White Widow, Big Bud, Easy Sativa, Power Plant, Skunk

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hachiroku said:
Awesome!! Thats it potus?! I thought you woulda had more for me ;)

Ill get right on those tomorrow, and post of some pics for ya to review...

Im afraid that using a tray full of hydroton will be a pain when i go to move these from veg to flower as they will be in two separate places, Therefore, I think the plastic may be ideal... Ill brain storm on it, there may be another solution as well.

The flooding cycle I use is one hour on, one hour off, 24/7.

It works great. I've used it for years and have excellent results.

Guys! I think i may have found out why my plants arent responding as well as I originally thought they would and should. It appears my PH is 7.6!!!! WHOA!

Im in the process of adjusting it now.. Heres a pic

DSC00523.JPG

Potus, got the new timer today. Im gonna set it up here shortly. Im still brainstorming ideas for the darn plastic situation. Any ideas other than the black plastic or filling with hydroton?

I would like something where I can be mobile in moving plants from veg to flower (different stations) and also mobile in the sense where i can place them anywhere on the tray and move them frequently. I plan to try and veg 30-40 plants in this thing and thats going to be difficult without being able to move and adjust them!

Put them in netpots/pots with drainage holes in bottom. then cut some strips of white foam board prolly a foot or so wide and lay those imbetween plants for cover.

keep it green.

So after speaking with dmac and puffin i came to the realization a better method of testing PPM and PH was needed. the 7.6 PH is way to much to worry with those ph strips and garbage.. i invested the 120$ into a hannah top o the line ppm ph temp tester! and i might say, the 20 minutes ive spent calibrating and testing it, ITS AMAZING!!!! absolutely SPOT ON!

so heres the stats.. my original PH i tested at 7.6 with the drips, this new meter has it pegged at 7.65!!!

im in process of adjusting that immediately.

PPM is 210, working on getting that to 400 here shortly.

heres a picture of the goodies i picked up! luckily my hydro shop was nice enough to stay open for a 10 minutes later so i could pick this stuff up!

DSC00528.JPG

That's probably the best investment you'll make. You're gonna love that meter. I have the same one, and it is the best DAD GUMMED meter I've owned. Be sure and keep it clean (I clean mine every two weeks with Hanna Cleaning Solution but the manual says once a month). Shake your hydro guys hand too because my hydro shop wanted $210 for it. I told him to kiss my *** I'll buy one online. I paid the same. I'm going to watch your journal, looks very interesting. Good Luck!!

EDIT
1. This is the most simple of rules. There are filters in place to block the usage of many words that are considered to be unacceptable in polite conversation.If you notice that a word you've typed is replaced by asterisks, then it is one of these words. Please reconstruct your post to reflect what you're trying to say, but without the word that was blocked. Adding spaces or other characters to the filtered word is not acceptable here. If you attempt to bypass the filter by using any means, it's a direct act against the rules of this site. The Moderators will generally only delete the word itself from your post. However, repeated occurrences of this type may cause more severe reaction by the Moderators who are entrusted to keep the peace here.

Simply put, cussing is not necessary and should not be used. If you feel like cussing in a private message to another member who is tolerant of it, then that's fine. The use of cussing in the open forums is not acceptable as polite conversation. Please just talk without using profanity.

Good stuff. I hope you get that ph adjusted and some more nutes for the ladies. Keep us posted on your progress. Take care and be safe.

Dude, we have SO much of the same stuff it is scary!
same meter
same pH down (not that big of a deal)
same desktop
same laptop
same t5 lights.....
Are you spying on me??

Prodigious,

no... no spying.. its just HOW WE DO!!! hahahaha i love my dell! what about your flower lights? check up in my earlier post for the pics of em..

Update.

PH in res. is down to 5.16! Pretty happy with that. I was to excited to adjust the PPMs without coming down here and giving an update. Water is at 70 degrees and consistent 100% of the time. PPMs are 220 now after adding that PH down stuff.

