A lot of Bubba Kush goin on!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Growing Bubba Kush or not?

• I'm growing Bubba Kush right now!

• I'm not growing Bubba Kush now, but I'm going to!

• Bubba's too couch lock for me. I have to move!

• I'm a piggy. I'm writing all this down. Snort, Snort, Oink!

Results are only viewable after voting.
nvthis said:
Wow, 5g for a cut? That is serious elite. No wonder folk don't like to share.:rolleyes:
for 5g's I'd share my aszs off! i heard of big bud going for something ridiculous in the cannibible.

I use Big bud for first week of all flowering. 135$ for a small cup is insane

420 Murder Ln Garberville said:
Hick said:
$$$$$$$$... 1,000-1,500 ... for a cutting??? How can a man look at himself in the mirror after??[/QUOTE
If you want the "real deal" that isn't goin on at the club, you have to pay top$$$. Mind you, this isn't exactly for Joe Blow smoker, but for cash croppers that understand and appreciate the dynamic of being "all over" everyone else's stuff. Average just doesn't do it out there these days! You have to seperate from the pack and come with superior genetics, or a supreme grow to get the attention or praise that reflects your hard work, dilligence, and attention to detail of a particular strain. To this point, 1000-1500 is a small price to pay for something that pretty much, nobody but the breeder that you bought from has!

unadulterated filthy GREED.... makes anyone look ugly..;) I am proud to say that I have freely given dozens of those very $1000 cuts away. And I hope, encourage those that have received them do the same. In fact, if I ever hear that any one of them, have so much as charged 'anything' for a cutting, I will remove them from my christmas card list.. :p
I hope it becomes so common that those charging more than $10 for a cutting, can't "give" them away... :)

I wish that was the case Hick.
Personally, I have never charged more then 10 a clone, more like 6-8. Most of the time, I just gift them to a friend, who hooks me back up when I am in need.
I am the exception.

Elite cuts are harder to find then you could even imagine. Look at all the new "seed companies" that are making mad loot inbreeding the same strains.
Chemdawg/OK Kush (family, tahoe,fire,larry,sfv,chem 4, 91' chem) The white,Erkle, GDP.
These starins are seriously some of the best in the world. There is not one seed company from the 'Dam that offers anything like the freak phenos, elite cuts we are fortunate enough to have floating around our state.

Believe when greenfriend gets his ball rollin' there will be lots of cuts of the real pre-98 floating in Oaktown.

It is getting worse for sure. As Garber stated, it IS all about having what the other 1000 cats do not have. myself, I aint worried, cause I can grow it better then them anyway.

I myself would pay $1000 for 1 clone of the REAL Chem 4, but even at that price, I still have no takers.

Hick said:
$$$$$$$$... 1,000-1,500 ... for a cutting??? How can a man look at himself in the mirror after??
If you want the "real deal" that isn't goin on at the club, you have to pay top$$$. Mind you, this isn't exactly for Joe Blow smoker, but for cash croppers that understand and appreciate the dynamic of being "all over" everyone else's stuff. Average just doesn't do it out there these days! You have to separate from the pack and come with superior genetics, or a supreme grow to get the attention or praise that reflects your hard work, diligence, and attention to detail of a particular strain. To this point, 1000-1500 is a small price to pay for something that pretty much, nobody but the breeder that you bought from has!
Sorry man, that's a fabricated excuse to over charge for a commodity. The price is KEPT high by the money hungry rip off artists.

Sure, I love having Bubba Kush to grow, but I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole if I had to pay more than reasonable cost of $25 per/clone. I got mine for free from a friend, so I'll stay with seed banks that also charge a reasonable charge for their seeds. Or, I'll wait until a friend can spare some seeds for me.

I will NOT become part of the rip off cycle of MJ used car salesmen who talk up their thievery in the hopes that someone, ANYONE will give them the asinine price they're trying to GOUGE people for.

Give me a break. As my friend did with me, I'll also do with my friends. As soon as my host plants are large enough, and I have my next crop of cuttings, I'll GIVE cuttings of Bubba Kush to any of my growing friends that want any.

Sure, if someone is rich and desperate for a cutting of a certain type of weed and can't get it any other way but to buy it from one on these sleaze ball rip off artists, then I guess that's what being rich is all about.

I mean, get real. In one 10' x 10' area, I can grow enough Bubba Kush to create 200 clones a day, 365 days a year. For someone to tell me that that one room is worth, somehow, 200 thousand dollars a day is STUPID.

Like Hick said, it's PURE GREED. Nothing else. No excuses. GREED.

Ok, I'm going to take a toke and cool back off................

