1st grow ever, 18 NL girls

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn man...you are growing some trees indoors....NICE!!!!

Hey man looking great, I wouldn't sweat the yellow leaves too much, if they are only the bottom ones it's most likely the lack of sun down there, the plants look very healthy. What a great looking first grow. Those 3 don't look to be goin hermie, at least not to me, I've had my share of them in the past.

I would advice you to always monitor the plant closely when you detect signs that it could be a hermie. I just had a plant the made some calyxes that looked just like male preflowers for the first couple of days and then all of a sudden pestils were coming out of them. I almost chopped my Nemesis for this reason, and I'm sure glad that I didn't now.

I'd love to see that whole room full of resin-oozing buds :).
Thanks MeNtAlPaTiEnT, so would I, so would I:). I hope I can pull this throug.
I would advice you to always monitor the plant closely when you detect signs that it could be a hermie.
Thanks RiskyPack, been looking closely. Need to get a proper magnifyer though.

I wouldn't sweat the yellow leaves too much, if they are only the bottom ones it's most likely the lack of sun down there, the plants look very healthy. What a great looking first grow. Those 3 don't look to be goin hermie, at least not to me
Thanks Raisin Jackson, they opened up now a bit and dont look so ballish anymore:)

Damn man...you are growing some trees indoors....NICE!!!!
Cheers Hamster Lewis, thanks for dropping by

Added another 150w HPS.
Have I gone completely mad?
Biggest plant 103 cm today and the smallest only 63cm.
Quite a difference dont you think and this is just because the smallest one is nearest to the intake, where the cold air comes in. So no crap about how those kind of things effect on your grow. Kind a knew it would happen and was expecting it but didnt had a choice on that matter. What was a surprise that the difference is that big, 40%.The Small one is still healthy looking with lots of bud sites and bushy, just small, poor thing:). Lets see how it finnishes, biggest candidate of turning hermie.

Be well everybody!

Thanks for dropping by BUDISGUD

Made myself a clonebox from aquarium.
Bit of trimming,bit of cloning, bit of experiment with.
Everything looking good IMO.

IMG_1641.JPG

IMG_1642.JPG

Those are looking pretty nice i think ill sit back and :watchplant:

Day 25 flora or something around that

Had a small accident in the growroom, one of the big fluoros collapsed and did some damage to few plants. Main stems stayed intact but lost some good budsites and big fanleaves :(.
Otherwise plants looking good and healthy. Tallest 107cm and smallest 70cm. I think they wont come as big as I was planning but hoping that most will break that 90cm mark.

Check out that individual plant in redbucket. I call it "organic wunderbaum" or "the rent". I'm growing it for my friend and it will be the rent for me for using his barn to grow and as reguested only feeding with water and my love:), nothing else. I've putted some used tea leaves and ground coffee on top of it and started watering it today with vanilla flauvored water. It looks cool to me, very symmetric, like a miniature christmastree. Healthy looking aswell. Its 71 cm tall btw so not the shortest one in this lot.

I tried different methods of rooting my clones, well all in soil but in different mixes and cuts and so on. Some looking better, some worse. Just trying...they'll be gifts anyway and hopefully atleast few will pull through.

Thanks for dropping by everyone and to annarko aswell for your comment.

And now, after almost 5h of watering,:48:, anyone?

Bom

Be well and be safe

IMG_1667.JPG

IMG_1670.JPG

IMG_1671.JPG

Day 30 flora

HazeMe Looking real good, Parcero!
Cheers mate.

All things just ok I think.
Girls are getting a bit fatter by day and sticky.
Found a new home for few clones, few still here with me.
Lost them few budsites when that lamp collapsed and smoked some them small ones and was surprised that there was already some potent in them, good.
Temps seem to drop quite a bit during dark perioid and I have to use a heater in the room, temps vary around the room between 17-23celsius, 63-74fahr. during dark. Too bad, I would rather save the electricity during that time but no can do. I´m looking for a gas heater, costy things but might get one anyway and save in the long run..
I'm running 5 hps lamps now + fluoros and everyother thing around the room and house so I´m pretty much using 2000w constantly 24h a day:eek:!
Waiting for a massive bill....

