Crash Journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amazon is your friend. Check the listings for usb microscopes.
Amazon doesn't have the same feelings for me, there's a few CSR's who'd like to Garrote me & sew my Testicles up in my Mouth! I no longer endure Phone Reps who CANNOT SPEAK PHUCKING ENGLISH! One time nicely I'll say "Ma'am/Sir I cannot understand a single word you're saying, please put someone on the line who can" if they then say I'm being rude, I'll Loose My F'n Mind & it's not pretty!

I gotta get me wanna'dose...Microscope?, Telescope?, Hunting Scope? Scope Mouthwash? WHAT????
I have been using this one I got from Amazon, but this one on ebay looks identical.

Edit: I should mention it takes a REALLY steady hand to get decent images. For me, that mostly means taking a ton of pics and sorting through them later for the ones that aren't too blurry. Sometimes I have to go out and take more because none of them were in focus : )

Decided to go ahead and start some Supafreak clones, and flip one as early as possible to verify gender.

I have been having some really bad luck with clones lately, so I put some cuttings in a make shift DWC last Sunday just to see what would happen. Seems to have worked pretty well...

clone_dwc01.jpg

clone_dwc02.jpg

There were four cuttings, but one I had just put in last night I moved to to the new DWC I setup to hold more cuttings and be easier to check....

clone_dwc03.jpg

clone_dwc04.jpg

clone_dwc05.jpg

clone_dwc06.jpg

Not too crowded with just 4 cuttings, and I'm not likely to ever need 12 slots.

Edit: I should have mentioned I used tap water with no food or cloning agents, and I still have roots enough to transplant in under 8 days.

Last edited:
I was able to go from rooted clone to flower lighting cycle without any veg time. All of them flowered in a couple of weeks. I wanted to see if it worked and it did. I flowered them in a 5 gallon bucket with a couple of 13 watt light bulbs under my stairs in my basement. They are what I am now calling my Resident President planting. They revegged and are flowering now.

I was able to go from rooted clone to flower lighting cycle without any veg time. All of them flowered in a couple of weeks. I wanted to see if it worked and it did. I flowered them in a 5 gallon bucket with a couple of 13 watt light bulbs under my stairs in my basement. They are what I am now calling my Resident President planting. They revegged and are flowering now.
I wondered if I could get away with that. I took some pretty small cuttings, so there wouldn't be much there to flower. But all I care about for the moment is knowing if it's from the mother plant or father plant...

I was thinking I could just put a box over the ones I'm flowering in the evening, and remove it in the morning. Only place I have for flower is the grow room, and it has a selfed Auto Animal Cookies plant in the process of pollinating that multi color Auto Caramelicious plant. Wouldn't want Supafreak to get that pollen : )

Crash I gotta tell you I think the gelatin may be working. So I’ve been drinking a cup of it down the Knox unflavored kind yuck mixed in a half cup of hot water, then a little of my grandkids lemon aid mix then enough cold water to drink it down fast and warm. (I did barf one day afterwards maybe thinking of the cow parts while brushing my teeth after a night of extra drinking…)🤣 I gotta have my mind right when I drink it down… anyway my knees have actually been feeling pretty good on my dog walks and bike ride everyday and my nails are growing like crazy so maybe it’s helping them too. Maybe even my hair won’t be falling out as much anymore either. Still takes me a moment to get going in the morning but I do think the stuff actually works. Thanks for the tip 🥰

I've been taking biotin for years, my fingernails were getting really soft until I began the stuff...gotta clip and file them every few day they grow so fast...

I've been taking biotin for years, my fingernails were getting really soft until I began the stuff...gotta clip and file them every few day they grow so fast...
I think biotin is in my B complex vitamin also been taking for years. Crash suggested trying gelatin for my knees by golly I think it’s working. The hard nails is just a bonus

Crash I gotta tell you I think the gelatin may be working. So I’ve been drinking a cup of it down the Knox unflavored kind yuck mixed in a half cup of hot water, then a little of my grandkids lemon aid mix then enough cold water to drink it down fast and warm. (I did barf one day afterwards maybe thinking of the cow parts while brushing my teeth after a night of extra drinking…)🤣 I gotta have my mind right when I drink it down… anyway my knees have actually been feeling pretty good on my dog walks and bike ride everyday and my nails are growing like crazy so maybe it’s helping them too. Maybe even my hair won’t be falling out as much anymore either. Still takes me a moment to get going in the morning but I do think the stuff actually works. Thanks for the tip 🥰
I do have some pretty radical nail growth. I had always assumed it was because of hormone replacement therapy with the weekly testosterone injections. But it makes sense it's really the gelatin. I was supplementing with gelatin long before I started HRT (not counting years of steroid abuse). Of course, all my nails fell apart after the COVID shot, but that's for a different thread : )

I have been using this one I got from Amazon, but this one on ebay looks identical.

