Crash Journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks SG. My pepper plants still have lots of peppers growing. A couple of heirloom tomatoes plants as well if the tomatoes ever decide to turn red. Might end up frying them green instead of waiting.

Still haven't made up my mind on the male plants. Maybe next time we have an "official" visit, I'll ask the cops what they would do : )
… asking for a friend, officer… lol. ;)

So having 5-9 plants in VA carries a $250 penalty, at least for the first offense, and in 2021, there were fewer than 2500 cannabis related arrests. Probably fewer this year due to increases in other, higher value crimes.

I only found one news article about someone getting arrested for too many (52) plants and he will spend a grand total of 10 days in jail and pay $1000 (plus expensive legal fees), and NOT be charged with a felony. He also had more than 5 lbs of bud with more than a pound in his truck.

Still can't figure out the possession side of things. More than an ounce is illegal, but you can give away up to an ounce. And if you grow one plant, you will very likely have far more than an ounce, especially at harvest time. So if the police get a warrant to look for illegal plants, it seems likely they will also search and find stored bud which is nearly impossible to keep under a pound, much less under an ounce.

Even four or less plants is illegal unless they are labeled with grower's name and marked for personal use.

Can't decide if the legislators are incompetent or evil. Probably both. Seems like they went out of their way to obfuscate the laws.

5-9 plants with a 250 penalty doesn’t seem to bad. I’ll have to look it up again but I thought it said more than an oz in public…
riding around with a pound in your truck would lead one to believe that you are not just growing it for yourself and to give to your friends. I wonder if they found the pound in his truck first, then searched his house….
I do wish the law was more clear on the amount of plants like in some states where they specify “in flower” or those with less tan 3% THC not counting. that’s the excuse I plan to give when I have my 42 clones rooting because when I went to the local grow store, they were selling clones and said that they could do so because of a loophole about plants with less than 3% THC like clones didn’t count.
I think as long as you smoke at home or use it discreetly in public and don’t carry around a pound in your truck you will be fine. I went to check some friends plants yesterday at the beach. Every patio had four plants as far as I could see around me. It was crazy. I’m not use to weed being legal to smoke yet so I still treat it like it’s not I guess in my mind.

I still don’t think they would pick up on it even in full flower. Did you ask your wife to sniff your freaks. Mine smell nothing like dead skunk
She fell for that trick once. I don't think she'd fall for it the second time.....

So my THC Bomb has two lower branches pollinated with Freak Show pollen, but it needs another couple of weeks before the seeds are mature. At the same time I'm getting serious bud rot on the rest of the plant. I don't really need the extra bud, but it hurts my feeling to see so much of it go to waste : )

So my question is how much of the plant can I harvest without killing the part growing the seeds?

The two lower branches and some of the bud rot. Yes, I saw the caterpillar in the second pic - would make a fun passion game: find the pest.
thcb01.jpg

thcb02.jpg

thcb03.jpg

thcb04.jpg

I doubt the bud rot is from the cattie tho. I mean I’m sure he’s not helping and is leaving more chance to budrot but I saw a bunch of plants yesterday (around me and crash) most all had some bud rot on them. Some had other issues too but I think budrot took over our area this year.

I doubt the bud rot is from the cattie tho. I mean I’m sure he’s not helping and is leaving more chance to budrot but I saw a bunch of plants yesterday (around me and crash) most all had some bud rot on them. Some had other issues too but I think budrot took over our area this year.
I have gotten it many times from Catties eating the bud heart and caused it.
It still needs to bad humidity for it to take hole on the damaged parts of plants, Research it

Latest posts

Back