2nd Grow- Aliendog from clone

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:) Aww, my question is on pg 3.

Sol said:
Here is my question of the day. If, once my aliendog has flowered , i could just harvest most of her and leave some vegetation and re-veg her over and over sorta eliminating my paranoia of always having clones of her running??? I'm somewhat space limited and if i don't have to worry about saving a fresh stock ,well , that would be good. Or is this not a good idea for some reason? I heard having a 'mother' sorta gets better with age, is that true?

Maybe, maybe not. Some plants reveg okay, some don't. I personally really do not have very good luck trying to reveg after a complete flowering cycle. So the problem with trying to do this is that it may not work and if you have not taken clones, you are out of luck.

Someone brought up the idea of light meters the other day and got me thinking thats' a good idea,. I found one (pic) its older, from Stuttgart,Germany neat. Anyway its fairly cheap so i was wondering if this will suit my needs? Or should i look for something a tad more modern?

5307l0k_19.jpg

Thanks Puffin, i found that other one for 20$, though it might do the same job, on the cheap. I don't mind spending $$ where it counts though.

Thanks very much Puffin, i know nothing about what to look for in a light meter. I'm assuming 5k is the low end for veg and then what about flowering? I suppose they are adjustable by thousands maybe?? I guess i woulod need one that could read up to 100k or so just to be safe. I do plan to upgrade my lighting soon.

Also this thread does'nt have enough pics. Here's a few from today as i was trying to even my canopy.

AlienD looks much the same, CandyK is catching up fast, and Greencrack stays tiny but is bushing up. Seems a slower grow than the others, as for size, but she is getting a thick stem and pushing leaves from everywhere.

I still think the CandyK and the GreenCrack got the names mixed up.:eek: :eek:
Oh well , at least they are healthy( i know the AD is burnt on leaf tips:) )

AD2a.JPG

CK1a.JPG

GC1a.JPG

FAM1a.jpg

oh i see . I was thinking 100k as in to read the output for 1000watt hps at something like 120k or so , so would'nt you need a meter that goes to 150k? Not a problem, i'll interrogate the guy at the hydro store tomorrow.Thanks again.

Another great site. More info on myco than any one needs for three lives.

hxxp://www.mycolog.com/index.html

Did a lil re-arranging to get some air flow and i noticed some red leaf stem(only) on both largest plants. I know some strains do this but it is also an advanced sign of some sort of def i cant remember. I figure they look good,green , nice and tight so theyre' ok . i'll keep an eye on it but if someone sees something i'm not, be sure to mention it , please:)

fgr.JPG

Sol said:
Here is my question of the day. If, once my aliendog has flowered , i could just harvest most of her and leave some vegetation and re-veg her over and over sorta eliminating my paranoia of always having clones of her running??? I'm somewhat space limited and if i don't have to worry about saving a fresh stock ,well , that would be good. Or is this not a good idea for some reason? I heard having a 'mother' sorta gets better with age, is that true?

Maybe, maybe not. Sometimes a plant will reveg, sometimes it will not. I personally do not have great luck revegging plants. In addition, it can take a month or more to even get your plant back to where it is starting new vegging growth. If you had a clone that you vegged a month it would be ready for flowering in the same time that the reveggd plant was just starting to reveg. So a reveg could cost you a month of basically no grow time. Maybe you could eke out a little 2 x 2 space and a little PLL T5 to clone and veg. And have a perpetual type of grow, harvesting a plant every 8 to 10 weeks.

What is "your paranoia of always having clones of her running"?

oh cool , i get 2 answers 4 the price of one (post #63) I'm thinkin we missed pg.4 - Lol But anyway i think i will be getting a tent perhaps soon and then i'll divide that space you guys always see( which is 6ft. tall) into 2 3 ft. spaces for clones,mothers,veg something like that.

My paranoi about always having clones is ONLY cus' i have'nt yet ordered seeds online and don't want to end up with nothing.Stupid fear cus' i know i'm not a bad gardener and seeds online are easy.

?? Let's say you were bored and put an air stone in a 5 gal bucket with water, and added worm castings,seaweed,all the meals (alfalfa,bone,blood-good bio-activators) , then some sawdust/shavings,fish emulsion and aerated for a few days. I did this and just checked that pail after about 2-3 weeks and the top is growing these white fibrous tendril like web effect stuff and smells god awful in a good way not like ammonia or anything.
My question is : is that stuff the beneficial stuff growing or is something else happening. They werent there before, they grew so its definetely something.

I hafta stop posting at nite when no one ever reads till a few days after. lol

Nice man. Very nice indeed. Are you feeding them already ? You can try to push the feeding ( if you want of course ) so you can have darker green leafs.

They look great

:48:

Lol, you don't have to use kid gloves with me, although i appreciate it. Yeah, i'm sorta getting tune in and used to organics, Repaired mag def, other is too light on nute and the other is just fine. And the little guy is new,'Williams wonder' from 86' (older friends:cool: ) so she needs some extra attention, he had light way too high, as you can see. Other than that its all working fine, i like organics.

I have a quik question:

I just went and picked up an order of 'goodies' ( grow stuff) that i ordered and come to find instead of 2 600 HPS bulbs( correct) there is 1 HPS and 1 MH(incorrect).

Should i bother to exchange the MH for a HPS or keep it. I'm using t5s' right now for veg and a MH couldnt hurt but is it worth it given the heat to lumen ratio. Or would that $$ be better spent on another HPS as a backup bulb.

I'm confused, but I'm smoking too, sooooooo.......

d'oh...nevermind

Yeah, i was leaning towards exchanging it but was'nt sure if it was worth it for just 1 bulb, but i know i won't use it (MH). I guess the benefits warrant the extra effort. Thanks and may the force be with you:cool:

looking nice and green Sol. May I ask what your feeding them and how often?
Mine are all turning yellow with brown and crisp leaf tips and not sure if I am over or under feeding

Hiya dontknowmuch,

sounds like you have a nute burn to me, post a pic, go ahead. And i'm feeding with organic teas, although i'm still in the tuning stage. Bat guano, fish emulsion a few other things, as natural as i could find. I water at different times as my plants are all different sizes, but i let them dry out before i water/feed again. You are most likely over-watering, of course i can't say for sure but that's the most common mistake we make when starting these wonderful projects.

ALso, i picked up a carbon filter today, and have no idea of the cfm (made in foreign land with no label) Its 16" tall and an 8" diameter. I included a pic so if someone has one similar , we might be able to come to a reasonable guess.

DSCI0012.JPG

Latest posts

Back