4u2sm0kes 2012 outdoor grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
THANKS again, 4u2,didn't know on that "low to the ground" thing either. yes Dan, i would pay $5.00 for most questions i ask here.many answers are so important and interesting.

next; what size and type,are the fiska sissors (shears)you and others have mentioned?? i goggled,and so many variations.titanium,stainless,ergonomic handles,no thumb hole,look like shears.8 in.?? premium models etc.etc.

last year,used portable light 2 ft. overhead.big help,.but sitting next to window was AMAZING.diamonds everywhere. also used cheap tiny sissors worked ok. I liked TINY.also any comments on: we used these terrific 4 or 5 in. mag. glass w/ adjustable string around neck.also has a sm. light inc.pointed down on work area.WAY COOl

DAN got $5.00worth and a friend, i wish i could payback somehow-and more THANK$$ AGAIN

:ciao: newbie....thanks for all the intrests and questions....I dont use fiskars anymore..nor do I like the kind that you have to put fingers in...I use these Hydrofarm snips..they stainless steal and spring loaded....Im able to trim for hrs...the fiskars would make my thumb sore after a few branches...I baught 4 pairs of these last summer and still have 2 in the package on the shelf. they clean easy and dont seem to gum up as much...anywho...I need go clean them now for some more trimming:D

take care and be safe

$(KGrHqR,!lgE9rN)(vgOBPpG,Fpgbw~~60_35.JPG

with razor blade very easy..but I dont save the stuff...after each use I soak them in ISO and clean them..then a drop or 2 of All in 1 oil on the spring

Nice trimmers 4U. Went out yesterday to see what fiskars walmart is carrying. Gonna have to buy a couple pairs of micro-touch trimmers.

tis the season---a trimmer friend of mine uses those green handle sheers---she trims tons and traded out the spring from the green handles for the fiskar spring---says her hand are less fatigued cause the fiskar spring is less springy

happy trimmers = happy herb :smoke1:

My new titanium 5" fiskars came by ebay yesterday. Hoping to get to use them soon. I'll report back on how I like them.

There are a lot of models, these were 14.00 USD a pair.
You can probably do better - they retail for 19.99 / I have to consider international shipping which often limits my options.

Based on advice from several members these were the winners.

no. 5 Spring-Assist Titanium Micro Tip Scissors
Perfect for fabric is how they are often advertised.

Titanium-Micro-Tip-Easy-Action-Scissors_product_main.jpg

Details at their site: (Someone let me know if this is considered a live link? Not an active link but easier to cut and paste into any browser bar)

www2.fiskars.com/Products/Crafting/Crafting-Scissors/Titanium-Micro-Tip-Easy-Action-Scissors

If you want the link to the ebay seller- PM me and I'll send it along.

:ciao: Norcal....so glad to see you in my yard. Your killing it in your yard man...I started stripping the larger fan leafs yesturday....took down a Pink Lemonaid that had a ton of small buds...decided to make it a hash plant:D

take care and be safe

Congrats on being one of to start harvest! Happy trimming there.

I also go for the Titanium scissors. I have found the spring will not last through more than one season though. I also have to say, out of three pair we own, only one is my favorite. Gonna have to look into that Hydrofarm scissors now, thanks for the heads up on them 4u.

in edit, forgot to ask, what did you take down?

took the small Pink lemonaid tcbud.....stripped a gooey and going to do another one today...maybe at Halftime:D

4u2sm0ke said:
took the small Pink lemonaid tcbud.....stripped a gooey and going to do another one today...maybe at Halftime:D

It would be nice to get some pics up for us noisy ones....lol.
JK, never thought about making hash out of my baby's I like the buds.

thanks for stopping by Marry....heres what the yard looks like :D

010.JPG

042.JPG

045.JPG

050.JPG

052.JPG

064.JPG

069.JPG

070.JPG

Looking good, are you trimming while they are still in ground?

MARY-JANE said:
Looking good, are you trimming while they are still in ground?

yeah...I start Harvest by removing the fan leafs...they still continue for another week or two...Im the only trimmer right now and this works for me

HemperFi said:
You are killing it 4u, as usual. Great grow!

Peace

thanks HemperFi...sure smells great out there

:48:

4u2sm0ke said:
yeah...I start Harvest by removing the fan leafs...they still continue for another week or two...Im the only trimmer right now and this works for me

Like the idea..Happy trimming!

Latest posts

Back