3rd grow 4 strains of autos in a tent 1000w

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damm Son That's Gonna Be A Very Interesting Looking Auto Fo Sho!!!

Hamster Lewis said:
Yeah I don't grow with cfl's so I really don't know that much about the lumens needed from them compared to hid lighting... I hve read that cfl's put out more heat then a comparable amount of hid lighting... I know cfl's really show their limitations when used to flower compared to an HPS light.
Mental did a great job with his cfl grow though.. both vegging and flowering...

They put out alot more heat I think HL. Its not just heating the walkin closet. Its heating the room outside. Been in the 40s-50s. Central Air vent shut off in that room cause the lights alone are keeping the room at around 70 lol. Its pretty crazy. never expected that much heat out of them.

Limitations in flowering is accredited to that lack of Orange feeding they are denied. Though I dont seem to be seeing any of that with Autos yet. Maybe cause the Rudi gene in them is so durable. I dont know.

Im going to try and get a couple snaps for you tonight or in the morning HL.

Shes looking beautiful ham. Oh and thanks for the compliment about the cfl's :).
And possibly to spearchucker...Cfl's put out a certain amount of heat, but if your room temps are steady at let's say... 24 degrees C those bulbs should just be warm.

Can't wait to see that paki ryder bloom out!

still looking good HampLew, finally that pakistani ryder flowering thats going to be 1 giant auto. SWIM has 1 auto Quicksilver from G-13 labs and lets just say its not so quick on growing or autoflowering.

looking good there hamster looking good some GREEN MOJO for those beauties

(Well just because you go with a super huge pot does not mean the auto will grow super huge...they hve their limitations...a bigger pot will help but when all is said and done they are autos and will not grow as big as a regular strain plant...What size grow area do you hve to work with? You want to shoot for 5000 lumens per square foot...knowing what I know now I wld go with 4 deep pots over one gigantic one if space is an issue...I am thinking of going with 3 liter soda bottles as pots next auto grow. As for an Auto strain recommendation I hve my favorites...Russian Rocket Fuel, SnowRyder, and Buddha White Dwarf are my top 3... if you don't hve a lot of space and you hve the cash I wld go with fem beans so that you don't hve to weed out the males...if you hve the space then go with regular auto beans...they are cheaper and you never know, you cld get 6 or 7 females from a 10 pack...I hve never grown them with cfl's but Mentalpatient has grown some sweet plants with nothing but cfl's so I know it can be done....)

well i heard from some other forums that autos grow based on pot size and light, like someone said they grew an auto ak47 in a 4 gallon pot and got like 70g off it so i wasnt sure. im trying to do a stealth box so the area is only 15"x15"x30"tall. but i found tall containers like a foot tall and 6"x6" top so i think 4 of those would fit nice. im thinking of scrogging since im using cfls i know they dont penetrate too well. im thinking my first grow could be for breeding seeds and then a continuous sea of green after that.

(The root ball of my over 2 foot tall male RRF was surprisingly small. Dont know about the females. But it was only about 4 inches wide x 5 inches deep. Didnt reach the bottom of the 8" pot I had it in.

I differ from HL a little bit on that Lumens thing..
Takes 5k HPS lumens psf to get the best out of it. CFL color temp 2700 bulbs put out 6 times the proper red spectrum. So you can do more with less on that level. Can use the 5500 for the Blue spec. The problem with CFLs is that Orange light is needed too. And thats the lacking point. Cause HPS is majority Orange lighting. CFLs dont hit it at all.
10 CFLs is going to toss out an awful heat though. Im running 9-11 and it heats up more than you think.)

cfls are the only option because this is a stealth grow and the amount i have running in the box will be determined by the amount of plants at the time but thats all dependent on how many lumen i want per plant in a area 15"x15".
cfls come in many different spectrum nowadays, 2700K, 3000K, 3500K, 4100K, 5000K, 5500K, 6500K. i could mix any number of these this is also why im going with a bunch of 13-42W cfls instead of one big envirolite cfl. i plan on putting really nice computer fan for intake with an even nicer computer fan for exhaust and its kept in a room at 76degrees constant. sufficient for only 1-4 autos with cfls?

in case they dont catch ur eye because they dont have your name those last two posts were for
HAMSTER and
SPEARCHUCKER relatively

sry this local stuff gets me mad paranoid lol

SPEARCHUCKER said:
They put out alot more heat I think HL. Its not just heating the walkin closet. Its heating the room outside. Been in the 40s-50s. Central Air vent shut off in that room cause the lights alone are keeping the room at around 70 lol. Its pretty crazy. never expected that much heat out of them.

Limitations in flowering is accredited to that lack of Orange feeding they are denied. Though I dont seem to be seeing any of that with Autos yet. Maybe cause the Rudi gene in them is so durable. I dont know.

Im going to try and get a couple snaps for you tonight or in the morning HL.

I wld love to see some pics of your girls Spear...I think this (auto) Paki is going to be worth all the trouble...it has quite a few bud sites going now I can't wait to see what kind of yield I will get from it...I wld not call it an auto though. I wish I had started her on 12/12 sooner...

MeNtAlPaTiEnT said:
Shes looking beautiful ham. Oh and thanks for the compliment about the cfl's :).
And possibly to spearchucker...Cfl's put out a certain amount of heat, but if your room temps are steady at let's say... 24 degrees C those bulbs should just be warm.

Can't wait to see that paki ryder bloom out!

