Begginer's luck.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you need to top now, you dont have alot of space and they will grow abit bigger,just cut the growing tips abit so you can slow there height,
even if you top them they split into two and still keep growing, you need to then get some wire and tie the tops down, this will solve your height prob.

okok i made an attempt to top these plants just as swift says. can anyone check and see if it is ok? this is pretty stressful now that its getting out of control. thanks in advance.

DSC_0111.JPG

DSC_0112.JPG

DSC_0113.JPG

DSC_0114.JPG

DSC_0115.JPG

Damn man, hadnt noticed till I really looked at your pics how wiry your plants had gotten.

Yeah, there is an article on HST, which looks to be pretty much tying the top down. If you pinch it, and bend it down, slowly, you can get it to grow sideways, and scrog all that **** to keep it down.

Should heal in a day or so, so you could probably get them all down in a week.

well its official, there were three male out of the four. i guess i got too excited and mislooked. dang that sucks. one skunk is still unidentified. currently i moved two of the WW to the flowering room, hopefully they'll like it. whereas the other WW i guess i'll clone them and revert to veg mode. (since its fem seeds) its extremely sad when you're taking down a plant you grew for weeks. dang next time skunks..

DSC_0116.JPG

DSC_0119.JPG

DSC_0120.JPG

DSC_0121.JPG

DSC_0122.JPG

DSC_0123.JPG

yea topping looks fine man,
now start carefully training the tops of your female plants down with a little wire
pitty about the excess of balls your haven! yea re veg and take more cutings forclones the youcan have lots of females!
yea i hate haven to kill off males! all your hard work down the tube!

haha, yeah i expected 50% but hey guess its my first time so its ok? dang so long till its done. thanks swift for taking a look at my problematic mess.

no prob's man,
its a plessure,
so you are going to reuse that hydrodon?
less then 50% is not bad when your chances are going to be 50% anyway!
the best thing you can do is plant a few at a time,
this lowers the chances of all males and wasting your time!
just need to sit back and relax they'll be done when there done!
but i guess you cant wait to smoking some of your own and stop haven to pay dealers for duff weed!

amen swift, amen. i'm tired of just going out asking my friends to hook stuff up when i can just smoke some of my own stuff. well i guess you reap what you sow.

yep you deff rep what you sow!!
and with a little time so will you!
so will you be using your bag of male leafs and female shake to make oil or hash?
i do it every time, waste not want not!
yea im well sick of getting hooked up, its $420 and oz here, and i keep buying half oz's, dam its costing a fortune!
but not for long!

haha its 430 for me. i pick up eighth every week so yeah lots of money wasted there. well swift i'm very new to this and i still dont know how to make hash and i thought males dont produce thc? thanks for helping me out tho swift, much appreciated! [=
oo and i plan on cloning them vegg plants tomm. i got to stop by the store and buy some rooting gels and a plastic tray/dome thingy. wish me luck.

dang my clones don't look too good. they are drooping down and look like a limp noodle. i've used rooting gel on rockwool and sprayed the tray dome with distilled 5.9ph water. how long are they going to stay like this? i'm getting pretty stressed at this point (plants are not even close to flowering) 2.5 weeks.]=

Males dont have buds, but they may still be covered in trichs. There is also THC in the plant itself I believe.

I think thats normal. From what ive read, the clones will need to rely on the leaves for water/nutrients for the first days before any roots form, then they should brighten back up. Thats why they recommend you give the mother a carb booster before taking cuts.

I am going to be taking clones in the next few weeks, but havent done it before. Hope they root.

dam man you get by with an 8th a week,
i keep going through a 1/2 a week,have to cut down!
your plants looked fine last time i saw a pic you can start to flower if you want,maybe flush them and start with a floweing nute,
clones can be a pain to figure out!
pm sent.

