What to do with 40 clones?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me get this all into perspective...

Your going to be growing 4lbs (MININUM) in an apartment grow that had/has odder problems and draws 3400w.
-and-
You want to go around planting plants in a public park...

Bro', (I think) your head'n for a whole lot of trouble.

PS
feral = wild;
feral cats: cat's that were pets or who's parents were pets who revert back to a wild (no owner) existence

Why would planting clones outside lead me into trouble? Unless I plant them in broad daylight in front of a police station, that is.

Feral cats are just cats who live in nature, i.e. can hunt etc.
So, what's the difference between feral weed and regular weed? Does it learn to hunt? Lol.

4 lbs MINIMUM with 3400w---that's a heck of a yield---what's ur secret

It is? It's just 0.5g per watt, which is considered pretty damn poor, no?

Multi got 1.6g per watt, so he'd get about 10 lb. out of my lights.

i know 2 people who got busted trying to pick up a feral plant, it happened at night and by total misfortune, happened that a patrol was passing by to see some car parked there and saw people in the woods next to it, and they could see one guy throw something trying to hide it, and they found the plant and had to take them in. this **** is real, happened to 2 close people i know and very close to my home. it is a very bad idea, not worth it to take such risks for weed and btw, what are the chances that these plants would not be picked by some hiker? except if you live in some remote amazonian valley or something, human steps are everywhere really. if you want to go the guerilla route, i think it will require much more than just a "plant them around town" plan

call me crazy, but im pretty sure you can put your cuttings into "hibernation" by wrapping their cut ends in damp paper towel, putting them into sealed ziplocs, and then into the fridge's crisper... not sure how long the cuttings can last but im sure someone here can back me up or shoot me down.

C+Gv

call me crazy, but im pretty sure you can put your cuttings into "hibernation" by wrapping their cut ends in damp paper towel, putting them into sealed ziplocs, and then into the fridge's crisper... not sure how long the cuttings can last but im sure someone here can back me up or shoot me down.

C+Gv

thats not crazy at all, actually i have tried it, you can preserve them for a month maybe more, but the point is, if your mother plants is producing more clones than you would need, so why bother?

Life :p

i just wanted to bring the idea back up to the surface, totally agree with what was said in an earlier post about seasoned growers knowing when to pitch em and when to hang on.

C+Gv

Last edited:
I put mine in my worm bin.
They worms love them

Balzo--you can only keep them for a short period and then it is still iffy. They will not last all winter.

I thought he said he would have room in 5 weeks. Either way, learning.

I thought he said he would have room in 5 weeks. Either way, learning.

3 weeks now.

Actually, I decided to build another grow area.

Since I have 10' ceilings, I decided to create a two-story grow by attaching a large table 5' off the ground.

I've got 11 8 liter pots on the top one and about 20 3.5-6.5 liter pots on the bottom.

Really dying to see the difference in yield since everything else is the same (same light, etc.).

Also, I found that you can leave your cuttings in rockwool (as if you were cloning) and they'll last for over a month under a single small CFL.

oh yeah you can slow grow them under cfls, you can also use fluro tubes, they will grow slow and you will have all the time that you need. I use fluros to grow mother plants so that they don't explode with useless branches that eventually get thrown away, still they give me much more than i need. if i had to build rooms for all the clones that i can cut, i will need a building of growrooms :D i am interested to see the difference in growth too with different pot size. my guess is that the 8 will surpass the 6.5. it is also dependent on how long you will veg them

oh yeah you can slow grow them under cfls, you can also use fluro tubes, they will grow slow and you will have all the time that you need. I use fluros to grow mother plants so that they don't explode with useless branches that eventually get thrown away, still they give me much more than i need. if i had to build rooms for all the clones that i can cut, i will need a building of growrooms :D i am interested to see the difference in growth too with different pot size. my guess is that the 8 will surpass the 6.5. it is also dependent on how long you will veg them

We are of the same mind, my friend :)

If I could, I would expand to 1,000 plants. Though, at that point, I'd probably run into some sort of Breaking Bad scenario.

As for the size of the pots.. I don't know if you're aware that Hackerman has managed to grow 45g in a 3.5 liter pot.

