A lot of Bubba Kush goin on!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Growing Bubba Kush or not?

• I'm growing Bubba Kush right now!

• I'm not growing Bubba Kush now, but I'm going to!

• Bubba's too couch lock for me. I have to move!

• I'm a piggy. I'm writing all this down. Snort, Snort, Oink!

Results are only viewable after voting.
4u2sm0ke said:
:yes: and i was so good at only asking one Y/N question...Im tryn to fallow rules:giggle:

Thanks stoney....I was wondering why My 7 Bubbas have slowed growth...im in week 6 of veg now waiting for sex to show..and the Leafs are all ready HUGE...they are at 12 inches tall now...No ics on account the have not shown and we all Know what young plants look like...Ill keep ya psoted in here as the progress..Im sure Ill be gathering tips and tricks along the way...thatnks for this thread...This is good...yeah this is very good:bong:
The ones I have in soil are *tiny* compared to the hydro ones. I put them both in on the same day. The soil ones are 8 inches tall and the hydro ones are 22 inches tall.

I think Bubba Kush likes hydro...

Greenfriend, I have not seen any Bubba Cuts at the clubs yet, tho I have heard of it around. I am not sure if it is the real pre-98 or not, so hard to say from looking at a cut.
Long story short, my Friends and I paid $1000 for an original cut of the Bubba from a Club owwner in Santa Cruz. We used to go to the club in Santa Cuz just to get the finished herb. I know it sounds like alot, but it was well worth it, and low and behold, it is the real cut.

I do believe that Stoney has it too just from looking at the pics. The structure Stoney has mentioned, slow veg and HUGE fan leaves.
When the plant is finished and the herb dried, the bud will have a silvery/blue tint to it, and that is how you can really tell if it is the Pre-98.
I have been running Pre-98 for about 2 years now.
Never had a nanner or anything of the sort with her, very strong genetic fo sure.

As Stoney mentioned, growing Bubba in soil will be a LONG Veg as compared to hydro. I have a good friend who grows Bubba in Soil and it takes him 3-4 weeks longer to veg to a good height as compared to hydro.

I do think that the beans offered by Cali Connection are worth it tho..but I hate fem beans myself.

Haha Hamster! Bubba gonna put u in the doghouse! Well worth it tho!

Stoney...you started a Bubba frenzy!

NorCalHal said:
I do believe that Stoney has it too just from looking at the pics. When the plant is finished and the herb dried, the bud will have a silvery/blue tint to it, and that is how you can really tell if it is the Pre-98.

Stoney...you started a Bubba frenzy!

I'm told from my source that he received cuts from a 1500 dollar cut of the Pre98 strain from a grower in Cali. He in turn, passed the strain to me.

I've had mine in 12/12 for 6 days and see no sign of flowers yet. They have done a small stretch since entering 12/12, but not enough to matter.

In hydro, when does Bubba Kush start showing flowers after 12/12 is initiated?

I read a lot of weed sites and I've noticed that Bubba Kush is about the most talked about strain right now. It's evidently impressing a lot of folks.

I'll watch for the silvery/blue tint after drying this crop. That sounds nice.

StoneyBud said:
I'm told from my source that he received cuts from a 1500 dollar cut of the Pre98 strain from a grower in Cali. He in turn, passed the strain to me.

I've had mine in 12/12 for 6 days and see no sign of flowers yet. They have done a small stretch since entering 12/12, but not enough to matter.

In hydro, when does Bubba Kush start showing flowers after 12/12 is initiated?

I read a lot of weed sites and I've noticed that Bubba Kush is about the most talked about strain right now. It's evidently impressing a lot of folks.

I'll watch for the silvery/blue tint after drying this crop. That sounds nice.

It won't show until around the beginning of week 2, then it will put it on.

It is sad to say, but real verified cuts go for top $$, and like u said Stoney, it seems to have really took off in popularity for whatever reason. Well, it is super dank, thats for sure.

I let my bubba go 65 days. I was planning on pushing it out past 70 this round. I have read about folk letting it go to 77 and being real happy with it. Gotta love a good couch. I know a lot of folk won't let her get that old at all.

I love your description of it being "blue". It's got a great silvery hue that contrasts beautifully with the red hairs.

Yeah, no sneaky 'nanners', in the technical sense, but straight up grapes in bunches. Weird. I have ran it already and it came out perfect. Not as pretty as yours though Hal, but kinda close.

Anyone care to put some words to her smell?:D I have difficulty doing it myself. My friends say they can smell the coffee. I am no coffee drinker and maybe that's why I don't get that from it. The description of 'chemical' is closer for me. The only thing that comes to mind for me is something like 'medicine', in a most clinical sense.

nvthis said:
Anyone care to put some words to her smell?:D
It's odd that you would say that right now. I just went in to check the plants and noticed that they are starting to smell really loud. I couldn't place the odor at first, but after a few snorts, I recognized it. Mint! A very delicate mint smell like someone opening a box of mint candy from 20 feet away.

