A lot of Bubba Kush goin on!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Growing Bubba Kush or not?

• I'm growing Bubba Kush right now!

• I'm not growing Bubba Kush now, but I'm going to!

• Bubba's too couch lock for me. I have to move!

• I'm a piggy. I'm writing all this down. Snort, Snort, Oink!

Results are only viewable after voting.
9/15/2009

End of Week 10 of grow.

Day 70 of Grow.

Day 39 of flowering.

Here's some pics I took this morning...they speak for themselves...

MVC-014S.JPG

MVC-015S.JPG

MVC-016S.JPG

Great Journel Stoney...love the grow.

Looks like they are filling out nicely! I take it you will be running the Bubba again?

Thanks Hal. :D

The buds are filling out great! :holysheep:

Only 39 days of 56... :shocked:

These puppies are gonna be HUGE! :hubba:

My Host plants are coming along. Each of the two have 8 tops now.

After harvesting this crop, I'll be tearing down the entire growroom to convert it to a tray system for the 64 cola only LED grow.

That one will be Bubba Kush also!

If it works like I expect, then the crop after that one will be the two layer 128 cola only grow.

I'm aiming at the 9 grams per/watt.

I can't wait to see that grow man, not so much for the LED part, but to see how it looks with "the lollipop" method when running the Bubba.

Don't get me wrong...I am looking forward to the LED part also, as this could be a new way of doing things....

On your next grow, is it going to be 64 flowered out small? What size were you thinking about when to "flip" them?

Of all the strains I have grown out, that darn Bubba gets me everytime...true Dank.

NorCalHal said:
I can't wait to see that grow man, not so much for the LED part, but to see how it looks with "the lollipop" method when running the Bubba.

Don't get me wrong...I am looking forward to the LED part also, as this could be a new way of doing things....

On your next grow, is it going to be 64 flowered out small? What size were you thinking about when to "flip" them?

Of all the strains I have grown out, that darn Bubba gets me every time...true Dank.
I just posted a very detailed account of my intentions on that grow in the thread:

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showpost.php?p=540558&postcount=81

So far, the BK has impressed me. One fine smelling strain! It makes one of my cats crazy tho'. He goes to the grow room door and tries to "bury" just outside the door....Hahhaahahahahaa, I don't think he's complimenting me on the odor.

Timberrrrrrrrrr!

Man, I just went into the grow room and did a double-take. The plants were all two feet shorter!

It was a domino effect of falling, resin heavy colas. None broke. I lifted some and tied them up and was able to cross lean the rest back into upright stems.

hehe, managed to get my forearms covered in resin. Man it smells good in there!

About another ten days and I'll start checking the trichs for color.

I wanna say "don't ya just hate that?", but no one actually does. They look lovely, can't wait to see you lolli the crap out of those bubbas.

Thanks folks! They are looking fantastic! The buds are solid, dense masses of resin filled Trichomes.

The smell is an almost citrus/mint/musk scent that just makes my mouth water with anticipation.

I can hardly wait until I do the LED, center cola, untopped grow as a straight 12/12 grow from mature clones.

So far, my new Host Plants have 10 tops each. That's 20 of 64 needed. I just topped them again, so the next level will be 20 tops each.

Dang it Stoney...I should have mentioned that if they get over a couple of feet tall, they do tend to fall with heavy bud weight.
I bet you were sticky as all get out when you proped them back up!

NorCalHal said:
Dang it Stoney...I should have mentioned that if they get over a couple of feet tall, they do tend to fall with heavy bud weight.
I bet you were sticky as all get out when you proped them back up!
You did, in your post of 9/10/09..."You may find yourself propping up a few of the branches, as they will get heavy when grown properly..."