Now that we all got our opinions aired about clone sales, lets get back to the GROWING of Bubba Kush.

I'm now on day 9 of flowering and I've got the start of flowers! Yeahhhhhhh!

The first thing Bubba did upon 12/12 lighting was STRETCH about 6 inches. WOW! The top-most nodes are a little stretched, but not too bad. I guess this is another characteristic of the strain.

I'm enjoying this one. It's an unusual strain in it's growth. I like that!

Thanks for redirecting Stoney...was wondering who paid $1000 for Bubba Kush..mine was free...as for my Bubba no sign of sex yet...will keep ya posted:ciao:

My take on the high dollar clones..
I totally agree, charging over $15 bucks a clone is str8 crap. When the clubs first started, clones went for 7 bucks, and the Vendor got 5.
Now, the Vendor gets 6, and the clubs charge a minimum of 12. ***?

Finished herb competition. That is what the high price of clones are all about.
There are only a few strains that demand high dollar. High dollar meaning $4000/lb or more. The cats that have the real just don't want any competition
. I know it is sad, but that is what I see.
Another take was this, I went to a club a few days ago, and they had some mediocre Chem 4. I asked, whats up with some cuts of the Chem 4, the Club owner told me no way, because folks get it and do not know what they are doing and it ruins the "market" for that particular strain.

Greed on all ends.

I myself don't trip, though I used to, but that was before MMJ was even a thought. I then realized, I could give my strain to anyone, and noone could come close to my quality. I found it more a challenge then a loss.

Back to Stoneys Grow.

Nice on seein' the flowers starting Stoney!
Bubba is my fav strain to grow man. I am excited for you!

The very tops do stretch away from the plant a bit, but not to worry, she will fill out.

She is LOVIN' that GH I bet!

NorCalHal said:
Back to Stoneys Grow.

Nice on seein' the flowers starting Stoney!
Bubba is my fav strain to grow man. I am excited for you!

The very tops do stretch away from the plant a bit, but not to worry, she will fill out.

She is LOVIN' that GH I bet!

You got that right! This plant seems indestructible! I let the lights get within 8 inches of the tops and STILL no reaction from the plant. I'll keep them at 12 inches just to be safe.

I've stepped the GH nutes into the Flowering mix by adding 2 gallons of the Flowering mix per/day to the 16 gallon reservoir. The total transformation into the flowering mix was complete yesterday. The entire 16 gallons is now Flowering mix.

I did increase the amount of "Grow" into the mix.

I'm using per/gallon:

Green "Grow" = 10ml
Brown "Micro" = 10ml
Orange "Bloom" = 15ml

I think that based on this strains growth characteristics, the extra Nitrogen will enable it to size up a bit more than it would without the extra Nitrogen. The flowers are (based on others statements), right on time, so I think it's going well so far.

Here's the plant heights now, at Day 40, and day 9 of flowering:

Tub 1 = 24"
Tub 2 = 28"
Tub 3 = 26"
Tub 4 = 26"

The ladies are loving life... :D

How's the rest of the Bubba Grows in this thread doing? Updates?

Man, it is so hard for me to tell anyone what I feed, not because I don't want to tell them, I just look at the plants each week and make a call.

I usually use 70 gal resevoirs and fill to about 55 gals. I'm an okie, so I still go by cups. So, say on week 3, with flowers starting to show, height about 30" or so and in great health, I would hit them at 2 cups Brown, .5 cup green, 2.5 cups red. I couldn't tell you if it is even close to what GH recomends, but that is just an example. Mind you, I would be bumping up the recipe from the previous week, and where it is at now, I prob wouldn't go hotter, well maybe...
So you can see, I pull way baack on the green during bloom, so it will be cool to see how she reacts with a little more grow.

I will have to take some pics soon of the Bubba going right now. It is exactaly Day 13 of 12/12 so I will get them up soon.

Hick said:
unadulterated filthy GREED.... makes anyone look ugly..;) I am proud to say that I have freely given dozens of those very $1000 cuts away. And I hope, encourage those that have received them do the same. In fact, if I ever hear that any one of them, have so much as charged 'anything' for a cutting, I will remove them from my christmas card list.. :p
I hope it becomes so common that those charging more than $10 for a cutting, can't "give" them away... :)
That's nice of you, but it doesn't "work" for everyone. Could you give an example? It's probably not something that you've bred or had to travel, and acquaint yourself with a friend of a friend etc. I'm guessing. SORRY 4 THE U-TURN FOLKS

