What is happening with the rep thing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hamster Lewis said:
This happened to me Saturday night after stupidly taking a 2nd hit of my Rez sd x chemdog dd without waiting long enough after the first hit...I got spooked big time in the middle of a song on VH guitar hero...I felt it coming and coming and it wld just not stop till I was panicked and had to just get up and leave my wife and the game mid song...it reminded me of acid...15 minutes of panic before i got it back under control...now I respect that smoke a lot more and space out my hits...lol

Thats what I'm talking about! load me a bowl! you gonna fill your tent and run with her for awhile?

legalize_freedom said:
Sorry for takeing off last night...that stuff was so killer I forgot what I was doing....so here ya go Geezer:48:

Ahhhhhhh-Thanks man!!!
Much better!!
:)

who's next?

:48:

:)
Gb

I'm with DOS...chunky peanut butter and wash it down with a nice puply

glass of fresh navel orange juice...

BTW...rep, shmep...

show the grow or go!

;)

WOW Don...I'm surprised at you, for someone who thinks that the rep system is a clique, or stroking. I just thought I would let everyone know that Our buddy Don tried to give me negative rep, from the thread in the DIY section, entitled Mylar Hood...I said nothing in this thread except that it was interesting...but DJ felt the need to neg rep me with this message "lets see if this effects your stats" So for someone who doesn't believe in the system...he sure is trying to use it...lol.

Just a heads up don...your one negatve rep to me, doesn't come close to the 4 or 5 posotive ones that I get from other memebers when I confront you on your imaginary growing experience, or your rude tones you take with people. LOLOLOL...you crack me up man...you hate the system...but you continue to contradict yourself.

Also I thought I'd let you know Don Don, that I have a total of 115,844 points. I don't know exactly what that means but your one little neg rep didn't do anything...I think I recievd maybe one other from someone else that didn't know crap, but acted like they did. So knock yourself out adding to the popularity poll as you call it...LOLOLOLOL Why not keep neg repping me? Oh wait the system won't let you will it...hmmm see how that works.

[apparently I was wrong, DJ says that he tried to pos rep me, and it showed up as grey...I guess I misunderstood and he was trying to see how the system works, and used me (the guy who tries to call him on his crap) to test the system. So what would you think if you saw a grey pebble and a quote "lets see what this does to your status" When you are one of the few who has been steadily correcting him when he is being rude?]

legalize_freedom said:
and acting like you were the one to develope skunk #1....

No he didn't......did he?

PB crunchy.....Women smooth.....

legalize_freedom said:
Thats what I'm talking about! load me a bowl! you gonna fill your tent and run with her for awhile?

Oh hell yeah...I am cloning the clones tonight...both the rez cross and the sensi cross will be living on...

And I like crunchy and pulp or no pulp no big deal...

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to legalize_freedom again."
Blah Blah Blah

i've always found the MVP to be the popularity poll myself, not the rep system. (that's why you never see me vote or nom anyone.)

kaotik said:
i've always found the MVP to be the popularity poll myself, not the rep system. (that's why you never see me vote or nom anyone.)

I tend to be a bit of a freak in examining peoples choice of words. So it was in my nature to think on the word "popularity" that you used...
I also love wikipedia so of course I looked up the word there and here's some of what it said.

"Popularity is the quality of being well-liked or common. Popularity figures are an important part of many people's personal value systems, and forms a vital component of success in people-oriented fields such as Management, politics, Entertainment Industry among others.[citation needed]
Borrowed from the Latin popularis in 1490, originally meant common or "belonging to the people". The use of the word popular to mean the "fact or condition of being beloved by the people" is seen originally 1601. [1]
Many different variations of popularity exist, and many ways in which to gain it.General popularity usually involves respect in two directions: a popular person is respected by peers and will reciprocate that respect, thus reinforcing the belief of deserving the popularity. Likewise, amicability is an important component of popularity, as a person who does not like others is unlikely to be liked by others. This reciprocal nature of interpersonal popularity is often overlooked by people (particularly the young) who are attempting to become popular: being loud may be successful in gaining attention, but is unlikely to provide mutual respect.
Humor may also be a viable means of increasing one's popularity, as there are few people in the world who do not warm to somebody who amuses them. However if taken too far this strategy can result in one being seen as a clown or moron."

Based on this description, I don't have a problem with the MVP poll being a popularity poll. Just my two cents.

I love what you wrote/copied OHC, particularly the ones in blue.

And with that said....at the end of the day how important are reps from some website? Not very. Some things get taken way too seriously. Let your brain worry more about important things in your real life.

Lets get back to smoking some weed shall we. :D

I think that anyone that comes here for the sole purpose of gaining popularity is rediculous. I know for myself I came here to learn, and share what I know with other like minded people. Of course it is a bonus if one happens to make friends with people in the process of discussing a shared hobby. As far as I'm concerned everyone here should be treated with mutual respect for each other regardless of where they stand in growing experience. We were all new to this at one time or another, those of us that have been doing this for awhile weren't born with the knowledge we either learned from someone else, books, or trial and error, or for me a little bit of all of that. The biggest kick I get out of this place is when someone follows a bit of advice from one of the more experienced growers, and it works, fixes their problem, and they are one step closer to being sucsessful. That to me is better than any MVP title, or posotive rep. system.

What I can't stand or tolerate is when someone looks down on someone because they maybe have not been doing this too long, or doesn't quiet understand what is being explained to them. People who are just openly rude to others, or in general just like to stir the pot and cause problems. On the other hand I know how frustrating it is when someone asks a question and then goes out of their way to tell whomever answered that they are wrong, because they did not get the answer that they were fishing for. Sometimes the truth hurts, but the truth is still the truth. Alot of what we have to share with each other is debatable, and a lot of it is just solid evidence that is prooven to be the best way of doing things. The problem seems to lie in peoples ego's and swollen pride. Some people just have a hard time admitting when they are wrong. Anyone who believes themself above learning something new is really selling themself short, and I feel sorry for those people.

I just want to see EVERYONE grow good weed!

Mr Lewis...I really wish I could taste some of that bud...it looks delicious!

SmokinMom said:
bugtussel??? wth is that???

Come on MOM...it was the next stop on the train in PETTYCOAT JUNCTION

Man I am old;) Even Granny in Beverly Hillbillies talked about Bugtussel.

legalize_freedom said:
Mr Lewis...I really wish I could taste some of that bud...it looks delicious!

If I cld upload a taste for you I wld lf....:) One too many hits of it and it is Go to Bed and don't pass Go or collect 200 dollars....not a social smoke at all that's for sure...learned that lesson last night...:p

Latest posts

Back