning it over a decent amount anyway with that much cooling, hehe

Warfish

Warfish jeebus! You starting your own collective? Gonna load a fresh vape fer this one!

I cannot wait to see how those freebies grow so exciting!

the chef,
There is no doubt I got a bit carried away with the variety, hehe :D They just all sounded soo good, sigh. Well, I know I have my hands more than full for this so if you see anything along the way that could help me out, please let me know :)

2Dog,
My Kandy Kush x Skunk are one day ahead of the other freebies and all 3 of them have broken surface now :) 1 of the 3 is still fighting with it's shell but I'm cheering her on, lol. I'll post some pics of them soon for you ;)

Warfish

bloody hell your everywhere warfish and these too look swell i like your saucer type dwc trays and the plants look healthy enough.

t4

looking good man. i have subscribed to this one and will keep an eye on it.

holy lots of strains batman! better to have to many than not enough! :)

nice the new feebies im tuned in looking good Warfish are the feebies in hydro or soil ?

lookin good!!!! :holysheep: cant wait 2see the turnout, goodluck!!!!! lovin the selection:hubba:

Thanks for stopping in Time4, Surrept and fruity! :) my little girls need all the support they can get, hehe.

Fruity, the free seeds are mostly in soil. One is in a hydro bin. But this question actually leads me to a question for all of you as well. I have 2 more of the free seeds germinating in rockwool sitting in a cup of vermiculite. I have ran out of all mediums for planting except for a block of Coco that I picked up. I have never worked with it before though and dont know if I can use just it for a medium on these last 2? Any help with figuring out what to do with these last 2 seeds would be greatly appreciated :)

Warfish

Thank you Gangalama :) I'm eager for the turnout as well as I know there are certain types that really help me more than others, but with buying it off the streets I never know what kinds they are, lol. So this will help me alot in figuring out the best for me.

Warfish

the only medium i use for my roots is hydroton, i'm a hydro guy. but there are different medium types to use for hydro as well. that just works for my setup.

i've never used Coco.

Warfish, if I can offer you a few things I learned about DWC and how to lower the work load.

Instead of changing out the nutes ever 5 days, just top up with ph'd water until you get back to your desired ppm.

Watch having multiple plants in a rez that small their water demand are going to become very large very quick.

Let your ph swing from 5.6 up to 6.2 or so before you bring it back down, even 6.5 is ok. The plants need this swing in order to make different nutrients available.

With the plants this young I would try to go 2 weeks between rez changes. Thats just me though lol.

Good luck and they look good bro.

Hey man...just stopped in to see how things were growin for you. I'm not a hydro guy, so I don't know how much help I can be...so I'm pretty much here to watch your babies grow...Good Luck to ya bro!

:ciao:
:48:
I'm bringing the MOJO and pulling up a chair!

Small update...
Well my wife decided that I cant use her camera anymore, lol. It is her baby and apparently I keep changing a ton of settings on it without knowing, hehe. So she has ordered me a much simpler camera that I should have in a week or so. More pics at that time.

Surrept,
I went ahead with the last 2 and added them to my soil grow. What I really want to try sometime is the Hempy bucket thing, but I need to prepare more for that first.

Tater,
These are the same systems I am using for my bag seed grow as well, and you could not be more correct about the water consumption! The larger plants are just sucking up the water now. On my next grow I will probably use the same systems except that I will only add 2 plants to each bin for a total of 8 plants in the main room. If I was not currently unemployed I would be extremely overwhelmed at this point with all I have tried to learn and do at once. The PH tip is a great one for me. I have been overly stressed on the PH fluctuations but I feel much better about it now. Thank you.

Legalize and ishnish,
glad to have you along for the grow :) This could be interesting, lol

Warfish

Ok, I snuck my wifes camera away for a few minutes mostly cause this one WW plant of mine is impressing me so I had to take a pic of her, lol. So here is another overview of the room and one close up of my favorite little girl so far. 2 weeks and 4 days since I started germination on her is all.
I need to name her, hehe :D
Warfish

room12-21.JPG

WWs12-21.JPG

what a pretty big girl growing fast !

Latest posts

Back