I'm not kidding. I asked him how but he hasn't responded yet..

I didn't see where you asked me that. Are you sure it was me?

I did do my last grow in 3 qt pots. The yield was a little less than 2 pounds and there were (I think) 22 or 23 pots. So, that's about 35 to 40 grams per plant (average) although I did have some that were much bigger than others so those plants may have reached 45 or 50 grams.

I didn't see where you asked me that. Are you sure it was me?

I did do my last grow in 3 qt pots. The yield was a little less than 2 pounds and there were (I think) 22 or 23 pots. So, that's about 35 to 40 grams per plant (average) although I did have some that were much bigger than others so those plants may have reached 45 or 50 grams.

Well, that's still absolutely amazing.

In fact, I think you've beaten the record on this forum!

Yes.. you have. Wow.

The old record, AFAIK, was Multi's 11g per liter of soil (1000g using 9 pots, 11 liters each). But yours is 15g per liter of soil!

Will you tell us how?

@ Landing

Why is it that you appear to be fascinated by quantity over quality ?

I suppose because quantity is something you can measure.

'Quality' isn't something I understand. How do you define it?

For instance, practically all my customers have told me that my weed is the closest they've had to what they smoked in Amsterdam. Logically, then, quality is something that is either easy to achieve or it is intertwined with quantity as both are the result of a good grow, which I strive to achieve.

If my customers were displeased and/or I had a cost-effective method of heightening 'quality' (whatever you define it as), I would certainly seek it out.

But as it stands, my customers want lower prices far, far more than they think the quality is too low, so growing the maximum possible and selling for below market value makes them happy and makes me happy in return.

It would appear that your passion is purely profit motivated, with very little thought of quality
My passion is growing the very best mj that I can.

To say that I care 'purely' about profit is a strawman argument that bears no truth whatsoever.

Like I explained, my thoughts of quality are dictated by two things:

1.) My customers' satisfaction.
2.) My understanding of what 'quality' means.

Since my customers are more than happy with the 'quality' of my weed, I see no reason to try and discover what 'quality' means and how to 'increase' it.

If you explain to me what you define 'quality' as, and how to achieve it, I'll certainly listen, thus proving that I care about the weed itself more than the financial benefit.

You yourself have stated that you grow @ approx 1/2 gpw

This is a clear indication that you are not growing quality.

How so? Low g/w is an indication of low yield, not quality.

Unless you're suggesting they're intertwined, which goes against your main point of quantity OVER quality.

I mean, if it's quality over quantity then growing 1/2 g/w should be considered very high quality as you are sacrificing quantity.

You yourself have described your buds as dried oregano.

That was a popcorn bud I took from the bottom of the plant at ~5 weeks flowering and quick-dried without curing.

Anyone's buds would look that bad under those conditions, which is what I later found out.

Apparently, my expectations were too high as even that sample was described as "decent" by a friend.

there is nothing wrong in growing for profit as long as you have some conscience as to not poison your customers with careless pesticide use or rip them off by adding fake weight to bud etc...
I wish that i could grow for profit and forget about this long endless road to do some legitimate business that i don't like to do. unfortunately where i am i could get jailed for selling weed :(

Zem he is not LEGALLY growing for profit. I am with multi. Maybe I am too much of an old hippy, but this money grabbing attitude is something I find extremely disgusting....

Zem he is not LEGALLY growing for profit. I am with multi. Maybe I am too much of an old hippy, but this money grabbing attitude is something I find extremely disgusting....

Ditto, tired of these gold rushers.

i think of it like that, if it were not to dealers with "money grabbing attitude" weed would have not been so popular, as most people buy it and don't grow it at the start. I mean that a dealer of marijuana can be a caring person who doesn't harm customers, but still be a merchant, a dealer, an entrepreneur who aims at ultimately making profit. the aspect of legality is something else, I think that illegal dealing of mj is not a smart thing to do because of very high risk that is not worth it, but is not something unethical. I mean, the only reason why i never deal is not because I think that it is wrong, but because of a stupid several year jail sentence that a dealer can get only for dealing mj!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back