On top of that, it has a very green smell that I relate to freshly cut lawn.

Very nice!

This is just the vegging smell. I can't wait to smell the flowers.

Thanks for the info on flowering time, Hal. I should start seeing some flowering some time next week.

I was planning on doing a full Christmas bubba run next shot but I really got spooked from having to chop her so early. But once I was over being sick to my stomach about it:rolleyes: and able to rationalize that it was indeed operative error I am so gonna make it right. Coming (soon) a full run of bk in Sub's supersoil.. Experiment #1.;) This will be the soil test run for the deep chunk beans we just cracked.

Dang you guys, I so can't wait to run bubba in hydro someday...

nvthis said:
This will be the soil test run for the deep chunk beans we just cracked.

From:HxxP://www.druglibrary.org/Strainguide/Tom_Hill_seeds/Deep_Chunk/index.html

Breeder's Description - Deep Chunk

This one is probably my favorite pure indica of all time, select individuals can be very potent. It's a relatively heavily worked inbred line- goes a long way back in northern California. This extremely broad-leafed hash plant is originally from Afghanistan. Potency & flavor has been the driving force behind my selections, & this plant has consumed the majority of my efforts. The smoke is real "thick" & the flavor ranges from skunk to hashy pine. It is relatively lower yielding, but, IMHO is a very high quality indica. Outdoors late September to early October. Indoors less than 60 days

Sounds like a strain I would like.

I have always heard it was like the slowest vegging strain ever, and it is certainly living up to that!:watchplant: Gonna be a while, I think, before there is anything to brag about. I have been saving my very first MP gj for this exact strain, which I will spare everyone the bloody veg time and start on flip day! But, there will be a bubba run before I even get to that...;)

Deep chunk babies... 9/10 (soon to be 8/10 as the runt will have to go...) A good friend and myself will be sporting these all winter with lots of bk buds to see it through!:D

Just a thought... Cannacopia sells these crossed with bubba kush...

hXXp://www.hempdepot.ca/seeds/Cannacopia/BubbasKush.htm

2009_0813Aug130002.JPG

I have one Bubba outside and a cut that just rooted inside. The one inside is being grown in sunshine potting mix with biodynamic compost. It's being fed with PBP nutes and a new additive called Tonic.

I'm also growing some BubbaxMaster Kush:).

$$$$$$$$... 1,000-1,500 ... for a cutting??? How can a man look at himself in the mirror after??

I hear ya Hick..I have heard of the original Tahoe OG go for 5.

As far as flowering time, for me, it has been 56-60 everytime, set your watch to it, with 56 being the more regular. That is from the first day of 12/12.

As far as smell, I would have to say I get more of a hint of coffe more then anything, and the taste is very unique and unforgettable. Very Nice to smoke.

Vegging and flowering, it just stinks man.

Next round, prob starting in Sept, I will also run Bubba again for the winter as it is time to get ready for the onslaught of Outdoor, which is right around the corner. I am sure this will be another record year.

Wow, 5g for a cut? That is serious elite. No wonder folk don't like to share.:rolleyes:

Nice plants stoney. :aok:
Don't have any buba..but puttin in some bubbleberry kush in this week.

nvthis said:
I went through my pics and found the closest thing I could find to the 'silvery/blue' hue bubba throws. Unfortunately I don't think the pic does any justice. This was the first "taster" off June's crop.
Dude! I got drool all over my monitor.... Damn that's beautiful!

SICK pic Nvthis! Looks awesome!
I will have to take some pics of the finished I have and post em up!
Here is one of my fav shots of the Bubba, on Day 56 of 12/12

bubba day 56.jpg

Damn fine looking bud, Hal. I'm a sucker for frosting...

Yours and nvthis's buds look like they should be sitting on a cake!

Oh yeah, bite of cake, sip of milk, toke of bud....bite of cake...

My kind of desert!

Stoney, that's gonna be you here in a few weeks bro;) On this last turn bk was showing buds @ 8 days. Here is a pick of her, healthy as can be, at exactly three weeks... About 4 minutes before I had to chop her down:rolleyes:

Thanks Hal. Dude, I always love seeing your stuff man. You pump out some of the best grows on here and it's always fun to get a look:D

2009_0810Aug100003.JPG

2009_0810Aug100006.JPG

Hick said:
$$$$$$$$... 1,000-1,500 ... for a cutting??? How can a man look at himself in the mirror after??[/QUOTE
If you want the "real deal" that isn't goin on at the club, you have to pay top$$$. Mind you, this isn't exactly for Joe Blow smoker, but for cash croppers that understand and appreciate the dynamic of being "all over" everyone else's stuff. Average just doesn't do it out there these days! You have to seperate from the pack and come with superior genetics, or a supreme grow to get the attention or praise that reflects your hard work, dilligence, and attention to detail of a particular strain. To this point, 1000-1500 is a small price to pay for something that pretty much, nobody but the breeder that you bought from has!

Latest posts

Back