Crash Journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On the freaks I pollinated, about half my seeds were immature. Mainly the ones highest and lowest on the bud. I am guessing that is because I continued to dust the females for a few weeks so I think the plants kept throwing up new pistils since they kept getting to ‘dance’ with the male. Have you checked any seed pods towards the middle of the buds?
I only pollinated the lower branches, or at least that was my intent. There are a few seeds in pretty much every bud, but the bottom buds are full of them. I haven't found any yet that are splitting out of the colas.

Have you heard of anyone getting popped for having a few more plants than they can legally? We can have 12 plants per household in MA but I have had more. Do they differentiate between veg and flower plants? The arbitrary number of allowed plants is kinda like the 6 ft of social distancing. Someone pulled that number out of their arse…
I do know of a few people. All of them had more to do with domestic conflict where the spouse or cousin, etc. reported it to the police because they were angry about something else. My home situation has improved some, but I do still have an irrational family member living here who occasionally "remembers" me trying to kill her.

I can have 9 plants and get little more than a ticket and a fine. But add one more and it's a misdemeanor, loss of security clearance and my career. Funny thing about it all is the only reason I can't retire is the one I'm concerned about still needs me. The gods must find my situation hilarious.

Looks like I have my first successful graft. I forget who said to use electrical tape, but it seems to have worked. Four days and it already has new growth. I'll leave the bag on until Sunday, and the tape probably the rest of the month.

gr12.jpg

I got excited and decided to risk my THC Bomb. I removed the four giant fan leaves which left a pretty small plant behind. Then grafted an ABC scion to a lower branch. I'm still not very good at wrapping the tape tightly, so I added a clip to squeeze it together. I waited 30 minutes before putting the bag on to make sure it was placed correctly. They wilt pretty quickly if they aren't.

The black stuff on the main stem is tree wound sealer. There was a lot of water dripping from where I removed the big leaves, and I tried to seal them before doing the graft. That didn't go well. I mostly just made a mess.

gr13.jpg

gr14.jpg

At least this one failed in under a day. One side of my home made plastic bag didn't seal properly when I heated it, and the scion dried up. I went ahead and trimmed the root base branch a little shorter and added another scion, this time with teflon tape and a carefully sealed bag.

gr15.jpg

gr16.jpg

Starting a few Alien OG seeds from my first grow when I didn't know what a male looked like until it was too late. Also have a couple of Freak Show seedlings and an auto something seedling growing. I seem to be losing my fear of exceeding my plant limit.

I have a hidden camera in the tent that will video anyone opening it. If I get raided, I will be sure to post the video : )

I'm also trying to start a bunch of Freak Bomb seeds in dirt, but I'm afraid the fungus I had on them a couple of weeks after harvest did them in. I've already had at least 15seeds fail to germinate. Oh well, I do have another THC Bomb growing. I can make more seeds if none of the 80 or so I have left also fail.

I opened up several swollen bracts on the CSM and didn't find any seeds. They sure look like they contain seeds, more so than the top buds I tried not to pollinate. Finally I took a small branch that I'm sure I pollinated, since there is still white powder on some of the sugar leaves, trimmed it then put it in the dehydrator at low temp. If I don't find any seeds in that, I guess I did something wrong.

Except for mixing the pollen 1:5 with with dried flour, I did exactly the same thing I have done at least 5 times before. Maybe I didn't get the flour dry enough or something. I did look on the floor to make sure they hadn't all fallen out : ) There has to be seeds in there, maybe just not as many as I had hoped.

So there were plenty of seeds on the little branch I took, but all of them were too immature to keep. The nutrient burn has advanced as well, something I was going to ignore since it's so close to harvest. But now I have to get it under control, so I can keep it going long enough to finish the seeds. It's pretty warm here today, so I think I will take it out this afternoon and flush it with the hose. Not sure what nutes I should give it to promote seed development, though.

Bummer on the seeds Bro

i am not much of a seed maker but i would probably feed her as normal?
I'm going to let it go as long as possible. If it starts to look too dire, I might end up harvesting and trying to reveg whats left. That's something else I haven't tried yet, so it will make for good entertainment even if it fails. In the mean time I have some fresh harvested bud to tryout tonight!

I'm going to let it go as long as possible. If it starts to look too dire, I might end up harvesting and trying to reveg whats left. That's something else I haven't tried yet, so it will make for good entertainment even if it fails. In the mean time I have some fresh harvested bud to tryout tonight!

i was amazed at the first plant i re-vegged , i thought there is no way

but it worked!

on a herijuana strain from Woodhorse Seeds

if your goal is seeds only , for sure let that plant go as long as she likes

aint this a fun hobby!

All the Freak Bomb seeds failed. I have about 15 more I washed in a light detergent, rinsed for 10 minutes then used the paper towel method. One has already started to get fuzzy, so it's not going to make it. I hope I get at least one going. Don't even care if it's male.

Let's see... the second ABC graft on the THC Bomb failed. I removed it and decided to wait until the plant is a little bigger.

I added a second graft to the Freak Show and that one looks good. It was my first attempt with parafilm which made it a LOT easier to align the cutting and wrap it tight. It's already been 24 hours with no wilting at all, so I'm pretty sure it's going to make it.
gr18.jpg

gr17.jpg

gr19.jpg

gr20.jpg

All the Freak Bomb seeds failed. I have about 15 more I washed in a light detergent, rinsed for 10 minutes then used the paper towel method. One has already started to get fuzzy, so it's not going to make it. I hope I get at least one going. Don't even care if it's male.

Let's see... the second ABC graft on the THC Bomb failed. I removed it and decided to wait until the plant is a little bigger.

I added a second graft to the Freak Show and that one looks good. It was my first attempt with parafilm which made it a LOT easier to align the cutting and wrap it tight. It's already been 24 hours with no wilting at all, so I'm pretty sure it's going to make it.
View attachment 317472
View attachment 317473
View attachment 317474
View attachment 317475
I think I saw in one of your posts that you use a dehydrator to dry your buds. Do you use that to dry the seeded buds as well?

I think I saw in one of your posts that you use a dehydrator to dry your buds. Do you use that to dry the seeded buds as well?
I have, yes, but I've done it with other seeds that were fine. But it's possible I dried them at 110 degrees instead of the 95 degrees I did with most of the others. Hmm, I have some from my first grow I know were dried at 110 degrees, because I didn't even know they were in there. I should try to start a bunch of those as well.

Back