okok my spirits are a bit relieved. yes it is confirmed that the last remaining skunk is in fact a female, also the other two WW that are in the flowering room are turning out beautifully! [=

so did you have a good read to that ,how to guide i sent?
any pics going?
so did you keep all the male's?
if you did dry them out and save them, ill go through how to extract oil from them with you,
so hang them somewhere dark!
and get your self 2-3 cans of butain gas for re-filling lighters,the pure'ist stuff you can get,
also tou will need some 1/2" plumming tube, plastic or copper,about a foot long
ands you will need 2 nossel's off silicone, (the nossels im talking about are on the end of those silicone gun things)

now how to do it,

1 dry and grind the weed you want to extract,
2.put 1 nossel on the end of the pipe and push it on real tight, then tape up around the nossel,
put the weed in one end and pack it in, but not too tight!
when your finished packing it all in,
you will want to get some coffie filter paper(or somthing to act as a filter)
put the filter paper between the other nossel and the pipe,
and push the other nossel on tight and tape it up too,
now you have a tube with weed in it with two nossels, one at each end,
get your self a big bowl to collect the oil,
ok now the fun part,
GO OUT SIDE FOR THIS PART!
its very important your outside when using the gas to extract the oil,
this makes the process safe to do,
if you do it inside and the gas collects and somone ignites it, well lets say you wont be haveing the best day!
ok so your outside with your extraction device a bowl the can of butain gas, and get yourself two gloves a latex one and a warm cotton glove,
put the cotton one on first then the latex one over it,
this is to protect your hand from the cold gas,
right now point the extracter device with the filter side into the bowl,
put the gas can nossel into the top nossel and put your gloved hand over the bottom nossel and block the exit hole,
spray in the gass slowly and build up the pressue inside the extraction device, then slowly let your finger off the bottom hole and direct the escaping gass into the bowl,
now you will see a golden yellow liquid come out the end,
do this process 2/3 times untill the liquid comes out clear,
leave the bowl outside to evaperate the liquid gas,
when its all gone, you will be left with a sticky goo at the bottom use a
blade to scrape up the goo and put it into a suitable storage container,
i use a perfume sample bottle as its a good size,
when you get most of the goo out of the bowl there will be some you just wont be able to scrape up,
this is where i add a little strong alcohol, (a few drops) and mix the remaining goo up with the alcohol and add alittle weed to it,
and use the weed to soke up the last bit of oil and alcohol,
let it dry for a while and smoke it!
also i have experimented with how to use this oil,
and for me the best way by far is,
to drop 2 or so drops onto a small bed of weed in a bong,
and smoke it up!
its prity amazing stuff, so be carefull or you might trip out!
and remember the better the weed you use to make the oil the better the oil will be!
and there you have it!
the method i use to extract oil from shake, waste not want not!
any questions?

quick question tho swift. do i need to grow my males until they are fully grown or could i make hash by using the males i have now. (i cut them down on their 2nd week of flowering because i didn't want them to pollinate the females) and yes thank you so much for the guide swift!

ok i think an update is in order! first of all all my flowering plants are female!! i see pistils coming out of my last skunk. i'm uber stoked!:D
for the clones... they are not doing so well.
tell me what you think about my plants!

DSC_0003.JPG

DSC_0004.JPG

DSC_0007.JPG

DSC_0008.JPG

DSC_0002.JPG

DSC_0005.JPG

DSC_0006.JPG

Congrats on the females. Everything looks great. Those clones will pull through, they'd be a big pile of mush if they wanted to die. Just keep the humidity high and you'll be alright.

hay man
i would get some string or wire and start training!
that tall plant on the right could do with some now.
this is what i do,
i have some fine wire on a coil that i loosely wrap around the top of a branch and make it long enough to reach the top of the pot,
there is a lip on the top of all my pots i just make a hook with the wire and hook the plant down so the branchs grow horizontaly or even point the branchs down,
but be carefull not to brake them! and use duck tape if you do,
do this sooner rather then later!
as for your clones is that prop heated? if not you want it to stay warm,
and keep the dome on for a week or so, just open the vents after 3/4 days.
as for the oil, you can use the males you have, or anything you have,
just remember the better the stuff you put in the better it comes out,
i extracted some males/herms that i got rid of a few wweks ago,
got nearly 1g out of them, and they where only flowering 2weeks or so!
good oil but darker and not quite as strong as premo bud! but still extremly good for what would be waste!
also if you deside to store it, keep it in a dark cool location,
its slightly more unstable in oil form so no sunlight!
by the way your plants are looking very good today!

thanks swift and mental, means alot for you guys to say my plants look good. also thanks for the advice swift. about five inches or so there is a reflective white board that is going to bend the plants (so they wont grow any taller). if they do touch the board im going to do what you do and tie the top bud site down facing the light. also i'm going to up the nutes this weekend, hopefully they'll like it! wish me luck and thanks again for stopping by.

Latest posts

Back