Whats Herm Smoke like

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FTP817

Reaction score
I had five feminized seeds. I planted them and 2 died early 1 is hermaphrodite and I got two females. Im about to put them in 12/12 and begin to flower. My question is, if I separate the herm and bud it under another light in another room , how much potency does the smoke lose?

Death to the hermie! Not worth the risk IMHO of accidental pollenation of your other plants...regardless of the room. Pollen floats, and sticks to everything, you included, and that could result in your other fems getting seeds. If they were all herms, Id say 'go for it'...though following through with a herm-grow would definately result in over-excessive cleaning to ensure they pollen wasn't viable after your crop finished, for the next round.
Have you ever bought a sack with seeds in it? Was it decent weed? I've had decent weed that had bag-seeds in it.....there-in lies your answer...It also depends on how many nanners pop. You can *TRY* to keep it to a minimum by pinching them off...but regardless yer gonna have plant jiz everywhere.

its like all other street weed it has seeds.....hermie weed that is, but never had any herm......

You will not be able to keep the pollen contained--you would almost certainly pollinate your other 2 girls. IMO, the only smart thing to do is to get rid of the hermie and watch the other 2 girls very carefully for signs of hermies.

I would be willing to bet that if all the seeds are feminized, and they all came from the same seed stock, they are all going to turn hermie eventually. That is why I do not like feminized seeds, this happens more often than you would think.

If you really don't want to kill it, and you still believe the others won't turn hermie, take it far away from your home and let nature do her thing. Do not tend to the plant, or you will get pollen all over you and bring it home. If it lives, you will get something and you can tell us how hermie weed smokes. If it dies, good, you should have killed it to begin with.

I had to learn the hard way just how viable pollen really is, be very careful. For the record, I suggest killing the plant sooner than later.

You can also buy things like Dutchmaster's Reverse, which will halt seed production. I have used it on a strain that threw late flower nanners just to finish them out, but I'm talking about throwing a nanner @ week 8 of 9.

BuddyLuv said:
You can also buy things like Dutchmaster's Reverse, which will halt seed production. I have used it on a strain that threw late flower nanners just to finish them out, but I'm talking about throwing a nanner @ week 8 of 9.

lol, is that kinda like the morning after pill for marijuana plants? ;)

Come on guys, there has to be more jokes in here than this...

I saw your name Buddy and I thought for sure I was in for a good chuckle.

Like, if you smoke it, you'll turn hermie and grow breasts (or nanners)....

Or, everytime you smoke it you'll want to leave the house via the window...

your wife will sprout nanners....

But in all seriousness, it will smoke just fine, but the risks of growing it out are too great if you have other plants going.

I'M A 1ST TIMER WHAT DOES HERMIE MEAN?

greenthumberish said:
Death to the hermie! Not worth the risk IMHO of accidental pollenation of your other plants...regardless of the room. Pollen floats, and sticks to everything, you included, and that could result in your other fems getting seeds. If they were all herms, Id say 'go for it'...though following through with a herm-grow would definately result in over-excessive cleaning to ensure they pollen wasn't viable after your crop finished, for the next round.
Have you ever bought a sack with seeds in it? Was it decent weed? I've had decent weed that had bag-seeds in it.....there-in lies your answer...It also depends on how many nanners pop. You can *TRY* to keep it to a minimum by pinching them off...but regardless yer gonna have plant jiz everywhere.

Hermie means hermaphrodite- Plant has both male and female naughty bits. Bad for the gene pool to keep growing them- most people kill them off at first sight.

Usually happens if plant is stressed, or from genetics, or occassionally from feminized seeds (or so I've heard, never used them myself).

BBFan said:
Come on guys, there has to be more jokes in here than this...

I saw your name Buddy and I thought for sure I was in for a good chuckle.

Like, if you smoke it, you'll turn hermie and grow breasts (or nanners)....

Or, everytime you smoke it you'll want to leave the house via the window...

your wife will sprout nanners....

But in all seriousness, it will smoke just fine, but the risks of growing it out are too great if you have other plants going.

Hey I have seen my fair share of ball tokers here lately and if you want to toke up male plants have at it. Just do not have kids because the gene pool is already too shallow if you ask me. This statement was not aimed at you BB, but the large number of retards out there that seem to think male plants will get you high. Hermies are another story but I do agree with you that they are a too high of a risk to grow along with other females and pollen is a PITA to remove fully from a grow room. Most likely your next grow will have seeds as well because the pollen lingers and hides. Trust me I have tried the cross breeding myself and learned the hard way.;)

The only time you *really* should let a hermie go, is if it's your ONLY PLANT EVER THAT YOU WILL EVER BE EXPOSED TO! ;) cos if you grow one, pollen sticks to you, and you take that pollen elsewhere, yer not only a jerk for pollenating someone elses grow, but you're silly for coating your entire grow area in pollen, and never really getting rid of it, until it dies...god knows how long pollen inside without being properly destroyed could be viable. Watch - 10 years later, someone else is living in the pad you grew your hermie in, and they are in the same area you were in, and their plants end up getting impregnated....death to a hermie!

greenthumberish said:

plant jiz. Plant Jiz. Plant Jiz! ... that's absolutely the funniest thing i've ever heard!!! Bravo.

I spend a lot of my time collecting pollen to cross stuff... i never gave it a lot of thought, but you're right, i'm handling "plant Jiz". Must say that really casts a different light on the whole thing. don't tell my husband :rolleyes:

SkunkPatronus said:
plant jiz. Plant Jiz. Plant Jiz! ... that's absolutely the funniest thing i've ever heard!!! Bravo.

I spend a lot of my time collecting pollen to cross stuff... i never gave it a lot of thought, but you're right, i'm handling "plant Jiz". Must say that really casts a different light on the whole thing. don't tell my husband :rolleyes:

I wont if you dont ;)

Latest posts

Back