A lot of Bubba Kush goin on!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Growing Bubba Kush or not?

• I'm growing Bubba Kush right now!

• I'm not growing Bubba Kush now, but I'm going to!

• Bubba's too couch lock for me. I have to move!

• I'm a piggy. I'm writing all this down. Snort, Snort, Oink!

Results are only viewable after voting.
S

StoneyBud

I've noticed lately that there are a bunch of Bubba Kush grows going.

Inside or out, if you're growing Bubba Kush right now, give us all a one-post description of your grow.

I'll start it off.

I'm in week 5, (1st week of flowering), of 4 test plants in my ebb and flow system.

4 Grow chambers, 1 plant each. I'm using GH Flora 3 part, just like the label says to do it. No additives. Hydroton/River Rock mix 50/50.

Hydro set to flood 1 hour on, two hours off, 24/7

Plants are at 20 inches. No flowers showing at 4 days into 12/12.

Two 400 watt HPS in a 3.5 x 5.5 ft area.

There you go, short and simple. Lets see what kind of mix we get going on here.

Btw, the poll doesn't show anyones member name on the results and will allow multiple choice. Lets keep the yes and no answers real, but vote on any line you want, too.....hehe

EDIT: Added the pics!

1-Tubs1-2_Week5.JPG

2-Tubs3-4_Week5.JPG

ok ill try stoney do we post pics? i didnt see any from ya

& bubba Kush also in 5th week.. in own soil mix..ouside now to sex..I use fox farm nutes and teas. and lots of Mollasses :p .i will bring one female in for cloneing in september /oct and grow rooms are..

veg..3.5 x 6 w/1000 MH

flower 6.5 x 4.5 w/2000HPS

I hope i got it all..and yes they is a lot of Bubba growing on:cool:

Got Bubba outside

Got Bubba inside in veg cab right now. then place in DWC under a 600 hps with GH 3 part, no additives.This will be my Third indoor grow of Bubba.

Running 4 trays of Bubba.

4x4 flood trays, with a drip to res feed system usuing shreaded rockwool as a medium.

In week 2 of 12/12. 130 cuts cooking as we speak, with 3 beautiful moms under 18/6

Stoney...first question...I know needs to be yes or no..

do you have 2 plnts in each tote?

4u2sm0ke said:
Stoney...first question...I know needs to be yes or no..
do you have 2 plants in each tote?

Nope. One plant in each. They're filling out nicely.

This grow is a test of this strain in my grow area using various methods. I'm tracking growth, nutes, water usage, topping and light distance.

As I see how the plant grows in my test environment, I'll know how I'll grow the second crop.

I've found Bubba Kush to be extremely tolerant of nute strength and light heat. On my next veg, I intend to push the envelope on Nitrogen in an attempt to speed up the slow growth this strain seems to have in it's 2nd, 3rd and 4th weeks of vegetative growth.

The topping has worked well also. I've done two toppings on the plant furthest from the camera in the first pic. It's responded very well and I think in future crops, I'll use 3 or maybe even 4 toppings of each top growth and veg perhaps 6 to 8 weeks.

Hell of a "yes or no" answer huh?

Damn nice Stoney! What a cool set up! I know u have explained it a few times, but a picture is worth a thousand words!

Your ladies look great man, awesome canopy management! And yes, as u have pointed out, Bubba can handle high ppms fairly easy.

Isn't she just a beautiful plant? Your gonna be so happy with the finished!
Best of luck, like u need it!

I got a 6 month ~6 foot tall Bubba mother. She is sweet, and chem smelly (good thing).

Flood and Drain, 1000w HPS, CO2, GH, the works.

You can see it in Grow Journals right now!

Monster plant

NorCalHal said:
btw...if you are looking for Bubba, I would HIGHLY suggest these beans.
If you cannot get the original cut, these would be the way to go fo sure!

hXXp://www.thcfarmer.com/forums/classifieds/viewad-6260.html

change XX to TT

hey hal is the original cut in any clubs or collectives around the bay right now? how many runs have ya done with the bubba now?, and does it get danker every time hehe?

My outside ones I pumped them hard with nitrogen in order to get them to snap out of flower after placing outside. They went in to flower as soon as I put them outside, would not reveg without the increase in nitrogen. The increase in daylight hours just did not do it. I have found that just a couple of topping/pinching yield more/dense buds then numerous topping/pinching.