She's a bloomin Mental....and yeah the one thing I like about fall and winter is the cool air to help keep those temps down....:)

42Sm0kinCâli_or_MYOWN said:
still looking good HampLew, finally that pakistani ryder flowering thats going to be 1 giant auto. SWIM has 1 auto Quicksilver from G-13 labs and lets just say its not so quick on growing or autoflowering.

Thanks Dude....and yeah I hve heard that about those...I think it even says that in the description on some seedbank website....

sundancer245 said:
glad to see shes flowering for ya... :aok:

J Cakes said:
looking good there hamster looking good some GREEN MOJO for those beauties

Thanks guys...Mojo is always welcome round here....:)

danaro12 said:
well i heard from some other forums that autos grow based on pot size and light, like someone said they grew an auto ak47 in a 4 gallon pot and got like 70g off it so i wasnt sure. im trying to do a stealth box so the area is only 15"x15"x30"tall. but i found tall containers like a foot tall and 6"x6" top so i think 4 of those would fit nice. im thinking of scrogging since im using cfls i know they dont penetrate too well. im thinking my first grow could be for breeding seeds and then a continuous sea of green after that.

Yes to a degree...but they still hve limitations based on their short life cycle...and AK-47 is known to be a heavy yielder... I think it might be THE heavy yielder when it comes to Autos...I think 4 pots is a good choice over one big one...It will be interesting to see if you can scrog with autos.. I hve never seen it done....

Going to finish watchin this show Crash HL. Then Ill take the snaps and get them on here quick as I can.
I woke up sick as could be thismorning for some reason and couldnt set it up. (probably the booze lol) but Im good nuff now to do it.

And Danaro. CFLs get alot hotter than you are expecting. You should set up 4 or 5 in a 15x15 spot and see what kind of heat it draws.
Why not check out some 50w LED boards. Find them for around 80 or so on EBay. One of those and 2-3 2700 23w CFLs for penetrating red feeding. Your set. And very little heat.

Here is a couple crappy shots for you HL.
Cant really tell or make out much. Especially compared to in person.
Pic 1 is the 2 very different ones. Back one is only 30 days from seed.
Pic 2 is that back one. Branch staying close to the stem, then curling out.
Pic 3 is the other. The branches make a big U shape coming out from the stalk like White Russians do.
Pic 4 is another Double shot. Back one 30 days from seed, front 40 from seed.

Capture10-17-2009-12.54.43 AM.jpg Capture10-17-2009-12.55.43 AM.jpg Capture10-17-2009-12.55.59 AM.jpg Capture10-17-2009-12.56.14 AM.jpg

Yes to a degree...but they still hve limitations based on their short life cycle...and AK-47 is known to be a heavy yielder... I think it might be THE heavy yielder when it comes to Autos...I think 4 pots is a good choice over one big one...It will be interesting to see if you can scrog with autos.. I hve never seen it done....

well i said i would scrog because i heard cfls dont penetrate and they work better for scrogging cuz the canopy is level with them.
i guess im never sure how many cfls to put though because i hear so many things like 5K per sq.ft, or 3K for vegging n 7K for flowering per plant, so im unsure of how many and i guess how many lumens i need and how much heat it creates determines the whole grow lol
but let me ask i was reading a forum about growing in shot glasses with 5g yields and took it to heart and thought about it generally. and said if i put 30 2"x2"x3"tall in a 15"x15"x20"tall i cud easily get 1g per plant if not more and that'd be worth it, but still the lumens question comes up. any ideas?

SPEARCHUCK:And Danaro. CFLs get alot hotter than you are expecting. You should set up 4 or 5 in a 15x15 spot and see what kind of heat it draws.
Why not check out some 50w LED boards. Find them for around 80 or so on EBay. One of those and 2-3 2700 23w CFLs for penetrating red feeding. Your set. And very little heat.

i guess iv veered away from LEDs because any info i look up seems unstable so in my head i kinda put LEDs into the future till they develop a bit but if you the vet thinks its plausible then tell me more...like i just said to hamster my newest stoned idea came from a forum about growing in shot glasses with 5g yields and took it to heart and thought about it generally. and said if i put 30 2"x2"x3"tall in a 15"x15"x20"tall i cud easily get 1g per plant if not more and that'd be worth it, but still the lumens question comes up. any ideas?

Thats why I like the mix Dan. You have the LED putting out nothing but pure feeding light. Then you add a couple 2700 color temp CFLs for penetrating red feeding like I said.
LEDs are perfect for small auto grows. And my next grow Im going to start doing the combo myself from now on.
For full size plants, its tough for LEDs. But your talking about small plants to which the leds can reach from top to bottom with ease.
Ill send a link of a person thats had many grows using the combo method so you can see how it does first hand.

SPEARCHUCKER said:
Here is a couple crappy shots for you HL.
Cant really tell or make out much. Especially compared to in person.
Pic 1 is the 2 very different ones. Back one is only 30 days from seed.
Pic 2 is that back one. Branch staying close to the stem, then curling out.
Pic 3 is the other. The branches make a big U shape coming out from the stalk like White Russians do.
Pic 4 is another Double shot. Back one 30 days from seed, front 40 from seed.

View attachment 135358 View attachment 135359 View attachment 135360 View attachment 135361

They look pretty good...you can see the difference the 10 days makes in bud development. The 40 day ones main cola looks pretty dense...Hard to tell any major differences with those pics but I know I had two totally different phenos and can still tell them apart just from looking at and smoking the cured bud...I can't wait till you chop them and do a smoke report...

Latest posts

Back