Because of the config of my grow area, I couldn't reach the back any longer. So I just propped them up as best I could. I've noticed that the smaller second level buds on the side branches are now filling out much better with the tops leaned over. Hurt me, hurt me....hehehe

woo-hooo stoney. ya sound like a kid in a candy store man.:D ...

don't know if you've seen my thread of getting ripped on our OD grow last week? well , i thought it best to break all down in a moment of paranoia, nerves, whatever. at the time, it seemed the best option to do. now i wish i could have moved it all. wishful thinking now.:eek: all is figured out now, so it's game on again...:) ...

only this time, and from here on out, indoors.;) ...

and what a better way to shake it off than to kick it off with some BK.:hubba: ...

put down 6 BK that was gifted to me from a friend. (nice to have friends). they are seed form, in promix, added perlite, and worm castings.

more good news is i may get some cuts from my stuff that was jacked, back in the mix, that i gave cuts to friends. plans now are to find a mother of the BK, and clone, clone, clone...

good luck on your upcoming harvest stoney. NCH. nvthis.:D :cool: ...

your bud Irish...

Tomorrow will be the end of Week 13, day 91 of the grow, day 60 of flowering.

I just checked the Trichomes and I have almost reached the 50% cloudy/50% Amber that I'm looking for. Another day or two at the most.

I'm going to check about 5 different colas later and see if they are all in the same coloring stage.

So close.....so close.....

It's almost trimming time!

nvthis said:
Ah, ya lucky dog! What can beat a room full of ripe BK?
This is my very first crop of BK, and it's been an interesting grow. The growth characteristics of the strain are unusual in regard to it's comparison to the strains I've grown in the past. It's side branching is unique. With no topping or LST, the side branches all grow up to about two thirds of the height of the main cola. The smell of the BK is also very interesting to me. It's got the same rich, deep resinous smell that most indicas have, but that is combined with an almost minty smell that gives it a menthol finish. I seriously can't wait to smoke it.

On that note, I checked several locations on the grow and most of the trichs are still clear to cloudy. A few ambers are mixed in, but not enough.

NCH was saying that his usually has a 56 day flowering to harvest. At 60, this is still got a ways to go unless it flips to amber quickly.

I'll be checking it every day. The buds are so dense that they look like you could hammer a nail with one.

The next grow of BK with only center colas is going to be quite a cool test of the strain and the method used. I want this one to hurry the hell up and get out of my work space! hehe ;) :rolleyes:

StoneyBud said:
I want this one to hurry the hell up and get out of my work space! hehe ;) :rolleyes:

lol, ain't that always the way though?

As for NCH: Sounds like you are going for something a little different than he is. I think he harvests more towards cloudy and the absolute peak of potency, and you know he is extremely consistant. You, on the other hand, are looking to explore BK's more indica like qualities, so all bets are off. Gonna have to stay as long as it has to;)

Oh, and you think it smells good now? Hehe, just wait til you get a nose full of a two month cure bro. It'll make yer toes curl:hubba:

Can't wait to flip mine man. I gotta let my landlord come through and blow of the roof (something he insists must be done by himself..:confused2:) before I can cut them loose. About two weeks or so to go and these six beauties will find there way into my flower room..

They'll be rockin' Subcools SS and should make for an interesting grow. No journal for this one, though.

So Stoney, what's up with your camera, man??? You gonna drop us some more pics, or what?:D

2009_1005Oct50001.JPG

nvthis said:
lol, ain't that always the way though?

As for NCH: Sounds like you are going for something a little different than he is. I think he harvests more towards cloudy and the absolute peak of potency, and you know he is extremely consistent. You, on the other hand, are looking to explore BK's more indica like qualities, so all bets are off. Gonna have to stay as long as it has to;)

Oh, and you think it smells good now? Hehe, just wait til you get a nose full of a two month cure bro. It'll make yer toes curl:hubba:

Can't wait to flip mine man. I gotta let my landlord come through and blow of the roof (something he insists must be done by himself..:confused2:) before I can cut them loose. About two weeks or so to go and these six beauties will find there way into my flower room..

