harvest date?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darin1972

Reaction score
so when i read that a strain is a 7/8 wk flower time from what date do i count from to find my aprox harvest date...
much thanks

Time it from when flowers appear, not proof of what sex it is, a plant can show sex and not produce flowers for over 2 weeks.

Corn is exactly correct, flowering times given are only a rough guestimate, Trich's are the reason your growing the plant, not hairs, size or anything else, Trich's tell you when to harvest :)

darin1972 said:
so when i read that a strain is a 7/8 wk flower time from what date do i count from to find my aprox harvest date...
much thanks
As C has said look for tricombs.After you put her in her 12/12 cycle then in about 7-8 weeks maybe sooner start looking for tri's.Do you have a micoscope?That always helps to see the tricombs...
hope this helps
have a great day and stay safe

i think that i am confused, i understand that indoors flowing starts at 12/12 now if it was the same for outdoors with 12/12 that does not happen till late sept in my area. then i posted on another site wondering at what light cycle flowering starts outdoors i thought i started when the light cylce starts to decline witch is july 21st and from my post received mixed answers.... on person said not till 12/12 and another said when it is 14.5/9.5
Hick so 7/8 wk strain will start to flower end of july, then 7/8 weeks later finished

Inside growing is exact and forced, outside is nature who controls, some plants need 14/10 to trigger flower, some need 12/12, its variable, no set rules, the rule is when the flowering cycle starts and you see bud developement you then mark that as a date to start counting.

To me you sound like your near the arctic with huge long days of almost permalight, is this correct about the permalight?

HippyInEngland said:
Inside growing is exact and forced, outside is nature who controls, some plants need 14/10 to trigger flower, some need 12/12, its variable, no set rules, the rule is when the flowering cycle starts and you see bud developement you then mark that as a date to start counting.

To me you sound like your near the arctic with huge long days of almost permalight, is this correct about the permalight?
no i am located at lat 43 in the states, and your post has been the best as far as info thanks

I count from the day i turn my lights to 12/12 inside. I find that the estimated flowering is really the earliest the strain can be harvested. I use my 100xloupe to gauge the trichomes for peak ripeness, usually harvesting at about 15%amber and 85% cloudy. Hope this helps some, Peace and Love!!!
Roken.

Wow I just read that link and although I'm really high at the moment (pre dinner smoke heh) found it really informative and understood 99 percent. Thanks man, I'm going to read that article after dinner.

Latest posts

Back