Bubba's Tent

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bubba887 said:
Hey everyone :)!
I'm back for goooood.
Its going to be a slow start up to get back to what I had, Someday I will achieve it though.
Here is round 2 at this lol.
4x2x5 growmedics tent. tent, Requires 40K+ for flower 24k for veg.
Right now I have 1 250w HPS /eye hortilux bulb claims 35k L.
My intake and exhaust sucks until I get the pay check..
Not going big with this at all, maybe add another 250w HPS in Flower.

Right now I just have a stunted AH33 under it, Was outside and my dog decided to dig it up n eat most of the root ball...

I plan on dropping
2 PJ Auto's
2-3 personal crosses to get sorting on the keepers.

I will get some pictures up later.

Xnutrients full lineup and root organics.
basic soil/perlite mix.

Can you link me to the bulb that claims 35,000 lumens? I did a search, but couldn't find it. I have a buddy running a 250W and the best we can find is 30,000.

IMO, a single 600W is going to do a better job than 2 250W. Even if the bulb is actually emitting 35,000 lumens, that is 20,000 lumens less than you get from a 600W, which will also penetrate further/better. I have a 600W in a space a little over 2 x 4 and it is doing great.

Here ya go THG
hxxp://hydrobuilder.com/250w-super-hps.html#.T-dO3RdrNEI

I did have a test bookmarked that ran the super hps 250w next to the 250w reg. there was a 10-15k L difference IIRC.

I will look into the single 600, probably be easier to cool than the 2 250s also.

Bubba go with a 600 easier to cool one then two, less cost in material also.

The nugs off the 600 can put an eye if not careful:D

Ah, now to question is..
To buy off craigslist, or not to buy off craigslist.
There are a couple nice 600w setup's on there already, figure just replace the bulb and walla, but then again never know how they took care of it or anything...

I think I will veg the with 35k 250w, and grab a 600w for flower.

Has anyone flowered with the gromedics tent? exp. any light leakages? would you recommend in flowering?

I hate starting all over, Should of just kept both them damned 400w's and the T5's :( lol...

Oh well.. Just leaving room for improvements lol.
is the 250w sufficient enough to veg in the 4x2? its around 4375 pr sq ft..

She looks to be doing an alright job though, Fed her today with the xnutrients grow juice. 6ml per gal. with 3ml roots organics..

4375 lumens/sqft will veg just fine.

I bought a cheap tent off of ebay. Has some pin hole leaks and the zipper goofs up but I can fix those things, but I still just use it for veg. For flower I like the Secret Jardin's DRII's. No pin holes and zippers are easier to use and easier access. Has plenty of ports for electric and ventilation, but is a bit pricier. Bought mine during the week of Thanksgiving and Greners had a big sale going on:).

bubba I would use a little kelp and molasses to help get your laddie back on track. i'm sure it won't be long till it jumps back anyways. Mojo my friend

Thanks for the heads up Moaky!,
I've never EVER played around with kelp/molasses but I will be taking it on in this grow.. Haven't checked on the lady the past couple days, Reminds me of "a watched pot never boils"
So today when I pop open the tent, I hope to see better growth/perkiness..

Hoping to not see... death :eek:. lol.

Ill post up some pictures in a few min. time to go check on her.

EDIT: well she is not dead :), I'm pretty sure she is taking on new growth also. Its only been 6 days since she was dug up,root ball ate.

I made my tent smaller by takings THG's advice and hanging a sub wall in.
Dropped my space to around a 2x2, Maybe on the short side of 2ft.

4sq ft with 35k lumens..
Here are some pics... Sorry they are not the best..

My fan fell on her just a second ago :/ lol. Nothing broke, just a little bent up.

IMAG0056.jpg

IMAG0055.jpg

IMAG0054.jpg

IMAG0053.jpg

IMAG0052.jpg

IMAG0051.jpg

IMAG0050.jpg

IMAG0049.jpg

IMAG0048.jpg

IMAG0047.jpg

I don't think molasses does any good unless you are growing organic. Molasses is pretty much just to help microbial life in organic grows. Chem fertilizers and organics are not really compatible.

:yeahthat: The chem nutes kill all the good in the soil that the molasses would feed.

Thanks for the clarification on the molasses!

If I was just to run the Roots organics nutes without the Xnutrients grow/bloom would it be beneficial then?
Never tried Roots or Xnutrients so this is a first go for me.

I don't know exactly what Roots Organic has in it. You would most likely either need to add some supersoil to feed them or feed them organic nutes to make the molasses beneficial.

kelp has many micro nutes and can help vigrious growth and plant health. molasses can chelate those micro's and has its own. and that both are derived from plants se they are more readily available to plants. 3LB's molasses and kelp benifits

hxxp://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12692

"One final benefit molasses can provide to your garden is it's ability to work as a chelating agent. That's a scientific way of saying that molasses is one of those magical substances that can convert some chemical nutrients into a form that's easily available for critters and plants. Chelated minerals can be absorbed directly and remain available and stable in the soil. Rather than spend a lot of time and effort explaining the relationships between chelates and micronutrients, we are going to quote one of our favorite sources for explaining soil for scientific laymen."

