Casual Grower

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theCre8or

Reaction score
That's supposed to read CASUAL GROWER

HI everyone

I'm new to the forum and to growing. I've kept a regular garden on our deck for a couple of summers now. This spring, we happen to have bought a bag with some seeds [and we fellt like we were in high school :) ] and on a whim I tossed the seeds into some pots along with the rest of our garden. Of the 5 seeds I planted, 3 germinated, and only ONE plant survived and is still growing today.

It looks strong, still vegetative. I'm hoping it's a female. I can't tell yet.

Anyway, i didn't really plan on growing the plant and am not sure what to do now.

If it's a male, what should I do with the plant? I know typically I would yank it to keep it from pollenating the females, but I have no other plants so that won't happen. Will it produce anything worth smoking?

If it's a female, when should I clone it? Cloning seems like it will be my only option, but I don't want to get into the business of growing. I don't have the space for an indoor garden. Will one plant provide enough for occasional smoke (once or twice a week) through the winter? How long does it take for a clone to flower? Will I be forced to have many clones through the winter? Without the space, this seems unacceptable?

Thanks for the help!!

Hey, welcome to the group. :)

You'll probably get more help with your questions if you posted on the other forums. Some folks don't read the Introduction board. ;)

Good luck with that plant, and I hope it's a girl. :D

Welcome to MP. Glad to have ya here and hope to see ya around. Enjoy the site! ;)

depending on your location....you might have missed your window to really grow a heavy yeilding plant that will provide you through winter.
Read around in the "outdoor" section.

even if outdoor, it is very easy to set up an indoor veg. cabinet to hold a mother to propagate clones for next year, then your not having to mess with males each season. If you have a female I would highly recommend taking a couple of cuttings and getting them to root. Put them under a couple of compact floros and leave them under 24 hours on. you can make a 1'Lx1'Wx30"H cab that would hold one mom and a few clones for rooting very easily. Then in spring you can have 1 or two females that you could toss outside each year and get plenty to last you for personal use.

It would not be the "growing" business, but at least keep you with solid female stock every year. ;)

Read around.

Welcome and hope you enjoy our forum. :)

Welcome,theres alot of good people on here and alot of very good info to be had and shared.Hope to see you around:dancing:

Latest posts

Back