3rd grow 4 strains of autos in a tent 1000w

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
uptosumpn said:
neva know till u try....i say go for it !

Yeah I am going to gve it a shot... I need practice cloning anyway....

how tall is she? looks like a couple feet...or is that just how it looks in the pic...2 ft is kinda tall for an auto isnt it?

Your stalky, bushy lady is doing awsome. Look's like a heavy yielder to me. I imagine a chunky main cola on her. She could start flowering any day now I'd bet. She looks like she's definately mature enough to start to want to reproduce. A room-full of those babies would be a sight to behold.. mmmhmm.
Oh and happy cloning :). Always a joy to be with the plants whenever you can. I always love putting on some real relaxing, chill music, smoking a joint or a bong, and start taking some clippings!

maybe im off base here, but..... how did you get an auto strain to veg at all? if it veges its not an automatic flowering plant, right? I was under the impression you cant clone autos. Im waiting to finish my jacks cleaner grow n start a similiar ak bluryder n dieselryder under a 1000w so this is something that would be usefull to know for sure.

chefboyrd420 said:
maybe im off base here, but..... how did you get an auto strain to veg at all? if it veges its not an automatic flowering plant, right? I was under the impression you cant clone autos. Im waiting to finish my jacks cleaner grow n start a similiar ak bluryder n dieselryder under a 1000w so this is something that would be usefull to know for sure.

All autos veg...just not for long and the time they do veg is not determined by you at all...3 weeks is the norm for autos vegging...by then they hve already showed sex and if female start producing buds...The thing is that this "Auto" pakistan ryder is not a true stable auto flowering plant...it vegged quickly and showed sex quickly like autos do...it stayed short like autos do...but it has not started flowering automatically...it also has not died...it is green and healthy...autos veg, flower, and die...so this plant is kinda like an evolutionary step between regular and auto strains...my question is...if it is not a true auto and it will live indefinitely then can it be cloned? The only value wld be that it stays short so you cld keep it as a mother and flower the clones you pull...it might come in handy to hve a small bushy mother plant...plus I need practice cloning....:)

Hamster Lewis said:
...my question is...if it is not a true auto and it will live indefinitely then can it be cloned? The only value wld be that it stays short so you cld keep it as a mother and flower the clones you pull...it might come in handy to hve a small bushy mother plant...plus I need practice cloning....:)

I was thinking outdoor, if it'll start flowering early, then it would finish reasonably early. I can't imagine it flowering more than ten weeks with auto genes in it. Looks good though, I might top it if I was you, just to see what she does.

mistisrising said:
I was thinking outdoor, if it'll start flowering early, then it would finish reasonably early. I can't imagine it flowering more than ten weeks with auto genes in it. Looks good though, I might top it if I was you, just to see what she does.

The P ryder is 69 days old today...it has been in 12/12 all week and i think I see some flower development and she has started to stretch...I am going to try and take some clones tonight I think...before it starts flowering heavily...I am not sure just how much auto she has in her...she is 19 inches right now and if she doubles in size during the flowering period well then to me that wld say it has little to no auto gene...all the autos I hve grown hve never gone through the stretch period...they just bud up and get fat...not sure about topping her...

Hamster Lewis said:
...not sure about topping her...

Yeah, maybe not before you know how much she'll stretch. Better idea for a clone, if they live.

A pic of the P ryder...she seems to be stretching and looks like some flower development is starting... I want to take some clones tonight but i am tired...tough weekend...too much partying...:)

IMG_0286.jpg

Yup, kinda does look like she's starting the flowering phase. Maybe this particular pheno likes to veg for a while before flowering.

Clean out your InBox some HL.

The following errors occurred when this message was submitted:

1. Hamster Lewis has exceeded their stored private messages quota and can not accept further messages until they clear some space.

SPEARCHUCKER said:
Clean out your InBox some HL.

The following errors occurred when this message was submitted:

1. Hamster Lewis has exceeded their stored private messages quota and can not accept further messages until they clear some space.

