Crash Journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
good to see ya back Amigo

yeah , life is full of ups and downs , keep your chin up , this to shall pass

hey Amigo , whenever you are ready to start another garden I know someone who would be more than happy to send you some beans
I think I have some of yours @oldfogey8 sent me. I forget the name, but I was planning to grow them outdoors in the spring. I want to see if the LST I did with the THC Bomb will work with a longer grow and bigger plants. That one THC Bomb produced more bud than all six of the GSC autos combined, and cost almost nothing since I only fed it left over tomato nutes.

Here's the THC Bomb with yellowing leaves. Seems to be pretty uniform and not hurting the bud growth. It looks just like the trees sheading leaves in the fall. It never got much nitrogen because I was trying to stunt it's vertical growth. Now I'm reluctant to change what I feed it, since it did so well all summer.

thcb01.jpg

Last edited:
My pollen collection approach... I just shook the branches over the plastic sheet, then pushed the flowers that fell off with the tip of a plastic plant label. Then I pushed the flowers back into a screen, just a paint strainer tie wrapped to a mason jar lid, and ground them over the sheet to get the rest.

Here is freak show just before I got "distracted" when I collected some pollen for the THC Bomb. It was already pretty dehydrated, and I left it sitting there with no water and barely any light for, I think, 5 more days. I didn't take a pic of the remains, but all the leaves were brown and crunchy. The flowers were strangely still green, though.

fs07.jpg

The pollen I got from shaking the branches...

fs08.jpg

The "screen" I used to get the rest of the pollen from the flowers.

fs09.jpg

The collected pollen. Those are 1.5 ml vials, so not quite 6 ml, with a couple more vials in the freezer. I'm sure I could have doubled that just by putting the branches back in water for a couple of days.

fs10.jpg

My pollen collection approach... I just shook the branches over the plastic sheet, then pushed the flowers that fell off with the tip of a plastic plant label. Then I pushed the flowers back into a screen, just a paint strainer tie wrapped to a mason jar lid, and ground them over the sheet to get the rest.

Here is freak show just before I got "distracted" when I collected some pollen for the THC Bomb. It was already pretty dehydrated, and I left it sitting there with no water and barely any light for, I think, 5 more days. I didn't take a pic of the remains, but all the leaves were brown and crunchy. The flowers were strangely still green, though.

View attachment 308198

The pollen I got from shaking the branches...

View attachment 308199

The "screen" I used to get the rest of the pollen from the flowers.

View attachment 308200

The collected pollen. Those are 1.5 ml vials, so not quite 6 ml, with a couple more vials in the freezer. I'm sure I could have doubled that just by putting the branches back in water for a couple of days.

View attachment 308201
Wow thats a lot of pollen that came off of those. Did you get an itchy nose doing this? Great post 🥰

Wow thats a lot of pollen that came off of those. Did you get an itchy nose doing this? Great post 🥰
No itchy nose, but I mistakenly collected the pollen with the A/C on, and in the same room with one of the Caramelicious autos in full flower. I don't think any seeds that resulted had time to mature, but I do expect to have to dig them out of the buds when I start trimming.

Hard to say at this point. It was more difficult than usual to ID the Freakshows so Supa must’ve gotten the ‘late bloomer’ gene.

Looks like you'e got some Good Glass on your Camera Crash! I need to Buy a New Body & Glass, dropped mine a couple years ago & it's been slowly Dying ever since. At least now you can buy a Pro Series Canon Used for Pennies on the Dollar, but good glass will always be High Dollar!

Looks like you'e got some Good Glass on your Camera Crash! I need to Buy a New Body & Glass, dropped mine a couple years ago & it's been slowly Dying ever since. At least now you can buy a Pro Series Canon Used for Pennies on the Dollar, but good glass will always be High Dollar!
I used a wireless scope for that image..

Latest posts

Back