OGKushman said:
I use Big bud for first week of all flowering. 135$ for a small cup is insane
No, OG...I mean that if you look at "The Cannabible" by Jason King, on page 35 it explains how the Original BIG BUD strain from the Pacific Northwest (props Benny) cost growers $10000 for A SINGLE CLONE, "which is totally worth it considering it will produce plants over twice as weighty as most of it's competitors". Granted, this book was first printed in 2001....there has been so many new varieties to come along in that time that this strain is mostly passe' given all the new flavors and colors, etc. Also, I doubt that anyone would pay that much these days but who knows!

it certainly isn't for everyone to pay that much...that i agree with. But when others are blowing on cat piss or green crack and I bring that White Russian out...it' a wrap. There is a big difference between good weed and excellent weed...there just is. And like Hal said...and he backs it up time after time....you have to factor in the experience and skill of the grower when putting out the same strain as others. If you are better than the next guy...it shows. If that $1000 investment is feasible...do it. If not, go to the club and get what 75% to 90% of your area "growers" have. Eventually, the elite stuff will trickle down to the clubs...

NorCalHal said:
Chemdawg/OK Kush (family, tahoe,fire,larry,sfv,chem 4, 91' chem) The white,Erkle, GDP.

Believe when greenfriend gets his ball rollin' there will be lots of cuts of the real pre-98 floating in Oaktown.
quote]

sup Hal, the opening of a new clone shop in Oakland (Greenfriend Nursery)might be closer than many think. Aiming to open in September:D .

and you can be sure that $12-15 for a single clone will no longer be the Bay Area standard, lets the price wars commence! In any case, to compete with Blue Sky and Harborside we will attempt to carry a wider selection of really bomb elite strains at very competitive prices

I dunno what the hell you are talking about GF, but count me in!!!:D

nvthis said:
I dunno what the hell you are talking about GF, but count me in!!!:D

its okay nv, no one knows about it cept me, 3 business partners, and a fellow MPer. I was sick of seeing $12-20 clones round the bay. some good stuff to be sure, but not enough elites and $20 a clone? ***

so....I rented office space across from Oaksterdam University, organized as a LLC, and next month im opening a retail clone store called "Greenfriend Nursery". no bud or anything, just clones. Richard Lee can go shove his $20 deep chunk strawberry cough clones you know where! hehe

hoping we will be able to carry that pre98 bubba, as it seems like just about everyone here loves it

NorCalHal said:
Man, it is so hard for me to tell anyone what I feed, not because I don't want to tell them, I just look at the plants each week and make a call.

I usually use 70 gal resevoirs and fill to about 55 gals. I'm an okie, so I still go by cups. So, say on week 3, with flowers starting to show, height about 30" or so and in great health, I would hit them at 2 cups Brown, .5 cup green, 2.5 cups red. I couldn't tell you if it is even close to what GH recomends, but that is just an example.

Here's the breakdown of the numbers:

US........Canadian.....Australian
1/4 tsp.....1 mL............1 ml
1/2 tsp.....2 mL............2 ml
1 tsp........5 mL............5 ml
1 Tbl.......15 mL..........20 ml
1/4 cup....50 mL..........60 ml
1/3 cup....75 mL..........80 ml
1/2 cup...125 mL........125 ml
2/3 cup....150 mL........170 ml
3/4 cup....175 mL........190 ml
1 cup.......250 mL........250 ml
1 quart......1 liter..........1 litre

55 gals. @ 2 cups Brown, .5 cup green, 2.5 cups red

2.0 cups = 500ml per/55 gal = 09.10ml of Micro per/gallon
0.5 cups = 125ml per/55 gal = 02.27ml of Grow per/gallon
2.5 cups = 625ml per/55 gal = 11.36ml of Bloom per/gallon

For flowering, GH recommends 10ml Micro per/gallon, 5ml Grow per/gallon and 15ml Bloom per/gallon.

So, by comparing the two sets, you're using almost the same amount of Micro, half the Grow and slightly less of the Bloom per/gallon that GH recommends.

:confused2: what is the difference between a Canadian milliliter and an Australian milliliter. and why is 1 cup the same in both? but not 3/4 cup?

pic update: 3 Plants of Bubba/Kush

100_1462.JPG

100_1461.JPG

pcduck said:
:confused2: what is the difference between a Canadian milliliter and an Australian milliliter. and why is 1 cup the same in both? but not 3/4 cup?
Man, I just did an hour of reading on the metric systems used in Canada and Australia. I found reference to the difference in many places, but no explanations as to why the difference.

I'm going to find out.

Someone, somewhere has put that information on the Internet in some form. I'll find it.

hehe, I'll post the explanation when I finally figure it out.

Latest posts

Back