Crash Journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have used water, alcohol, and dish soap mixed and sprayed on mites and aphids which was pretty effective. I use 1/3 alcohol to 2/3 water with a spoon full of dish soap.
I tried that, but I don't think I used enough alcohol. There was more like 10% or a little less.

Yeah, use more alcohol. 1/3 is just about right. You can always spray everything off with clean water after it sets for about 15 mins. I always repeat every other day until they are gone just in case some eggs made it.
You just got them drunk. 😁

Hopper, you use regular rubbing type alcohol?
Yes sir. 91% alcohol. Same shit I clean my bong with. Kills any bugs it touches. The good thing is that it will evaporate. I like to rinse it off with fresh water after it sets for a little bit just to get the soap off the leaves.

Yes sir. 91% alcohol. Same shit I clean my bong with. Kills any bugs it touches. The good thing is that it will evaporate. I like to rinse it off with fresh water after it sets for a little bit just to get the soap off the leaves.
30% alcohol kicked their butts. They were still moving after getting sprayed with double the recommended spinosad concentrate, but they stopped immediately when hit with the alcohol spray.

I'm glad i could help you brother Crash. That's what the Passion is all about.
I think Spinosad is a great preventative. Never used it on an infestation. And i won't use Spinosad once my veggies and fruit start to set. I don't trust anything on my actual veggies or fruits unless it's all-natural. They do say it's safe and won't hurt if it's on your fruit or veggies but i still don't trust it. Thats just me. Thats why i like the Alcohol mixture.

Last edited:
Next time I do this I want to try different strains instead of two clones from the same plant. It was an interesting experiment either way.

1686946577618.png

Brought these out to do some defoliation. I'm starting to think there's no way they are going to fit in the 4X4 to flower, even one at a time. Maybe flower the THCB on the table in there, and one of the MXTLs at a time in the small grow room with the tall ceiling. I may flip them as soon as I get back from Germany, and give our pet sitter some extra cash (or weed) to water them.

1686947136949.png

1686947151373.png

Brought these out to do some defoliation. I'm starting to think there's no way they are going to fit in the 4X4 to flower, even one at a time. Maybe flower the THCB on the table in there, and one of the MXTLs at a time in the small grow room with the tall ceiling. I may flip them as soon as I get back from Germany, and give our pet sitter some extra cash (or weed) to water them.

View attachment 331255
View attachment 331256
Get some of that netting they use when you buy a Christmas tree from a lot…😁

Come to think of it, I have bought Christmas trees that aren’t as full as those. Nice work.

I found a spider mite on two different leaves of a CSM clone this morning. I chopped it immediately, of course, and sprayed it with Raid. One mite is an anomaly, two is an infestation.

It was on the shop floor while everything else is sitting on tables. I'll wait a few days and see if anything else is infested. If there's any on the other plants, they are all going in the trash. No way I'm going to Germany for two weeks with infested plants in the shop, and no chance I'm going to stick one in the flower tent to flip.

The MXTLs are in the other room, so hopefully they will be immune either way. I can flower them in there, so even if they do get mites I will probably try to keep them to harvest. It will sure change my plans for everything else, though.

Since nothing in there is flowering, I'm going to hang a couple of pest strips while I'm gone. Those things worked well last year.

I guess only two spider mites got in. I sprayed the grass with Seven at twice the recommended concentrate. Even sprayed the shop floor. I looked at every plant in as much detail as I could and found no signs of mites, and I'm very sensitive to spider mite damage : ) That was too close for comfort.

I had forgotten all about this little one. What a surprise. It's the Blue Dream Auto I bought from Royal King that was so small compared to it's crib mate Bubble Gum Auto that I pulled it out of the pot and stuck (tossed more like) it in the raised garden. It's a tiny plant, and with all the rain we have coming will probably have bud rot when I get back from Germany, but it's got some impressive survival abilities.

1687378835418.png

Thirty hours on planes and in airports, 3 late flights and two missed flights, and rerouted through Amsterdam, but I finally made it. Hertz closed on me before I got in, so I had to rent a second car from Sixth. The lady told me they only had one car available, and I was too tired to argue. I didn't realize what she meant was she only had one automatic available. I guess she just assumed an American couldn't drive a stick <sigh>.

Now here I am at the facility, living/sleeping in an empty office. Not sure if I should call it the pit or the frat house. My three coworkers are still asleep at 9:30AM having tied one on last night. Even worse, Slosh Fest is all next week meaning it's going to happen at least a couple more times this week. It's hard to believe I used to enjoy living here in the 90's. I hope my plants are okay without me : )

Latest posts

Back