Anyways, some new pics, taken just before the lights went off today.

Thanks for visiting.

Bom!

IMG_1676.JPG

IMG_1678.JPG

IMG_1679.JPG

IMG_1680.JPG

IMG_1682.JPG

Never really did any trimming to my plants. I wanted to see how they grow without.
Today while watering I gave them the knife and made 90 cuts from 15 plants, I had seen enough. Dont really have any idea what this kind of chopping will do to plants at this stage and it's a bit too late to worry about it now and I do not. I went trough all the budsites and if there was no cristal on top, you're out. Some very small and some very big, over 40cm, like that one in the pic 46cm!
Also measured them today and seems that they dont grow taller anymore, atleast not much. Growth was 1-3 cm in one week. Tallest 109cm and shortest aorund 70cm. Funny how I dont remember anymore and dont have the board with me. The Rent was 73 if I remember correctly.
Full nutes 4ml - 3ml and 3ml / litre, rainwater.
Lights on temps 22-30c. Lights off temps 18-22c.

Bom!

IMG_1690.JPG

IMG_1691.JPG

Cant see difference to the ones I stabbed and to the ones I left alone, yet.
On monday there was a pungent stench of urea/ammonia in the room and if I wouldn't been sure I would have thought that theres been cats pissing all over the place. That smell disappeared for two days and was back strong again yesterday. I guess they recovered... Dont know if this kind of stench is normal to NL. I've come across to some hazes that had a strong urea/ammonia smell.

Just waiting.

It's -5 celsius and I'm not laughing.

Something has been chewing leaves. Havent found the bastard yet.
Smell of weed has reached second floor trough the ceiling, need adjust some wunderbaums.
Pots already very dry, need to give them a bit water tonight. Once a week watering is not enough anymore. Still going to nute them only once a week.

IMG_1734.JPG

IMG_1729.JPG

Hi mistisrising, thanks for dropping by.
I dont know. Shop says flowering time 50-65 days. It´s the beginning of the 6th weeks in flora now(day 36). I repotted them while flowering, maybe thats one week extra and I slashed them :eek: earlier this week aswell so maybe thats another week more. I hope atleast 4 weeks more, still see-through buds and not enough of them either... if you ask me:).

Bom!

Had a proper short circuit the other morning and nearly burned down the whole barn. Things just melted... Luckily it didnt burn and it happened while I was in the room and it was 4 minutes to darkness. An electrician friend visited and told me he has never seen anything like that and told me it was really a good luck that it didnt burn down. He fixed it and also promised to make something more safe in there. He had a meter with him and we checked the consumption of electricity..woa, day time constant 2800w per hour, drops a bit under 2500w/h when dark!! Expecting massive bill...:eek:
It gets too cold inside the room aswell now, need to insulate the whole ceiling next friday and adjust the floor a bit aswell. Need to run two heaters during dark and that sucks, thats why it takes that much electricity. It's slightly too cool during day aswell so I added another 150w hps to give warmth:).

Be well

Bom!
:joint4:

very impressive looking grow you've been working on parcero! I'm interested in seeing this one the rest of the way. I've got 4 NL I just started so I'll be keeping an eye on this one as it comes to a close.

Thanks for visiting lordhighlama and good luck to your grow. Need to check your journal.

Slow progress, buds a bit more filled I think. Hard to say when you see them all the time.
Watering and nute day yesterday.
Almost full nutes, dropped one ml of Biogrow, gave 3ml-4ml-4ml/l.
Need to water again thursday or friday but without nutes.
Accidently snapped a fanleaf today and this really pisses me off. No more room for any mistakes!!!
Got myself two small UV-B bulbs. Only one in use now, getting another lamp friday so then using both. Just 20min yesterday, approx. 30min today and so on.

Be well

Bom Shiva

You got some real nice ladies there.. I want to go back to Northern Light again at some point.. It was my first grow, and actually one of the best smokes I've had so far..

About the fanleaves... Doesn't matter too much.. look at my second grow.. Almost no fan leaves in the end :D It was a PH problem.. But plants are strong.

Latest posts

Back