2000 lumens!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leafminer

Bloody H E L L !
Reaction score
Day 19 on my Auroras in reveg and the lone sativa in front. I believe I am running about 2000 lumens/sq ft! See how big the sativa is in just 19 days from popping. I feel like that one is competing with cdmharley's grow cos he started his at the same time. The reveg is starting to come on well now, the leaves are still too light a green for my liking tho.

2000lumens.jpg

Just a little MiracleGro so far. Thanks for the reminder.

hey leafminer

do you have any photos of the Aurora before harvest? I have one growing and would like to see one completed.

Did the buds really turn purple?

Just wanted to say I use the same 5 gal buckets for pots too. Keeper green, bud. Your gals are looking real healthy.

leafminer said:
Day 19 on my Auroras in reveg and the lone sativa in front. I believe I am running about 2000 lumens/sq ft! See how big the sativa is in just 19 days from popping. I feel like that one is competing with cdmharley's grow cos he started his at the same time. The reveg is starting to come on well now, the leaves are still too light a green for my liking tho.

You are going to need a lot more lights--3000 lumens per sq ft is considered the bare minimum. Most people try to have at least 5000 lumens per sq ft.

jane_doe said:
hey leafminer

do you have any photos of the Aurora before harvest? I have one growing and would like to see one completed.

Did the buds really turn purple?

I tend not to keep photos like that on my laptop for security reasons :giggle:
But I can tell you, no, the bud didn't turn purple.
The leaves went a very dark almost-purple color though; when it was flowering all the leaves produced were tiny, stuck together with resin, just as good a smoke as the bud.
If your Aurora is anything like as good as mine you are going to be very pleased. Just don't be disappointed when it is still fresh bud, it's not tremendously strong, but after several weeks you are going to have trouble getting off the couch.

The Hemp Goddess said:
You are going to need a lot more lights--3000 lumens per sq ft is considered the bare minimum. Most people try to have at least 5000 lumens per sq ft.

Wow I thought I had plenty at the moment ... it's a 150W HPS and the area is less than a square meter. I'll add some 42W CFLs shortly. Some ***** seems to have walked off with my second 150W HPS. Are you certain they need that much? The light on the plants is so intense I can almost take X-Rays.

Tks for the note greeneyes, yeah those buckets are sturdy, cheaper than regular pots n' even have a grab handle!
I just added some nutes yesterday but the Aurora growth is still quite pale. I think it's just part of the reveg process. The Oaxaca sativa is very dark green so I don't think it is lack of light. I am going to clone the sativa this weekend and when the clones are stable I will take the parent out into natural daylight to make it flower and see whether it is m or f ...
When the new growth on the Auroras is good enough I'll clone them too.

Are you certain they need that much?

Nope just stabbing in the dark. lol

Of course she's sure. I was going to tell you the same thing but instead I'll point you to a few links to help you out.

First read this article
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=231

It will help you understand what everyone is talking about because all this stuff about lumens, foot candles, spectrum, kalvins etc can get confusing so that will give you your ground work.

Then read this one
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1968

This is why you needed to read the other one first lol. Great article though about just about everything you need to know to grow.

Then because I see you are a floro grower (for now you all come to the dark side sooner or later bwahahahaha *cough*) you should read this article.
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1972

Its all about floro growing and again another good read.

When you are ready to move up to HID's (and you will) there is plenty more info in our lighting section on the forums.

Bottom branches on the sativa were pretty well developed so I just took 4 clones of it. No idea what sex it is of course so when the clones have taken I'll put the parent outdoors to find out. If it turns out male I will just keep one plant to see if I can get some viable seed. If female I'll keep the 4 clones going too. I also took a clone from one of the Auroras and keeping fingers crossed on that one. Gonna make a new CFL lamp board over the weekend, to add to the 150W HPS.

ya doing good.. like tater said do more reading on the growing link..
look like lot of us does have some indica/afg
also read some more about cloning too..
good time to start reading... its not ready to clone them.. yea I did cut my top off.. its because most of them was strenched out.. so I had to cut the top off to stop the strenching.. I even pinched them supercropped them.. they getting purple...(abused).. so top off..didn't want to abuse them any more... and cloned the tops.. but your plant is doing good.. do some reading will save your time..

I hate to tell ya bro but that plant you are pointing to in the front is not a sativa, it looks by the size and width of the leaves to be the exact opposite of a sativa, it looks to be about as indica as you're gonna find on the market.

Gonna make a new CFL lamp board over the weekend, to add to the 150W HPS.
cfl's need to be a lot closer to the plants than your HID, in order to benefit from their light. Any light looses intensity very quickly, as the distance increases. CFL's should be no further than 6 inches from your plants in most cases. Getting cfls close enough to benefit your plants, AND not block light from your HID is the goal.

massproducer said:
I hate to tell ya bro but that plant you are pointing to in the front is not a sativa, it looks by the size and width of the leaves to be the exact opposite of a sativa, it looks to be about as indica as you're gonna find on the market.

I know what you mean! But I know its history - I grew some of the same bag seed (Oaxaca weed) last year and the plants went almost to ten feet tall before I cut the tops, I was afraid ppl would see them poking over the garden wall. With stems like one inch thick. More like trees. I don't think indicas will do that! :cool: And the smok: very high but totally paranoid :eek:

And another weird thing too: the Aurora is pure indica, and for sure, smokes like it, and grew with triple-leaf broad leaves as expected ... but in reveg it is coming up with 5 narrow leaves!
Totally :confused:

leafminer said:
I know what you mean! But I know its history - I grew some of the same bag seed (Oaxaca weed) last year and the plants went almost to ten feet tall before I cut the tops, I was afraid ppl would see them poking over the garden wall. With stems like one inch thick. More like trees. I don't think indicas will do that! :cool: And the smok: very high but totally paranoid :eek:

And another weird thing too: the Aurora is pure indica, and for sure, smokes like it, and grew with triple-leaf broad leaves as expected ... but in reveg it is coming up with 5 narrow leaves!
Totally :confused:

That's Indica strong.Maybe a little Sativa in them that gave them height.

Latest posts

Back