Crash Journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I only sprayed one branch, so I don't think it's the spray. It still doesn't look like the male plants I've grown in the past. Either way I plan to pollinate a branch on the THC bomb to see what results. Feminized pollen would have been nice, not to mention all those clones I'm going to have to toss. Oh well, I have more seeds and more plants to play with.
Wish I knew more about that silver spray stuff. It’s over my head I think. Can you just buy it already made up? It seems I remember it took some science to make it maybe with electricity or batteries Not sure I’m into that but would be nice to have feminized seeds for next year

Still tho, can you buy a tiny spray bottle of it?
Yes, Amazon has a lot of different brands. Optimal concentration I'm told is 30PPM. I bought these, though I didn't get it for the plants at the time. It just happened to be the right concentration, and a spray bottle top screws right on making it simple to use.

Yes, Amazon has a lot of different brands. Optimal concentration I'm told is 30PPM. I bought these, though I didn't get it for the plants at the time. It just happened to be the right concentration, and a spray bottle top screws right on making it simple to use.
I only need a tiny bit. Does this look like the same thing? Do I need to isolate my plants from the others when doing this?
46388676-793E-47AB-949F-CCBE0CBB20E3.jpeg

Colloidal silver is misted onto a marijuana plant's foliage to force the plant to start pollen production. The grower usually mists the plants daily with colloidal silver for 10-14 days.

Typically, when growing marijuana plants there is a 50 percent chance of the plant creating male seeds. However, with the use of colloidal silver, the chance of a plant developing all female seeds becomes almost a guarantee. The silver colloidal forces the weed plant to develop male pollen sacs instead of the female buds that it would normally grow. The pollen from the male pollen sacs can then be collected and used to pollinate female flowers to develop feminized seeds.

Colloidal silver has also been shown to encourage healthier crops while killing different types of fungi. According to a study published in the journal Mycobiology in March 2010, colloidal silver completely eliminated fungal infections such as Sclerotium Cepivorum in green onions. According to the study, this substance did not alter the soil’s composition or chemistry in any way. Additionally, gardeners sometimes soak the seeds in this substance prior to burying them in the soil in order to reduce the risk of mold growth. Pre-soaking the seeds can also increase germination.

Adding colloidal silver product to your plants can also boost the plant’s nutrient content. In some cases, planters can also substitute chemical fertilizers for colloidal silver. While chemical substances can hinder the absorption of minerals, vitamins and other trace elements, colloidal silver eliminates parasites without obstructing the plant’s mineral intake.

Colloidal silver is also commonly used as an ethylene inhibitor. Spraying a small amount of colloidal silver on fresh produce has also been shown to be safe for human consumption.

I only need a tiny bit. Does this look like the same thing? Do I need to isolate my plants from the others when doing this?
View attachment 307097
I don’t know this for a fact but my gut tells me the treated buds will be able to pollinate any welcoming female. Probably best to quarantine the plant that gets treated.

I don’t know this for a fact but my gut tells me the treated buds will be able to pollinate any welcoming female. Probably best to quarantine the plant that gets treated.
Humm well then I may not take the chance since my yard is not that big. I could put it in my veggie garden on the side of my house but that only 50 yds away. I was under the impression that the reason you only did one limb was to keep the other part of the plant as female. I see I need to study up

I just figured if the pollen is able to make feminized seeds, it will be able to pollinate any plant near it.

Humm well then I may not take the chance since my yard is not that big. I could put it in my veggie garden on the side of my house but that only 50 yds away. I was under the impression that the reason you only did one limb was to keep the other part of the plant as female. I see I need to study up
The goal is to remove the treated branch before the pollen sacks start breaking open. Then you can dry the branch and break up the pods over a screen to collect the pollen that sifts through the screen.

Up potted the Stealth Fighter. It wasn't much of a size jump from the solo cup to this plastic pot, probably 2 quarts. I mostly wanted to bury the extra 2 inches of stretched stem making it look super fragile. Anyway, I don't see what's so stealthy about it. It's obviously a pot plant.

sf13.jpg

Up potted the Stealth Fighter. It wasn't much of a size jump from the solo cup to this plastic pot, probably 2 quarts. I mostly wanted to bury the extra 2 inches of stretched stem making it look super fragile. Anyway, I don't see what's so stealthy about it. It's obviously a pot plant.

View attachment 307106
It is fighting identifying as stealth…

Latest posts

Back