what is the best watt for clone ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

futuredream45

Reaction score
what is the best watt for clone ? what is the best distance for clone ?

do you want to use Compact flos or tube flos? How many cuttings?

"cool" flourescent tubes...right on top of the dome..
"IMHO"

Like Hick said use the cool white color flo on 24 hours on of light.
I would use either 2 23W spread out or 1 42W CFL about 3-4 inches away fro the dome they get hotter than tube flos.
Make humidity domes and they should root in a week or so, but leave them under the lights for 2 weeks at least until you see some new top growth.

Mutt said:
Like Hick said use the cool white color flo on 24 hours on of light.
I would use either 2 23W spread out or 1 42W CFL about 3-4 inches away fro the dome they get hotter than tube flos.
Make humidity domes and they should root in a week or so, but leave them under the lights for 2 weeks at least until you see some new top growth.

the clones that i cut have alreaday 2 weeks old. they turn yellow and the root is very short. is that normal? they have been 2 weeks old. shoul i still need the dome.:)

It's normal for them to yellow a bit during the process.
When you took these cuttings were they off a flowering plant or one in veg.?

Mutt said:
It's normal for them to yellow a bit during the process.
When you took these cuttings were they off a flowering plant or one in veg.?

one in veg. why do you ask?

Cuttings taken in flower take much longer to root than ones in veg. ;)
You don't need the humidity dome now. but in the future for the first week you should have a dome over them and lift the dome off 2X a day for 10-20 minutes mist them and put the dome back on.

Mutt said:
Cuttings taken in flower take much longer to root than ones in veg. ;)
You don't need the humidity dome now. but in the future for the first week you should have a dome over them and lift the dome off 2X a day for 10-20 minutes mist them and put the dome back on.
thanks for your advice. i'll follow the way you taught. ;)

Latest posts

Back