Crash Journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1688830329984.png

Finally flying home tomorrow. No more flight changes. Don't know if I'll have to come back, but I think I'll be safe until at least October. Mrs Crash sent me some pics of my babies. I hardly recognize them. They've gone shaggy and completely feral. Probably attack me when I get home. I owe her big for taking care of them.

1689074737992.png

1689074762235.png

I am finally home and off work until I get back from Barbados in a week. My poor coworkers are struggling to merge all the code I wrote back under source control.

I spent the day trying to clean up the overgrowth from my 3 (4?) week absence. All of the big plants had yellow and dead inner leaves, and tons of little inner branches I hacked off. Here is the worse before and after pruning on the shorter of the MIXTLS.

1689462955986.png

1689462966977.png

I was less aggressive with the others, mostly because I was already tired of pruning. Here's that same plant in the big 4X4. Not sure I can flower it in there, and it's the smaller of the two.

1689463071494.png

It's back in the grow room so I can water both siblings with the same pump while I'm away.

1689463177073.png

I have the auto watering setup for the three biggest plants in the main room. I'm only going to be gone for week, so the smaller ones will be okay with just some extra water in the overflow pan I think.
1689463270077.png

The big one on the table, the THCB, has a bad case of nitrogen burn. I dunno what happened. Maybe I forgot and left one of the reservoirs full of the once a week nutrient solution. I thought the reservoirs were all filled with just water and a little cal-mag. Anyway I flushed it today with hose water. I hope it looks better when I get back next week.
1689463428301.png

I have the auto watering setup for the three biggest plants in the main room. I'm only going to be gone for week, so the smaller ones will be okay with just some extra water in the overflow pan I think.
View attachment 334062

The big one on the table, the THCB, has a bad case of nitrogen burn. I dunno what happened. Maybe I forgot and left one of the reservoirs full of the once a week nutrient solution. I thought the reservoirs were all filled with just water and a little cal-mag. Anyway I flushed it today with hose water. I hope it looks better when I get back next week.
View attachment 334063
I don’t think the TL crosses stretch that much in flower. The TGxTL doesn’t and my brother hasn’t seen much stretch on the Mimosa cross.

Nice work to Mrs Crash. She preserved your jungle well.

I don’t think the TL crosses stretch that much in flower. The TGxTL doesn’t and my brother hasn’t seen much stretch on the Mimosa cross.

Nice work to Mrs Crash. She preserved your jungle well.
I suppose even if they do stretch, I'm not shy about bending branches. Right now I'm trying to decide if I should try flowering both of them in the small grow room at the same time. They have plenty of room to stretch in there, but not a lot of space to spread out. But I could flip them today and give them 7 days to stretch while I'm getting sunburned.

I owe Mrs Crash a lot for all her hard work. And there's no doubt in my mind she will be collecting very soon!

So I set my BN-Link seven day timer to come on for 4 minutes at 8PM Sunday, Wednesday, and Friday. I used last night as a trial run, even though I have used this in the past with no issues. This morning, one pump was still running and the other burned up. ALL the water in both 15 gallon reservoirs had been pumped into the pots.

I'm asking a friend to come over and check on the plants. I clearly can't rely on these timers.

The thing that really annoys me is Vivosun now sells the exact same timer with the exact same programming. They didn't even change the names on the buttons. And the reviews show they have the exact same problems.

Latest posts

Back