Edit: I should mention it takes a REALLY steady hand to get decent images. For me, that mostly means taking a ton of pics and sorting through them later for the ones that aren't too blurry. Sometimes I have to go out and take more because none of them were in focus : )
I Need a Close-Up that I can Tripod Mount, was born with a slight Tremor in my Left Hand & I'm Left Handed, so this is out BUT if they're cheap, I'll tear down an old Tripod & make a Stick I can carry into my tent. A 200mm f1.8 would work but they're around $4k...would rather have this because my Loop (Light table film Registration10X Glass) is missing. The Crow (my Nephew) probably took it...he's fascinated by Bright and Shiny things, just like Crows!

I Need a Close-Up that I can Tripod Mount, was born with a slight Tremor in my Left Hand & I'm Left Handed, so this is out BUT if they're cheap, I'll tear down an old Tripod & make a Stick I can carry into my tent. A 200mm f1.8 would work but they're around $4k...would rather have this because my Loop (Light table film Registration10X Glass) is missing. The Crow (my Nephew) probably took it...he's fascinated by Bright and Shiny things, just like Crows!
Once you have it mounted, you still need to have it within 1/4" or so from the target. I had mine taped to a dowel for a while which I tie wrapped to a tripod. It sort of worked as long as I turned off all the fans and waited for the plants to stop moving.

There is no way I could rig up a tripod over my girls. It would take more patience than I have and like you said crash, everything needs to be still no fans. I have pretty good luck with my slip over camera lens on my iPhone. It’s takes a few shots but like you a delete 40-50 of them to get the ones I want sometimes. Hold your breath like getting an X-ray then snap the shot and hope for the best

Found several spots on the THC Bomb that had bud rot. I removed all that I could find including one of the larger buds that had more than one spot rotting. Still at least a pound of bud on that beast, and two branches making freak-bomb seeds. Funny about the rotted sections, every one of them had spider webs on the leaves. Not spider mites, though. Wondering if spiders are laying eggs in the bud after webbing their prey to it.

The multi color caramelicious auto ended up surviving the earlier abuse somehow. I had set the pot aside because the trash bin was full and early last week noticed some new growth even though pretty much all of the fan and sugar leaves were brown and dry. A little water and light and it looks like it will make it to harvest, even if it's covered with ugly dead sugar leaves.

I also saved the branch from the other caramelicious auto that I had been spraying with colloidal silver. I dug the plant out of the trash, chopped off that branch and set it in water. It's now producing a small amount of pollen which I'm using on its colorful sister. It will be a mix of pollen from that and from the auto animal cookies I sprayed. Neither are producing much pollen, so it's good that I have two sources.

If I get enough seeds I'm hoping to start 10-20 seedlings this winter and create more seeds only from the multi colored ones. My first pollen chucker experiment, I know it takes many generations to stabilize a strain with roughly 4 generations per year. Probably take 3 years at least to get a high percentage of multi colored autos.

My home life may be coming apart at the seams, but at least the pot plants still appreciate me : )

Had to clear out most of my remaining plants. I officially have the legal limit of four and will be sticking to that for the foreseeable future. A family member is having some serious mental issues, and encounters with police have become a little too routine for comfort. I still have some males I'm waiting to collect pollen from. Not sure how VA classifies them, since they don't produce any THC.

Supafreak turned out to be a male, so I'm keeping it for now. No one will know what it is anyway. I figure it deserves a quiet fall/winter under the veg lights after all the neglect and abuse it endured recently. Still amazed it survived, and even looks healthy less than 2 weeks later.

The CSM mother plant is also looking a lot better. I removed all the ugly leaves and flushed it twice before it started looking happy again. It does still have some visible damage. I have at least 12 cuttings from it that haven't started rooting yet. As soon as they do I'm going to have to find homes for them. The CSMs have become my favorite mutant. They grow fast and only have a passing resemblance to normal weed, at least while in veg.

That's all the weed news. I also took down the cherry tomato plants. They were still producing, but they were hopelessly tangled together with tomato cages, and they were blocking some shrubs that we want to remove. Chop, chop... I had planned on removing the baby okra I planted in the early spring, but they keep making more okra. This is from three baby okra plants after just 10 (I think) days. I let a couple get to big and tough, but I kind of like them that way.

okra2.jpg

okra1.jpg

sorry You had to downsize crash. I think they would say a plant is a plant and arguing the less than 3% THC or it’s a male plant they would probably not buy unless you went to court with it and who wants to go they all that. Playing it safe while the cops randomly show up is a good idea I think. Good luck with what you’ve got going on there. Your okra looks good. That and the peppers are usually the last to pull up in the garden for me. I didn’t have okra this year but plan to plant some next summer

sorry You had to downsize crash. I think they would say a plant is a plant and arguing the less than 3% THC or it’s a male plant they would probably not buy unless you went to court with it and who wants to go they all that. Playing it safe while the cops randomly show up is a good idea I think. Good luck with what you’ve got going on there. Your okra looks good. That and the peppers are usually the last to pull up in the garden for me. I didn’t have okra this year but plan to plant some next summer
Thanks SG. My pepper plants still have lots of peppers growing. A couple of heirloom tomatoes plants as well if the tomatoes ever decide to turn red. Might end up frying them green instead of waiting.

Still haven't made up my mind on the male plants. Maybe next time we have an "official" visit, I'll ask the cops what they would do : )

Latest posts

Back