100_1454.JPG

100_1455.JPG

100_1458.JPG

100_1459.JPG

NorCalHal said:

change XX to TT

Man NorCalHal you are killing me....I am already in the doghouse from my wife finding out just how much money I spent at seed bay (she found the MO receipt) Now you post up that link and I am thinking I need to place an order for some of those beans.....uggh...divorce court here I come...:D

Good luck on speeding up those afghan genetics. Almost impossible without crossing with sativa.

You are missing an option on the poll: "I have grown bubba kush and decided to go with something that actually yields."

Throw some purple maxx on them and they frost/purple up nicely. I strongly recommend using a product called "Gravity" within the final 14 days. It's all about the internal bud density on these type of strains.

Hey, Gee, you using these products now? I have seen them at my locals but didn't want to put up the dough for such little bottles. BK is some of the densest buds I've done to date. This stuff makes them denser??? Dang! I wouldn't have thought they could.

Hal, if I remember right you grow the pre '98 yeah? I have no idea what my club cut is (pre? something else?). I know it's dank as can be. I screwed up this last one though and had to chop @ three weeks due to massive amounts of balls. I was doing some work in my room after lights out and, frankly, was a little shocked at how easily she turned. Major bummer. I love her to death and have, til now, found her very tolerant. I am wondering now if I got a bunk cut?? Cut came from Good Karma in Lake Co. I am wondering if she may have come from hermie induce S1 stock or some other stupid crap.

Stoney, looks great bro!

NorCalHal said:

change XX to TT

I have used all those profucts from the company, Humboldt's something or other.

Snowstorm is a good resin booster, stay away from the Bushmaster, as it stops all vertical growth and stresses your plants out.

...Gravity gave me 5+ of of 4 600's. 8 week East Coast Sour. Finished.

I grew a BK outdoor plant last year that I swore was hemp for the longest time. Biggest fan leaves I have ever seen. It did not however, respond well to topping. It likes the whole afghan/kush (same ting) christmas tree like growth structure.

Indoors this plant can produce well if trained to grow flat, parallel with the floor, allowing maximum side branch light exposure.

Other than that, I can get twice as much yields off cinderella 99.

...But we all know that some of us are not specifically in this for the quantity.

I'll be watching this one closely Stoney. Don't let me down.

The Effen Gee said:
I'll be watching this one closely Stoney. Don't let me down.
This really wasn't intended to be a Journal, Effen. After the crop is completed, I'll post a report though.

Of all the weed I've grown, I have to say that Bubba Kush is the most interesting in growth characteristics. Rooted like a champ.

Grew laterally like crazy the first two weeks with moderate vertical growth and then only grew 4 inches a week until now. I average an inch a day or better for other strains.

Like you said, the leaves on this puppy are HUGE. Freakin tablecloths. I think I'll string one up in the front yard as a sun shade for the car....hehe

It's also got fantastic thick stems and nice short internodal spacing.

I told a good friend out west that I wanted a kickbutt down in the dirt, throw you on the couch, Indica and he sent me 6 clones of Bubba Kush.

Two are doing well as future host plants and four are the ones in the tubs.

If the smoke from this is as strong and couch lock as I hear, I'm going to love this one. I love a smoke that just takes over your body and mind.

StoneyBud said:
Nope. One plant in each. They're filling out nicely.

This grow is a test of this strain in my grow area using various methods. I'm tracking growth, nutes, water usage, topping and light distance.

As I see how the plant grows in my test environment, I'll know how I'll grow the second crop.

I've found Bubba Kush to be extremely tolerant of nute strength and light heat. On my next veg, I intend to push the envelope on Nitrogen in an attempt to speed up the slow growth this strain seems to have in it's 2nd, 3rd and 4th weeks of vegetative growth.

The topping has worked well also. I've done two toppings on the plant furthest from the camera in the first pic. It's responded very well and I think in future crops, I'll use 3 or maybe even 4 toppings of each top growth and veg perhaps 6 to 8 weeks.

Hell of a "yes or no" answer huh?

:yes: and i was so good at only asking one Y/N question...Im tryn to fallow rules:giggle:

Thanks stoney....I was wondering why My 7 Bubbas have slowed growth...im in week 6 of veg now waiting for sex to show..and the Leafs are all ready HUGE...they are at 12 inches tall now...No ics on account the have not shown and we all Know what young plants look like...Ill keep ya psoted in here as the progress..Im sure Ill be gathering tips and tricks along the way...thatnks for this thread...This is good...yeah this is very good:bong:

Latest posts

Back