Crash Journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a 20 gallon DWC outside that I grew leeks in. Instead of trying to cool the water, I buried the whole thing so it wouldn't get too warm sitting in the sun. Did the same with the reservoir on the 30 gallon dutch bucket with heirloom tomatoes. I didn't have a thermometer in the DWC, but the buried reservoir for the dutch bucket stayed pretty constant all summer at around 75 degrees.

Brother,,six inches down and I'm in limestone. My house has no cracks because I'm setting on rock. So digging that kinda hole ain't gonna happen. Great idea though.

I collected some pollen from the freak show and used a q-tip to pollinate the buds on a couple of lower THC Bomb branches. The nanners seem to hold a lot of pollen, but dry and crush isn't working well for any flower that hasn't already opened. With a whole plant full of nanners, though, I'm sure I will get plenty of pollen. Just wish it had been from a female plant.

A friend I gave some auto GDP seeds to made some feminized seeds from one of those plants. She also has some pollen collected. I was too late spraying the Caramelicious auto to get any pollen, but she is giving me some pollen from the GDP so I can pollinate the multicolored auto I want to try to breed. I use the term lightly, I know I don't even qualify as a pollen chucker. Maybe I'll get lucky, though...

Want to let everyone know, I'm skipping out for a while. I might be back, I really dunno. There were some political issues recently that I want to put to rest. This has nothing to do with that, some of you just can't take a joke.

A loved one is in a mental institution. It was sudden, unpredictable, and it completely destroyed her life. The career she worked extremely hard for her entire life is now closed to her, practically and legally. It's just over; and that's assuming she ever recovers. I'm not sure she will.

I'm a mess. It takes me hours to form a two sentence post which I just delete anyway. Most of my plants are dead or dying. I forget to water them, or leave them in the shop with no light after pruning them. This forum isn't the place for this kind of thing, and I don't want to bring everyone down. But many of you have been very kind to me, and deserve an explanation.

I was going to say something hopeful here, but I got nothing. Probably delete this post too.

I am so sorry to hear this crash. I know it’s hard when loved ones are having troubles that take them to their lowest point. You are the caring kind of friend who will carry the load with them I know this about you already and it is one of the things I really like about you. I hope you are not leaving cause of something that was said here tho. Some of us can be idiots at times and need to be reminded of that sometimes. You have kept us in stitches with your colorful character and have many days made me laugh and reminded me many times that just because things don't go the way we plan them, we can still make light of them and move on to the next thing. I will really miss you if you leave for good tho just saying…. I hope to see you again soon 💕

Well, my attempt to become a recluse was a disaster. The source of my pain is now living here in an adjacent bedroom, and sucking me dry emotionally and financially. My only hope is if Putin and political name start nuking each other. I can go camp out in DC to be sure I'm in the first blast. Never thought I would be reluctant to leave work.

Anyway, I'm sorry I dropped out like I did, more sorry I announced it. I would be very grateful if a mod just deleted the offending post and the responses. I'm not usually such a flake.

Some of my plants didn't survive the neglect. All the clones dried up except one hardy ABC clone and a (male) freak show clone I had already moved to a pot. There's also a CSM cutting that is still green but hasn't rooted. The other 10-12 cuttings went in the trash.

Freak show died as well, but I did manage to get quite a bit of pollen from it. After the initial collection of about 2 ml that I used on the THC Bomb, freak show sat in the grow room and dried up. I got another 2 ml just shaking it over a plastic sheet. Then I remembered @oldfogey8 said the other flowers might open if I set the branches in water. That worked great, and I got another 3-4 ml before getting bored with the process. Kind of makes me think freak show would have recovered, but I already have way more pollen than I have any use for.

I also lost both the caramelicious autos, though they were close to harvest. I cut the the main stems and hung them to dry a little more. I also had 7 seedlings I forgot about and left in total darkness for more than a week. They didn't seem to mind other than some stretching.

THC Bomb didn't miss me at all. I guess it had plenty of rain, though there are a lot of fan leaves turning yellow and dropping off. It doesn't look sick, though. I guess it's just near the end and is cannibalizing leaves it doesn't need. Still has a few weeks to go, though. The pistils have darkened and curled, but most of the trichomes are clear. The two branches I pollinated have definitely started making seeds.

I'll post some pics tonight or tomorrow. What pics I took.

Well, my attempt to become a recluse was a disaster. The source of my pain is now living here in an adjacent bedroom, and sucking me dry emotionally and financially. My only hope is if Putin and political name start nuking each other. I can go camp out in DC to be sure I'm in the first blast. Never thought I would be reluctant to leave work.

Anyway, I'm sorry I dropped out like I did, more sorry I announced it. I would be very grateful if a mod just deleted the offending post and the responses. I'm not usually such a flake.
As a Famous Bore once said..."That, Which doesn't Kill You, worry not, it'll get you Next Time!"...LOL! Don't worry, as long as you're still breathing & above ground, you still have the ability to shape your Future & as long as you're here someone will give you reason to pull the barrel out of your mouth! I Know, just went thru the deepest depression since teen years, then a new friend here helped me pull my head out of my a$$ & quit feeling sorry for myself...just by being kind! As a Musician I've been In & Out of Bands my entire Life...the Term Band come from our Armed Forces & is short for Band of Brothers (and Sisters)...that's what you have here! Be Well Brother...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back