"Micronutrients occur, in cells as well as in soil, as part of large, complex organic molecules in chelated form. The word chelate (pronounced KEE-late) comes from the Greek word for claw which indicates how a single nutrient ion is held in the center of the larger molecule. The finely balanced interactions between micronutrients are complex and not fully understood. We do know that balance is crucial; any micronutrient, when present in excessive amounts, will become a poison, and certain poisonous elements, such as chlorine are also essential micronutrients.
For this reason natural, organic sources of micronutrients are the best means of supplying them to the soil; they are present in balanced quantities and not liable to be over applied through error or ignorance. When used in naturally chelated form, excess micronutrients will be locked up and prevented from disrupting soil balance."

Excerpted from The Soul of Soil
by Grace Gershuny and Joe Smillie

"Molasses is a great ingredient in foliar feeding recipes because of it's ability to chelate nutrients and bring them to the table in a form that can be directly absorbed and used by the plant. This really improves the effectiveness of foliar feeds when using them as a plant tonic. In fact it improves them enough that we usually can dilute our teas or mix them more lean - with less fertilizer - than we might use without the added molasses.''
In addition to sugars, molasses contains significant amounts of potash, sulfur, and a variety of micronutrients. Because molasses is derived from plants, and because the manufacturing processes that create it remove mostly sugars, the majority of the mineral nutrients that were contained in the original sugar cane or sugar beet are still present in molasses. This is a critical factor because a balanced supply of mineral nutrients is essential for those beneficial beasties to survive and thrive. That's one of the secrets we've discovered to really successful organic gardening, the micronutrients found in organic amendments like molasses, kelp, and alfalfa were all derived from other plant sources and are quickly and easily available to our soil and plants. This is especially important for the soil micro-herd of critters who depend on tiny amounts of those trace minerals as catalysts to make the enzymes that create biochemical transformations. That last sentence was our fancy way of saying - it's actually the critters in live soil that break down organic fertilizers and feed it to our plants."

maybe this should be edited but the thread is really big. tried to make it easier

That's one of the secrets we've discovered to really successful organic gardening, the micronutrients found in organic amendments like molasses, kelp, and alfalfa were all derived from other plant sources and are quickly and easily available to our soil and plants. This is especially important for the soil micro-herd of critters who depend on tiny amounts of those trace minerals as catalysts to make the enzymes that create biochemical transformations. That last sentence was our fancy way of saying - it's actually the critters in live soil that break down organic fertilizers and feed it to our plants."

This says it all, THANKS for the post! If there's nothing in the soil to get the food to the plant, the molasses doesn't do much!! I've never foliar sprayed and doubt I ever will, but good info.

More on this in the stickies covering nutes.

Thank you a lot Roddy!

Temp's went back to mid 80's today..
Guess It's time I should invest in an exhaust fan again..

The only thing I don't like about this tent is there are only 4in venting holes and they are flemsy as heck!..

I miss having the air cooled hood too :( lol. Gahhh I was dumb for getting ridda everything :(

rut roh, I think we have a problem Houston!
Will post pics after bit but I think I'm seeing male pre-flowers :/..

Wouldn't surprise me though, she has been through hell and back.

I will post a better picture here in a couple minutes.. I took that one a cpl days ago.

*EDIT* Maybe I'm just stoned and seeing things lol.

IMAG0068.jpg

IMAG0071.jpg

IMAG0072.jpg

noticing the growth now, means me roots should be back on track. :D! YAY!

I'm excited for the little hopefully girl

IMAG0076.jpg

IMAG0075.jpg

IMAG0074.jpg

bubba887 said:
rut roh, I think we have a problem Houston!
Will post pics after bit but I think I'm seeing male pre-flowers :/..

Wouldn't surprise me though, she has been through hell and back.

I will post a better picture here in a couple minutes.. I took that one a cpl days ago.

*EDIT* Maybe I'm just stoned and seeing things lol.

Give it a little time, but it does look like male preflowers. Why are you calling your plant a girl....I don't see any signs of it being a female at all--I think you could have a straight out male, not necessarily a hermie

I refer to everything as a girl, Better than opening a tent and calling it a male from day 1 lol..

I brought 2 more inside and cleaned them up, made sure no bugs were on the etc.. going to lay down play sand ontop of the bucket soon..

Deff going to have to get more than the 250w HPS now. penetration isn't crap from that thing...

but THG.. lil harsh - Kinda makes me not want to speak the word fe.... again lol

Also, being a guy, referring to a plant as a guy, just makes me feel homo. (no offence if we have switch hitters here)

Latest posts

Back