THAT PEN IS AMAZING!!!!!!! I love those guys at the hydro shop.. i got one heck of deal... i walked in and just told em, said hey, im building a big set up.. i can either buy it all here, or somewhere else.. so work with me. i dont expect ebay prices (even though they beat pretty much ALL of them) but i want to know and feel like i got a good deal..

they did pretty darn good.

SO potus, puffin, and everyone check this out as well..

PPM's 220 in process of adjusting
PH 5.16! AMAZING!
Hannah pen - BEST INVESTMENT FOR SURE!
Temp water 70, temp of plants with lights 2 inches above em 73-78 degrees (usually about 73 spot on)
NEW TIMER! Got it set up 5 minutes ago, one hour on one hour off!

In process of covering water to protect from light infiltration.

excellent job! you'll learn real fast that the cheapest ways end up costing you the most in the long run.

drain a couple gallons out of your res and add some tap water to bring your PH up to around 5.8. try to become a perfectionist. try to keep your ppm between 5.8 and 6.1.

when you take into consideration the difference between each point in the reading is like an increase 10 fold(think earthquake) it is very important to keep them consistent and within the correct parameters.

your doin great man....and that hanna is going to pay for itself 20 times over by the quality of your dank nugz and yield.

:D

whoah....sorry bout that! PH hahahahah

was high....ppm you gotta keep track of the plant uptake.

PH 5.8-6.1

hey guys, got an issue.... my PH is fluctuating like crazy! just this morning i check it and its already at a 6.3? is it possible for it to go from a 5.3 to a full point higher in about 16-18 hours?!

Did you wash your hydroton well before you put it in? I read somewhere that if your water is red from the hydroton or there is a lot of small hydroton particles in your nute solution it can play hell with your pH. Maybe?

thats an interesting concept. i did rinse it, pretty well. i ran this system for two weeks before utilizing it to try and work the kinks out and what not. then three days ago, before i transplanted plants i cleaned with bleach the whole system and basically cleared out all those hydroton particles. there is still a little but VERY VERY little. nothing even close to what you see when you first rinse em. the water is a funny color due to the nutes. i just dont know... another thing is, my new meter, i stuck it back in the calibrating fluid and instead of reading a 7.0, its reading 7.6.... so im going to be exchanging that meter also.

ahhh the joys of dialing these systems in..

doesnt that meter come calibrated?

PH is a finicky thing......it changes a lot and then the system will balance out. pretty soon you will be able to recognize where your at in that process. ;)

keep at it...but don't make it harder than it is. :p

I thought it may be important to point this out but there are a few different strains being grown here, more so than in the title.

The break down is as follows

Big Bud x1
Crystal Limits x2
Easy Setiva x3
K2 x5
Silver Pearl x5
Purple Power Plant x5
White Widow x5
and some random bag seed x13

DSC00540.JPG

DSC00541.JPG

DSC00542.JPG

DSC00542-1.JPG

DSC00551.JPG

DSC00557.JPG

DSC00570.JPG

:goodposting: I am just amazed at the organization and cleanliness! Wow... It makes me want to go out and clean my grow rooms. Maybe I should go HYDRO and just throw out all the dirt! :farm: Just kidding. I like digging in dirt. Guess that comes from growing up in the country. :eek:
I'm very interested and very curious because I don't know much about hydro, except for starting my clones. I do have a problem keeping the pH down in my cloner.
I have some of the same products you have. That's cool. I'd love to have a Hannah Pen. Good luck and I'll be checking in again.
:peace:

Yeah, pH pisses me off because I am a super control freak and I like things to be where I WANT them. When I set the pH at a level, I want it to be near there when I check it again. Some things just aren't meant to be. I worked in the dairy at a BIG grocery store when I was young and I swear when I worked there I was ALWAYS Stressed out. Reason is is b/c when I stocked the milk and eggs I did them so nice and neat and then an hour later my shelves would be trashed. My blood pressure would sore and I'd HAVE to fix them.
Welp, I hope that taught you how to fix your pH! Sorry, rambling....but just keep fighting that pH...it will stabilize soon once all of the "newness" of the products wears off and what not...atleast that's what I found happened in my system.

Latest posts

Back