Lol.......just did some house cleaning of my inbox...didn't realize it filled up again so quickly...:)

RiskyPack said:
Looks a bit like a Christmas three :-D

You are right Risky...she does kinda look like a small x-mas tree...:) Hopefully she will continue to flower and bud up and gve me icky sticky presents...:D

hamster: im trying to decide my grow space and im wondering if i should go with one big huge pot like 12"x12"x12" for one auto and growing it big, or if i should go with 4 plants in 6"x6"x12"tall pots in the same space, whats your opinion? and what auto strain would you recommend for that opinion?
mind you this is gonna be with say 10 or so 23-42W CFLS, using cfls is my only option but im still unsure of the lumens/watts i need depending on what setup i go with...

danaro12 said:
hamster: im trying to decide my grow space and im wondering if i should go with one big huge pot like 12"x12"x12" for one auto and growing it big, or if i should go with 4 plants in 6"x6"x12"tall pots in the same space, whats your opinion? and what auto strain would you recommend for that opinion?
mind you this is gonna be with say 10 or so 23-42W CFLS, using cfls is my only option but im still unsure of the lumens/watts i need depending on what setup i go with...

Well just because you go with a super huge pot does not mean the auto will grow super huge...they hve their limitations...a bigger pot will help but when all is said and done they are autos and will not grow as big as a regular strain plant...What size grow area do you hve to work with? You want to shoot for 5000 lumens per square foot...knowing what I know now I wld go with 4 deep pots over one gigantic one if space is an issue...I am thinking of going with 3 liter soda bottles as pots next auto grow. As for an Auto strain recommendation I hve my favorites...Russian Rocket Fuel, SnowRyder, and Buddha White Dwarf are my top 3... if you don't hve a lot of space and you hve the cash I wld go with fem beans so that you don't hve to weed out the males...if you hve the space then go with regular auto beans...they are cheaper and you never know, you cld get 6 or 7 females from a 10 pack...I hve never grown them with cfl's but Mentalpatient has grown some sweet plants with nothing but cfl's so I know it can be done....

The root ball of my over 2 foot tall male RRF was surprisingly small. Dont know about the females. But it was only about 4 inches wide x 5 inches deep. Didnt reach the bottom of the 8" pot I had it in.

I differ from HL a little bit on that Lumens thing..
Takes 5k HPS lumens psf to get the best out of it. CFL color temp 2700 bulbs put out 6 times the proper red spectrum. So you can do more with less on that level. Can use the 5500 for the Blue spec. The problem with CFLs is that Orange light is needed too. And thats the lacking point. Cause HPS is majority Orange lighting. CFLs dont hit it at all.

10 CFLs is going to toss out an awful heat though. Im running 9-11 and it heats up more than you think.

SPEARCHUCKER said:
The root ball of my over 2 foot tall male RRF was surprisingly small. Dont know about the females. But it was only about 4 inches wide x 5 inches deep. Didnt reach the bottom of the 8" pot I had it in.

I differ from HL a little bit on that Lumens thing..
Takes 5k HPS lumens psf to get the best out of it. CFL color temp 2700 bulbs put out 6 times the proper red spectrum. So you can do more with less on that level. Can use the 5500 for the Blue spec. The problem with CFLs is that Orange light is needed too. And thats the lacking point. Cause HPS is majority Orange lighting. CFLs dont hit it at all.

10 CFLs is going to toss out an awful heat though. Im running 9-11 and it heats up more than you think.

Yeah I don't grow with cfl's so I really don't know that much about the lumens needed from them compared to hid lighting... I hve read that cfl's put out more heat then a comparable amount of hid lighting... I know cfl's really show their limitations when used to flower compared to an HPS light.
Mental did a great job with his cfl grow though.. both vegging and flowering...

Pics of the Pakistani Ryder...she is now flowering nicely...she has so many bud sites...I can't wait to see how this girl fills out...

IMG_0290.jpg

IMG_0291.jpg

Latest posts

Back