xtrfine hairs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grass hopper

Reaction score
3 weeks into flower and noticed smaller than usual buds as well as extra fine hairs. I think the plants are cold. Temp in the cellar is 61 degrees. I put a small heater near the inlet to the tent. Am monitoring closely. Is it the cold causing this. The plants looks very healthy now in all ways others than buds. THANKS!

are these from clones you flowered out all ready?...I dont think the 61 temps cause this I have seen colder temps change the color and even slow the growth. IMO its in the genetics. Some have long FAT hairs and some thin small. can we have a look at these?

tcabs

That is too cold, it will slow maturity. I just had that happen. Turn the heat up... Want to post a pic?

That is too cold, it will slow maturity. I just had that happen. Turn the heat up... Want to post a pic?

thanks rose, have grown bunches of grows dn there. never had this before. yeu, pics tommorow. always something huh? off to vote.

Holy cow you got it going on in there grasshopper. Beautiful!! wow!

anyone know what is causing the bowing leaves in pic #3???? seen this before. its in 3 of 25 gals..

Not sure Bro. All the others look so good i cant emagine what we be wrong with those.

There are a lot of guesses about leaf tacoing. Some say water issues, some say mag. Is it just on one plant and is it a different variety? I had some last summer in the heat but it didn't do anything.. if everything looks good and healthy I wouldn't worry. Others will know more i bet.. your grow looks great though.

You have a combination of issues there. I would bet the canopy is too crowded for starters. That is probably keeping the bottom of the plants too chili with the temps you have had. I would go in there and cut out a handful of the largest leaves from around the space. You need to get the canopy a little more open for light penetration. But you have to be careful to not freak out the plants. That's why I say carefully go through and remove about 10 leaves. Then wait a few days and do it again. You also need to go under the canopy and remove every little sprig on the lower branches. But only take a few from each plant then wait a few days and do it again. you will be amazed at the results.

jeez grass hopper! that is quite the packed grow area. do your neighbors lights dim when your lights go on or does the nuke plant just kick on another reactor?

wish i had a setup like that...

lol, oldguy. u know i helped a buddy buy this set-up for his place. it was too tight and i wound up taking it home. its a 54 by 96 inch tent. like to pack it with 28 glamour gals in 5 gallon sacks. the (3) 600 watters run me bout $250. month for 3 months max per grow. worth every penny.

pup, did more bottom pruning a couple days ago. dont like taking off large fan leaves unless they have lost all light. i saw alot more tacoing on ur grow journal. yours were tacoing UP while leaf nodes were curling UP as well. mine are REVERSE tacoing. bowing DOWN while leaf nodes are curling DOWN. only on 3 of 25 but still love to know why.

I am sure you did this already,but is there anything inside the taco leaf? frass? anything?

It has been my experience that the Taco leaf is a sign of either hot/dry air that is sucking the moisture out of the leaves (which is what you see in my latest pics in journal), or it is an early magnesium deficiency showing. But the 2 are easily confused during flower.

What you have showing is usually a sign of over or under watering. If your plants are root bound, they can dry out a little faster, especially plants grown organically as they literally eat the soil.

I am sure you did this already,but is there anything inside the taco leaf? frass? anything?

i gave a good check inside curl. clean and healthy. i did notice that all 3 gals affected with reverse tacoing were on the very outside of the tent. 2 of the 3 were in the furthest corners from the lights. the 3rd is dead center, but on outer wall location. i also noticed that the tacoing was only on the top 1/3 of plants... whats frass??????

Latest posts

Back