5th season... 1st journal!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gixxerman420

Broke-n-Tokin Tent Bonger
Reaction score
I have decided instead of just reading and drooling over other people's grow journals for the past three years, I'd actually join up and do some posting this season! I've been coming to the forum and scrounging advice from other's problems and solutions... Recently decided that it wasn't an undercover sting deal and am actually going to do a journal! Here are the details

Strains
3 Papaya fem.
1 Northern Lights Blue fem.
1 Sugar Black Rose fem.
1 White Widow x Big Bud fem.
1 Il Diavolo Auto Flower fem.
Soil and Nutes:
using a mix of about 60% Ocean Forrest and 40% perlite... I'll be using the entire Fox Farm line of Nutrients including, Grow Big, Big Bloom, and Tiger Bloom (not for the auto I've heard, anyone know why?)
Lights:
8 x 100 watt replacement cfl's with a daylight spectrum for vegetative, and 400 watt HPS for the first six weeks, and 430 Watt HPS with extra blue spectrum for the remaining 2-4 weeks of flowering... (estimating on the life expectancy of my bulb, trying to decide if I should use the 430 watt first and keep the 400 for a backup just in case, more lumens= good for buds)Enough jabbering, moving on!

I have a few pictures of them starting today, been in soil for two days after using the germination technique found here:
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54794
Not really exciting pictures, so I added a nice shot of an AK-48's lower branch after harvest, And pictures of a tentful of ICE here:
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54810
Subscribe guys, I feel there is some promise this season, got my grow room tweaked (I think), and have a few (4) grow season's under my belt! Nothing but fun-loving, stress-free, bud-producing ladies! ENJOY!!! I know I will:D

P.S. you may or may not have noticed, but the %'s I gave for perlite and soil is reversed here what it was in the germination technique description... Not a typo, I use a slightly heavier perlite mixture for seedlings and clones, assures there's oxygen in the soil!

0224111353.jpg

0224111353a.jpg

0224111353b.jpg

AK-48 bud.jpg

Hey Gixxer,
Glad to see you getting a journal going. Are you going to be flowering your auto under the same 400 as your other plants or kepping it in the veg area with 24 hours of light?

-SSF-

SensiStarFan said:
Hey Gixxer,
Glad to see you getting a journal going. Are you going to be flowering your auto under the same 400 as your other plants or kepping it in the veg area with 24 hours of light?

-SSF-

Really depends on maturation... If the auto matures fast enough to start flowering before I'm ready for the other ladies to switch, I'll put the auto under 24/0 hps until the others are ready, then back to veg... If she waits until close to flower time for the other 6, I'll throw some extra cfl's into the veg chamber and try my luck with blue spectrum... Not sure with an age switch that light spectrum will make much a difference in yield... Especially for a plant who gets their origins from the arctic circle (ruderalis (auto flower trait)). if all goes well, and the yield is descent enough so that gained time is enough to compensate in yield lost, I'll grow a full SOG of autos under 24/0 HPS! Either way, it's been almost an entire year since I tasted the glory of "home grown".... I'M VERY EXCITED ABOUT BEING BACK IN THE GARDEN GUYS.... Lots of fun to come I believe!

So I went to check on the ladies today, looking good! Got there first sets of single serrated leaves and starting to poke out their second set this afternoon... I can't wait til they get enough leaves to start verging like crazy! I've never nutes during vegetative growth so I'm interested to see how much a difference the "self feeding" soil I've used in the past has with the combination of ocean Forrest and grow big nutes! Wish me luck guys!

biggerbuds said:
happy growing man,i wish you all the best with it.

Gracias man! I think I spelled that right? Idk, I'm fried!:joint::eek: I got some more pictures tonight, but I'm too lazy to turn the PC on to upload them... Guess I'll do that in the morning! I got a few shots of the grow areas (vegatative and flowering). Nothing real interesting, their still just babies!

