A lot of Bubba Kush goin on!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Growing Bubba Kush or not?

• I'm growing Bubba Kush right now!

• I'm not growing Bubba Kush now, but I'm going to!

• Bubba's too couch lock for me. I have to move!

• I'm a piggy. I'm writing all this down. Snort, Snort, Oink!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Yea I don't know:confused2: I thought one metric system was all the same. Was that not the reason to go metric in the first place was b/c of the simplicity? Now they throw this monkey wrench into the equation:rofl:

Well, I thought I'd give a little bit of an update on my Bubba Kush grow.

The plants are all about 32 inches tall and flowering is well under way.

The vertical growth continues at 3 inches in the last 5 days.

The nodes are filling in with flowers and the smell....oh man, the smell is like Heaven.

The top just to the right of center in the below pic is at exactly 32 inches.

The other pic is of the top of one cola so far.

The plants are now 47 days old from clones and 16 days into flower.

They're using 3 gallons of nutrient solution each day for the 4 plants.

I've continued to use the Micro=10ml, Grow=10ml and Bloom=15ml per/gallon mix of the GH nutes.

I love this strain!

MVC-015S.JPG

MVC-016S.JPG

SmokeyMcSmokester said:
im growing bubba too! ive been growing it for almost a year now. started off in soil, now im rockin the aeroflo 36site

here are some pics...beginning to current.
I'm loving those buds! How many days of flowering on the buds in the pic?

I have some bubba kush going as well. I bought the clones from harborside in oakland about a month ago. I am growing in roots organic soil right now. I will have to take some pictures when the lights come on. I don't know what cut they are but they sure look nice. I am really looking forward to the next couple of weeks as they put on bud weight. I have some in flowering for 4 weeks and some in veg for mothers. After reading this thread and looking at everyones beautiful plants in hydro I am looking forward to taking some clones and running them in hydro to see the difference in growth. It is very slow in veg. When I put the clones in flower they were only about 4 inches tall and now they are 18 - 24 inches tall. They plants in veg are about 6 -8 inches tall now after a month. I have had temps in the 100's in my veg room most days though. I really like this strain so far and look forward to comparing it to my other new to me clones. I have them growing alongside some LA Og kush, Romulan, grapefruit kush, Purps, and a few more excellent strains that I have been growing.

Nice Bubba pics fellas!
Looking good Stoney.. That strain rocks!

StoneyBud said:
I'm loving those buds! How many days of flowering on the buds in the pic?
that pic was taken on 16Aug. i'll take some more pics in a couple of days..

As of Tuesday, 8/25/2009

End of Week 7 of grow.

Day 49 of Grow,

Day 18 of flowering.

Tub 1 = 32.5 inches
Tub 2 = 35.5 inches
Tub 3 = 34.5 inches
Tub 4 = 34.5 inches

The ladies are in perfect health. Flowers are forming nicely. The buds are where most strains are at about 30 days of flowering. I'm impressed with this strain.

The four plants are drinking 3 gallons of nutrient solution per/day.

Still mixing it Grow 10ml, Micro 10ml and Bloom 15ml/per/gallon.

30 tops.

Should be a nice harvest. If the buds hold true to the pics I've see of the strain, those colas will beef up considerably from here out.

Here's what they look like right now.

MVC-017S.JPG

MVC-018S.JPG

Nicely done Stoney. Perfectly healthy. Hehe! You're so screwed! I would go ahead and clear out your calendar now for about a straight month after harvest. I am predicting an extended semi-coma:D

Actually I am very interested to hear how this pairs up to your aurora.

nvthis said:
Nicely done Stoney. Perfectly healthy. Hehe! You're so screwed! I would go ahead and clear out your calendar now for about a straight month after harvest. I am predicting an extended semi-coma:D

Actually I am very interested to hear how this pairs up to your aurora.

Me too man. The Aurora is so strong that I can't wait to compare them.

I love the way this strain grows. It's very different from most strains.

Very cool.

Yeah, I think I'll lose a few days testing this stuff. hehe

Well, here's an update on my Bubba Kush grow.

9/1/2009

End of Week 8 of grow. Day 56 of Grow, Day 25 of flowering.

Tub-1 = 33"
Tub-2 = 36"
Tub-3 = 37"
Tub-4 = 36"

Here's a photo from above and one of my favorite bud showing the top 6 inches of the branch. I couldn't get all the plants in it, but it'll give you an idea of where the grow is now.

The buds are starting to thicken up nicely for only 25 days. The smell is fantastic.

