What is happening with the rep thing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DonJones

Reaction score
What is happening to the reputation thing under the poster's ID? I've noticed several different posters went form having been thank hundreds of times to all of a sudden having never been thanked. And it seems like it has happened in just the last week and a half or so.

Just curious, it's not really important.

Great smoking.

My guess would be that the mods are deleting old threads.

The stange thing is the stats still show approximately the correct number of total posts, it is jus tthe thank you information that is acting strange.

Thanks for your suggestion.

Hopefully one of the moderators will notice it and explain it. I guess I could always put the three letter word for a male donkey in a couple of times and see if that caught their attention, but then I'd be in trouble when they noticed.

Oh well, it really isn't important because it has turned into a popularity poll -- it will not let you give what it consideres too much reputation to a few smart helpful people until it thinks you have spread it around enough. To me that is just plain wrong. If I'm having real problems and one or two members are working with me and every one of their posts is really helping me with the problem, I should be able to thank them every time they post without worrying about whether or not someone else is getting stroked enough.

But that is the system so we either use it or ignore it.

Thanks again for your input.

Great smoking.

Don, there is nothing wrong here with the rep systems or the mods for that matter...for someone who thinks it doesn't matter you sure are makeing a big deal about it, I mean with the statement in your signature and stuff about the reputation.I don't understand why you would even care, except for the fact that your reputation has dropped significantly since you began talking down to people, and acting like you were the one to develope skunk #1...I for one had not even noticed until you said something about it...It seems to be important enough to you to make sure we all know what a scam the system is...it's okay when it works for you...but if it works against you it must be a social click, and stroking...whatever, I think the MODS and the system are working just fine....maybe you should take a look at yourself.

By the way the system works both ways it will not allow a user to give out negative rep either with out passing it around more...I think that keeps the "stroking" that you speak of to a minimum if anything.

as much as i prefer not to get involved in such areas, I do tend to agree Don.

..I'm sure most have noticed that you have become increasingly upset with certain aspects of this site and people on this site. Trust me, I understand how frustration and irritation can run away with you (I'm a very intense personality myself:rant:) But emotions are like weather. They are outta our control and eventually always pass. What we choose to do during the storms is what's important, and usually what defines us in people's eyes. (It's certainly what they remember the most)

And while I myself don't agree with all the rules here, we are basically in someone else's house. If they demand we take our shoes off at the door we basically have 2 options: We take our shoes off or we don't go in. If we DO go in we shouldn't spend all our time openly mocking them and their 'shoes off at the door' rule. It is after all, their house.. :)

I just want to say that the mods did not set up what words get *** and what ones do not. This is done automatically and I would assume that MarP set up what words would be allowed and what ones would not. It is done automatically.

Next, the mods also have no control over how the rep system works. This is MarP's house and it is his rules. If you are not happy with the way things are run around here (and you are apparently not from all the carping you have done and your snarky signature), you are certainly free to find a new home. I, for one, am tired of your complaining and condescending ways.

You have some helpful input, Don...

but it's not an "us against them" thing around here...

I consider every Mod I've dealt with a friend and am glad to get their input...

If I didn't like the folks that ran a coffee shop or the way that they did business, I wouldn't go there...

this place is kind of like a cool cyber coffee house where people can get together and talk about stuff that we can't talk about with "mortals"

be cool and act as you would if we were all in person:)

And I think now is as good a time as ever for a cyber smoke out. Who wants to join me? Everyone's welcome, well known or not. :D

Yeah hurry up LF!!! I'm jonseing so bad my nails are rubbed down to nubs.I guess marijuana is controling me. I'm so p-o'ed about that rep thing man!!!!!!
JK-LOL
Like I would care-It reminds of the board with the little stars when I was in second grade. How much did it matter-not enough.
Everybody wants rep rep rep.
Oh I have a PERFECT reputation-lol
Oh I have the best marks-lol
Get over it....

But hurry up with that pass LF-I'M JONSEIN' BAD MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL
:)
Gb

GeezerBudd said:
Yeah hurry up LF!!! I'm jonseing so bad my nails are rubbed down to nubs.I guess marijuana is controling me. I'm so p-o'ed about that rep thing man!!!!!!
JK-LOL
Like I would care-It reminds of the board with the little stars when I was in second grade. How much did it matter-not enough.
Everybody wants rep rep rep.
Oh I have a PERFECT reputation-lol
Oh I have the best marks-lol
Get over it....

But hurry up with that pass LF-I'M JONSEIN' BAD MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL
:)GB

Well damn!!!

:giggle:

You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

SmokinMom said:
Well damn!!!

:giggle:

You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

:rofl:
He must be smoking it all himself-lol
Maybe he's more addicted than me-lol
JK
:)
Gb

He took it and ran GB, he's not even online anymore. Booooo. :rofl:

Latest posts

Back