Okay, so not exactly the next morning... But afternoon will work! the first three are of the babies and vegging area, and the other two are the flowering tent of course! Look how cute my little girls are!:cool: I only have 3 sets of 100 watt CFL's on them right now... But will bump it up to four sets when they mature a bit (8 lights in 4 domes), maybe even five or six sets!... Just waiting to see how the ladies respond to what's presently there... They seem to be just trucking along for seedlings, from seed to sprout in three days and now just 6 days old (9 days from seed in breeder's pack)! The one in the bottom right corner of the second photo is the auto Il Diavolo... Seems to have a bit of a slow start... But I haven't been over today either! Sit and wait:watchplant:

0227111609.jpg

0227111609a.jpg

0227111610.jpg

0227111610a.jpg

0227111610b.jpg

hey Gixxer, have you always grown under cfl and this many cfls? Just wondering if its enough :D looks good tho mate!

MosesPMG said:
hey Gixxer, have you always grown under cfl and this many cfls? Just wondering if its enough :D looks good tho mate!

I have always grown under this many, but never with this many plants at the same time... I have a few more domes lying around, and bulbs... Just need some more socket splitters and I'll be good to go if this turns out looking like the ladies aren't vegging the way they should... Right now though they're taking off! I took the last pictures just yesterday and the leaves you can see there have doubled in size, and a second set of serrated leaves have come out probably a half inch or more today! The lights are but inches off of the plants, and when I have all eight lights on them it comes out to one and an eight light per plant... May amp it up to two per plant, each plant have their own dome with two lights in it, and place them side by side so that each plant's light covers the sides of the plants on either side of their designated lady friend!

Good luck with your grow Gixxerman420. Should remove the mylar under the plants- reflected light on the underside of leaves promotes stretch.

oo ok thats good mate. I like your design ideas :aok:

and :yeahthat:

BBFan said:
Good luck with your grow Gixxerman420. Should remove the mylar under the plants- reflected light on the underside of leaves promotes stretch.
I didn't think of that but I will do that... I've been thinking about using it as an outside wall for my veg area... Just to reflect some of that lost light back to the girls.

so the first picture here is of my white widow x big bud... Now I may just be crazy, but there's no new growth in the center of this plant! It shot out three sets of single blade serrated leaves and now seems to have halted vertical growth; doesn't even look like anything is trying to come out there! I know I should wait it out, but have any of you seen this before!? front and center in the second photo is my Il diavolo auto (seems a bit smaller than the other strains) who's growing quite slow despite being in the same conditions as the other plants, must be attributed to the auto flower trait. the third photo is just a shot of all of them.. And the fourth is an attempt at a side shot of the white widow x big bud which is in the very center of the garden in that shot. I hope the ww x bb is okay, I was really kind of excited about that one in particular; what with the promise of a larger than average yield and all. What do you guys think?

0303111818.jpg

0303111820.jpg

0303111820a.jpg

0303111820b.jpg

I would not trip, I got one that did that too! It is Trainwreck 5 out 5 poped but one just was fricken strange like yours, but as it has grown it even looked more strange. So I thought it has got to be a male out of the bunch, I don't know yet, way to early for that but it seems to be getting normal now and growing with very little internode space so I am pretty sure it is a female and was just a strange one!! we will see in a couple weeks or so.. I'll take a pic and show you. your pics look good should be a nice crop!!

try moving the lights up a bit to promote stretching :D

MosesPMG said:
try moving the lights up a bit to promote stretching :D
Not really looking to stretch... It seems there is no new growth at all, like it just grew up to a point and stopped! I hope it does okay, but I have six others so I'm not going to fret to much... It'll grow if it's going to I guess! Thanx for the input guys! I feel a little eased!:cool:

hmm I dont know why any plant would stop growing. only other thing I can think of is the pots they are in is too small and the roots have no where to grow? are you going to keep them in solo cups?

MosesPMG said:
hmm I dont know why any plant would stop growing. only other thing I can think of is the pots they are in is too small and the roots have no where to grow? are you going to keep them in solo cups?
No, they're only a week out of the ground, I am going to transplant in another week into three gallon pots... This particular plant is the only one out of seven doing this, it's almost likes it's been topped but no scarring or evidence of damage... It just stops! Three sets of single serrated leaves, and no evidence of branching except on the bottom node... If it only grows two branches, I'm going to veg her out and top her continuously until I have enough branches that I can get some good clones from her... I was really excited about this strain too! I tried a new style of germination and I'm thinking that either it came up prematurely, or maybe there was stress during germination that caused a genetic issue? IDK!!!:confused:

Latest posts

Back