Crash Journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I set my BN-Link seven day timer to come on for 4 minutes at 8PM Sunday, Wednesday, and Friday. I used last night as a trial run, even though I have used this in the past with no issues. This morning, one pump was still running and the other burned up. ALL the water in both 15 gallon reservoirs had been pumped into the pots.

I'm asking a friend to come over and check on the plants. I clearly can't rely on these timers.

The thing that really annoys me is Vivosun now sells the exact same timer with the exact same programming. They didn't even change the names on the buttons. And the reviews show they have the exact same problems.
Yeah the AC Infinity programming was confusing at first. I distinctly remember setting lights for a specific on off. It wasn’t shutting off I was just lucky I noticed a tiny stream of light. To me the programming for mine isn’t my style but I figured it out. I do need to get a battery backup and small inside led lights in case power drops and to plug the controller in.

Now I only make changes I can verify which isn’t so bad. Once verified it never veers so far at least

Yeah the AC Infinity programming was confusing at first. I distinctly remember setting lights for a specific on off. It wasn’t shutting off I was just lucky I noticed a tiny stream of light. To me the programming for mine isn’t my style but I figured it out. I do need to get a battery backup and small inside led lights in case power drops and to plug the controller in.

Now I only make changes I can verify which isn’t so bad. Once verified it never veers so far at least
I tested it again today, and of course it worked perfectly. Not sure what I could have done wrong. You set an on day and time and an off day and time. The days were the same and the off time was 4 minutes later than the on time. Oh well, I guess I should have trusted my friend before a year old timer I dug out of a box : )

I tested it again today, and of course it worked perfectly. Not sure what I could have done wrong. You set an on day and time and an off day and time. The days were the same and the off time was 4 minutes later than the on time. Oh well, I guess I should have trusted my friend before a year old timer I dug out of a box : )
I had a hell of a time figuring out how to set upper and lower temps and humidity on all the fans and light levels to achieve what I want. Twice I walked by and the humidity was 90% because I got the high and low levels backward and the exhaust fan was off. Seemed more logical to me to do it the other way

Still trying to get to Barbados, still on the ground in Miami. The flight has been delayed by a mechanical problem, then thunder storms, then a medical emergency that sent us back to the gate. Now we're waiting for a medical kit replacement, a clean up crew and two new pilots as the ones we had "timed out". I should have stayed with the plants.

Back on the plane. They just told us they are waiting on catering, and it would be another 20 minutes... no more AA flights for me : )
It almost seems like they could have waited until catering was done before loading passengers back onto the plane. Unless you are in first or business class, sitting on the plane is not comfortable. Thanks Mayor Pete!

Well. Barbados is nice once you get there. Nothing much has changed since 2019 except everything is 4 time the price. The USD is still twice the Barbados dollar. No idea how these people make a living.

Wild life is about the same as before. Birds cats and the occasional monkey.

I have smelled weed but not found any to smoke myself. 10 years ago I did some mountain biking here with the locals and passed by and through several fields of the stuff. So I k ow it's around. With the short gray hair and build I probably look too much like Leo to be trusted.

Miss my plants. Hope they survive. I don't miss work. Lol. I think I have one foot out the door already. It wouldn't take a lot to push me the rest of the way.

I tried starting 25 BSHW seeds I had picked up from the bottom of the tent. I figured anything I could have done to the seeds to cause them to fail would have happened after that. Unfortunately, it's been 3 days and not one has germinated.

Could I have gotten them too hot? It might have been in the upper 90's in there on occasion.

I'm trying some seeds I got from the big tent next. The temps in there never got over 85 degrees.

I managed to flip three of the larger plants, with one more waiting for the big tent. The tallest MXTL is in the little grow room by itself with the lights pressing against the ceiling. It won't take much stretching before I start bending branches.
1690668908498.png

The shorter of the two MXTLS is in the 4X4 with the light as close to the top of the tent as possible. I'm pretty sure I will be bending branches is a couple of weeks. Not sure I made the right decision to put just one light in there. I think more light would have been better, but I'm not changing it now.

1690669117516.png

The last is the smaller CSM plant I had planned on reversing before all the work and vacation trips got in the way. Now it's just going to make buds and no pollen. It's in the 32"X32"X60" tent, again with the lights as high as I could make them. I need to add another fan in there. This is the tent I had the BSHW plants in that made a ton of dead seeds. I hope this one makes a ton of good bud...

1690669347655.png

The largest, the THCB, is still in the main room. After the over watering incident and the subsequent running out of water incident I was sure it would die on me. But here it is looking ugly but once again growing furiously. I moved it from a 5 gallon to a 10 gallon pot and plan to let it grow through the fall while the others flower. It already won't fit in the big tent, and I think it will be too big for the grow room before I have a place to flip it. My wife is going to be mad at me, but I'm pretty sure it's going to end up flowering outside in November and December.

1690669716152.png

After five days one BSHW seed popped. I read in a couple of places cannabis seeds can sometimes take weeks to pop. Not sure I believe that, but there's no problem keeping the paper towel damp and warm. I'll let the rest stay in there until they pop or turn fuzzy.

1690847346624.png

I added another light to the grow room and wedged the "large" CSM plant in with the MXTL. The little CSM plant has been growing at least a month longer than the MXTL. I didn't realize until tonight just how much bigger the MXTL is.

1690932898061.png

And speaking of big plants, I started worrying the out of control THCB was going to start eating my neighbor's cats. The cage isn't exactly my best work, but it will at least keep the branches from stretching across the floor anymore.

1690933063207.png

In a weak moment last night I ordered a SF-2X4 tent so I could grow some normal sized plants while flowering all the monsters I ended up with after the summer travel. First up will be @Carty 's GDPA regular to hopefully make some regular auto seeds. That should take me into December when all but one of the big plants should be about ready for harvest. Might start another Supafreak as well to see if the mutant buds the last one made were a fluke. Of course I will keep the MXTL and BSHW clones going.

You will need another Christmas tree this year and as I recall, freaks make a pretty good substitute.
Oy yeah, I forgot about that. Have to start another Freakshow. The Supafreak turned into a tangled ball of limbs. Would never have worked for a Christmas tree. Maybe one of the MXTL clones would work as well. They grow big enough for sure.

Oy yeah, I forgot about that. Have to start another Freakshow. The Supafreak turned into a tangled ball of limbs. Would never have worked for a Christmas tree. Maybe one of the MXTL clones would work as well. They grow big enough for sure.
I am happy watching you grow that. Looking forward to seeing flowers on the MXTL and @Flower ’s Lucky Lemon. Call me curious and hopefully for both of you, proud. I would feel badly if you guys get crappy harvests after all the work.

I am happy watching you grow that. Looking forward to seeing flowers on the MXTL and @Flower ’s Lucky Lemon. Call me curious and hopefully for both of you, proud. I would feel badly if you guys get crappy harvests after all the work.
Big plants with small buds? Nah, that seems pretty unlikely at this point.

Latest posts

Back