MVC-004S.JPG

MVC-006S.JPG

Awesome grow Stoney...BEAutiful plants. They are fun plants to grow.

I am getting ready for my run. I have set up a tray to ebb&flo 50 Bubba girls in 4" cubes to get them started. I vegged for about 2 weeks and they got big quick, the quickest I have seen them gro so far.

They outgrew the tray, so I transplanted them to 2 gal pots of rockwool and placed them all under 1 - 1000w MH to continue veggin' for 1 more week, while I finish up a Hindu run.

The pics below are the Bubba's in the flood tray, then after transplanting.
They look a little droopy in the transplant pic, as I dipped them all before I transplanted them. An ounce of prevention...........

The last pic is the Hindu which is finishing up.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Hey NCH, your plants look like they love you! Sweet looking young plants! Our methods differ greatly, but the end result is what counts.

I try to stress to new growers how different each method of growing can be. There is no "right" or "wrong" way. Only different ways. As long as whatever method used results in healthy, fast growing, maxed out buds, then it's one of the "right" methods.

Each type of hydroponic method can be hybrid into hundreds of different ways to accomplish the same end result.

I firmly believe that hydroponics will be the only method of mass producing plants and produce for the population of the world, eventually. People keep producing more people and the population of the world keeps increasing at a rate that will make soil growing obsolete eventually. Hydroponic food production is the future. Hydroponic Weed Production is the present......hahahahahaaha

If anyone reading this thread has NOT read Dr. Howard Resh's book "Hydroponic Food Production", you're missing out on a fantastic book full of ideas, methods and photos that will make your mind twirl with thousands of ideas and your imagination will run wild with projects you think of.

It is, without any doubt what-so-ever, the best book about growing plants that I have ever read in my life, and I've read many hundreds of that type of book.

It's expensive, but worth every penny. If you buy it, make sure you get the latest edition. He keeps the photos and methods updated in each edition.

How do you normally cure all your material? Do you make hash or do you only keep the buds?

Thanks Stoney.

That is the "mystery" of hydroponics...there is no "correct" way, but there are "incorrect" ways...lol

Once a person understands what Hydro really means, the possibilities are endless.

This is a new/old way of vegging for me. This is the first time I have done it with the Bubba, and she loves it. I am saddened to put them into rockwool...

Ha NCH, dang bro! The single strongest reason I have for not doing hydro where I live now is the fear of doing it over carpet. Nice pics. And over white carpet too.. And are those hindu really as tall as that door frame?? Wow!:D

Great looking grows guys. I doubt I will ever be able to get the real bubba where I'm at but I can always hope.

This is a thread full of people that definitely should be listened to though. I am always learning new things in stoney, hick, norcal, etc... threads. Thanks for the great insight.

9/8/2009

End of Week 9 of grow.
Day 63 of Grow
Day 32 of flowering.

Tub-1 = 33.5"

Tub-2 = 35.5"

Tub-3 = 36.0"

Tub-4 = 35.5"

When compared to last weeks growth, you can see that the weight of the colas has caused them to lean now, making them "shorter" than last weeks measurements.

The buds are beefing up nicely, as you can see in the below pics.

I'm hoping to harvest a cured pound from this crop. It looks like I may.

Only 32 days of flowering and the buds are as nice as many strains are at harvest. I've seen a bunch of pics of Bubba Kush at harvest size and if these reach that stage, I'll absolutely have a cured pound. Maybe even more.

This is a 20 square foot grow using hydroponic ebb and flow with GH nutes.

MVC-007S.JPG

MVC-008S.JPG

MVC-009S.JPG

Beautiful plants Stoney! Just awesome.

You should thank your friend who gifted u the Bubba, as you have "the real" for sure.

You may find yourself propping up a few of the branches, as they will get heavy when grown properly, and you got it going on!

I have grown a lot of strains, but that darn Bubba is just a great plant to grow. I hope you are enjoying it too!

I see you have your nuits just right, I see the slight leaf tip burn telling me you found the "max" on nuit levels for her.

9/10 times stoney, Bubba is done in 56 days. Your getting close....

Thanks, NCH. I'll be watching them closely at near the 56 day mark. 22 more days. I've got my handy-dandy microscope ready for use!

My friend who gave me the BK knows how much I appreciate it. He's seen the updates and pics. I think it makes him happy to see them growing so nicely.

Yeah, I'll watch the leaners. If need be, I'll give em some help!

The smell. The smell.... hehe Man-oh-man, smells like candy to me.

Latest posts

Back