They'll be rockin' Subcools SS and should make for an interesting grow. No journal for this one, though.

So Stoney, what's up with your camera, man??? You gonna drop us some more pics, or what?:D
You're absolutely correct in saying that I'm wanting the full body slam that only a pure Indica taken to it's most body numbing limits can perform. With Indicas, I wait until I can see a FULL half of the trichs in golden splendor.

I found it interesting that the BK has radical growth differences in each stage of growth. During full vegging, they used 3 gallons of water a day. Then, on the 33rd day of flowering, they used only 2 gallons a day. Then, at 55, it was about 1 and three quarters of a gallon per/day.

Every other grow I've done in this room has used a very consistent amount of water throughout the life of the crop. It ramps to full vegging and stays there until harvest. The BK adjusted it's uptake in very radical amounts and in very sudden stages with only one day to the new level.

The level of odor was pretty radical also. At about the same time as the first decrease in water consumption, the odor level dropped to about a third of what it had been during the first part of the flowering period. I thought my nose was broken. hehe

I came home one day and *didn't* smell the crop. I freaked. I went running into the grow room and everything looked normal, just much less smell. It's still that way.

When I touch a bud, even lightly, I pick up enough oil to really make my hand smell really, really good, but without touching the plant, the odor is down by at least 70% from the first part of flowering. Very weird.

My weed really never quits curing until it's all gone. I open all my curing bags for their weekly airing, forever. I agree with you that the best flavor and smoke-ability comes after a minimum of two months cure.

I step my cure in very precise amounts until the second month has gone by. After 2 months, I only do a weekly airing for 4 hours in a dark room.

It'll be interesting to see when I get to harvest this one. :D

Hey Stoney, your a pretty observant guy there;) Nice info man. Where on the plant do you judge your 50%?

Man, I'm jealous as all hell right now. What do you intend to do with all your trim? I have some in my freezer and by this next run should have enough to get a bit of bubble from her. I could. Or I could wait it out and get even another run in and make it really worth the effort:hubba:

Ok, seriously man, hook us with some visuals, yeah?:D

nvthis said:
Hey Stoney, your a pretty observant guy there;) Nice info man. Where on the plant do you judge your 50%?

Man, I'm jealous as all hell right now. What do you intend to do with all your trim? I have some in my freezer and by this next run should have enough to get a bit of bubble from her. I could. Or I could wait it out and get even another run in and make it really worth the effort:hubba:

Ok, seriously man, hook us with some visuals, yeah?:D
Ha! The crop looks like crap right now. Almost all the buds are either propped against the wall or tied up with string. After the harvest, I'll take some pics of the bud! I'll take one or two before trimming.

Yeah man, I'm a database guy. I track everything I do. It makes it so easy to look back and see trends. Especially with MJ crops.

I just fed the reservoir this morning and it took even less. It's down to about 1.5 gallons per/day now. The plant is getting ready to naturally off itself. hehe, that's a great thing!

On another note, the new host plants are looking very good. They got a slight burn on them when I upped the nutrient load to full strength GH, but that's past now and their growth has multiplied. I'm up to about 15 tops per/plant. About two more complete toppings and it'll be up to the 64 cuttings I need for my first LED grow.

I have a new set of one gallon bubble bags to try out on the trim. With about a pound of cured weed coming from this crop, it'll be interesting to start a new spreadsheet on wet trim weight to hash weight.

Sorry about no pics right now. The place looks like a disaster area. Bigass Buds hangin all over, leaning like drunks on the back wall of a bar.

My B.D. is on 10/12, so it'll be cool if that's my harvest day! Talk about the perfect present!

I take a small, quarter inch leaf from 3 places on the top of the crop and 2 from the middle height. I kind of weigh what I'm going to do by their average. Right now, it's at about an average of 30% clear, 65% cloudy and 5% amber. It won't be too much longer!

Latest posts

Back