1st timer...any tips?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Be careful playing with ph levels and all that crap. I've harvested 20+ crops and still have absolutely no need for ph meters.

Get ready to transplant. Get a bigger pot and fill it right up to the top with soil; your plants need root space.

Second, I would get that light closer to your plant, and you'll start to see less of a gap between the nodes of the plant.

i just purchased the orange light for my 2 cfl setup to be ready for flower. i'm wondering when to add it in? i will go for maybe 2wks but at least 1 wk more for vegg, should i put it in while still in veg, or what til i send it into flower>? also finally got some mylar sheets!!! (more usage of my low output cfl)

i added another home depot floro. it has 1750 lumens added to my other floro. i also put mylar instead of using foil. if you see in the pics there is mylar on 2 sides of the plant, i know it would be better to have all 4 sides covered but with my closet there isnt very much room. anywho my question is should i jjst hang some mylar off the other 2 sides and the top because light does come out the top? oh and finally got the ph down to about 7. should it be lower?

DSC00342-1.JPG

DSC00344-1.JPG

DSC00345-1.JPG

DSC00347-1.JPG

DSC00348-1.JPG

DSC00349-1.JPG

DSC00350-1.JPG

you should be shooting for a ph of 6.5 for soil... and don't worry about the mylar above... u'll just create a fire hazard.:hitchair:

also I noticed with your cfl's on the side lighting... they should be up higher, above the level of the plants - either equal to or above.

thanks yo.. i brought the 2 light fixture up level with my other lamp, is that better for it? just flushed her to bring ph down, now im freakin nervous i need some mojo help!!!!!!

That tempature/humidty combo thing is the bomb, where did you get it?

will my setup be okay now that i took some cuts? im using the same setup for my cuts as my grow. would this be okay til my cuts grow some roots? im gonna add a shelf and different lights when i get the money, but will they be okay with the lights and 20/4 light schedule im doing?

yeah just dont cut to much foilage off and youll be fine. try rooting gel or powder and throw the clones in jiffy pellets, water, a bubble cloner w/e...and your off!

are you shooting to sex them first or to flower them all together?

mal_crane said:
Be careful playing with ph levels and all that crap. I've harvested 20+ crops and still have absolutely no need for ph meters.

Get ready to transplant. Get a bigger pot and fill it right up to the top with soil; your plants need root space.

Second, I would get that light closer to your plant, and you'll start to see less of a gap between the nodes of the plant.

:holysheep::holysheep: Dude, do pay attention to all that crap, some may just get lucky but don't let luck dictate truth. pH and TDS/EC measurements can help you make a good grow a great grow. The lack of this knowledge can kill a grow, look around this forum and you will see that a pH check comes up on every grow that there is a problem, then nutes, etc. You should check these measurements. If you want to live by the seat of your pants and get whatever comes your way by all means skip them, if you want to be prudent and maximize your yields, and make your time spent to the upmost, invest in them. :D

hey thanks yo. right now my ph reads 7. i just fed with water reading 4 to bringg it down from 8. im gonna wait to feed it again to bring it down a bit more. if its a female plant is there a chance for the cuts to be some males? a buddy of mine put the cuts into these sponge like cubes with some cut nute(i forgot the name) and is letting them sit in water with superthrive!

wonare1one said:
hey thanks yo. right now my ph reads 7. i just fed with water reading 4 to bringg it down from 8. im gonna wait to feed it again to bring it down a bit more. if its a female plant is there a chance for the cuts to be some males? a buddy of mine put the cuts into these sponge like cubes with some cut nute(i forgot the name) and is letting them sit in water with superthrive!
Whatever the plant you clone from the sex will be the same, so hopefully you clone from just female plants and all the clones will be females. It sounds like your friend knows how to clone, pick his brain a bit...:D

Latest posts

Back