early start grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1. Inside the ezcloner (those roots once they start just went crazy).
2. First results of the cloner, four purps (one that went to flower and i snipped the flower top off) and two Sugar Granddaddy Purple:D

Now the cloner is gonna be a real help starting plants. I am gonna get some seeds soon, start them and keep a mother plant or two going thru the winter.

With the clones we did in dirt, and these six, i now have nine. I also have twelve plants in flower, tho some i will revedge. There are two established plants (from the inside) that have not flowered, both are plants that He put out early in the cold. As always he amazes me.

tmpphpcLE5YC.jpg

tmpphpZPmp7t.jpg

1. one of the plants that went out early, this lil' girl is an amethyst/Northern lights cross, she is short and shaped just like a xmas tree. All up her stem she is full of bud, she will not be revedged. Her total height is under two feet.

2. A pic of the plant that i have pollenated. Amethyst/Northern lights crossed with Purps by BC seed company. She is showing maybe twenty or thirty seeds that i can see. She has also gotten a total different color than she was a week ago, much more yellow/purple in her fan leaves. She has maybe three more weeks or so till i will check her seeds, she will have a total of eight weeks flowering on the twenty third of june. She smells awsome!

tmpphpLXVspi.jpg

tmpphpBY7cgb.jpg

Night before last i took the girl that is pictured above for her seeds. She had at least seven/eight weeks flowering, but five for sure since she was pollenated. Her Trichs were 50% cloudy, 10% amber. She was beautiful and smelled heavenly (still does drying).

I just read a post on the FIM method of topping. I did this to one of my plants because she was growing into the light all the time. Below (1) find a pic of her, she is flowering now. Hopefully she will not revedge before she finishes with her flowers.

This plant shows signs of revedging already (2), single leaves at the sights of new growth. The bud look dark purple (this is one of the plants that was put outside very early and had to withstand cold weather, tho covered at night).

I have also put the new clones outside, the six we did from the cloner are - four in three gallon pots and two (Sugar Grandaddy Purple) sharing a HUGE tub. The three we did in dirt are still in gallon pots. Need more big containers.

Two of the original Sugar Grandaddy Purple , the youngest and one oldest of them, i pinched all the flowers off of hoping they will grow larger and revedg faster.

Now the count is -

10 in flower (1 struggling to revedg)
9 young clones in vedge
2 with flowers picked off trying to force them to revedg quicker. (think i should give them heavy doses of nitrogen?)

tmpphp4ezbjl.jpg

tmpphpaoUK4Z.jpg

Wonderful laid back Sunday. Testing the bud i took last Monday. Took the seeds from half the buds today. As the weather has been cool here, i only took half of the seeds, the large bud i put back to dry longer.

The smoke report on this is GREAT. Nice smooth hit from the pipe, no taste of hay, light sensation on the tounge after a hit. The high is more mental, i feel no desire to sit and on the couch or nap. I am actually organizing my photos of this grow. Took three hits from the pipe with the finger hash (just a bit) added. Very nice high.

This was the Amethyst/Northernlights Bud i took that i had pollenated. Find a tribute to her below. (pics of the same bud, one with flash, seeds can be seen breaking the calix).

tmpphpeGCiIU.jpg

tmpphp5FcG7G.jpg

Hell yeah tc, looks great. Good to hear your enjoying the fruits of your labor.

Fox Farms where I live is $15.00 dollars a bag

The Plants I put outside before mothers day last month all went to flower. These are five of them.

1. lil' shortie, Amethyst/Northern lights, was put out in April, tho covered. This plant is ahead of all others a minimum of two weeks.
2. Amthyst/Northern lights, put out in April
3. Rob's Kush, put out before mother's day.
4. Mango, also put out before mother's day.
5. Purps by BC seed company, out before mother's day.
6. Purps by BC seed company, i put this one up because of how the stems are so dark red/purple, this is the only Purps to get this dark of stems. It is also the plant i did the FIM method to. It also has buds showing.

Only number 2 will be alowed to revedge as it is on it's way right now. I hope these buds mature before they try to hard to revedge. Number one will for sure.:D

tmpphpakjYBU.jpg

tmpphpJjLc7T.jpg

tmpphptxVs1Q.jpg

tmpphp5c1DiW.jpg

tmpphp9hvqPt.jpg

tmpphpGwCzue.jpg

Have finished taking the seeds from the bud above that i pollenated. Got maybe 150, with fifty at least that look nice and dark brown. Most were underdeveloped, but that is understandable. I just didnt want this plant to revedge and it was showing signs of it. So fifty seeds are very satisfactory for me. And it smokes great, not a heavy high, a nice light stone, and does not make you want to sleep.

looks liek your kiking some pretty tasty buds, keep up the good work.

Lovin the pics. You have one heck, of a green thumb.;)

Looking great, keep it up...:hubba:

When i put these girls out in May, they were "tricked" into going into flower because the light i had them on inside was about an hour less (and much more intense) than the light they got outside. So even tho, i had very similar light scheduals they went into flower almost immediatly.
Now they have been flowering for five weeks, they are starting to show signs of revedging. Soooooo.....here is my plan. i am going to put a black plastic bag over each one at about the time the air cools some in the evening. Bout 8:30 pm, as the sun hits the horizon about 8 pm, now. Then in the morning, i am gonna take the bag off them at 8 am (tho it starts to get light before 5 am) before the sun hits the garden. The sun here does not hit till almost nine as i live on the side of a mountain.
Does anyone have any comments on whether this will work?
I dont want to take them, as you can see in the above pics post, they are nicely on their way to maturity and most of the trichs are clear, if not all. They can not be alowed to revedge and bud again, as there are plants in vedge now, that will take their places in the legal count.

Find below, the plant that is shaped like a mini xmas tree. She i am bringing inside and putting in the early in the evening. She is in a smaller pot than the others. She started flowering 6-7 weeks ago, she was one of the plants set out early (april).

Here is the xmas tree pics......forgot to upload before posting :shocked: :shocked:

tmpphpcCrA73.jpg

tmpphpEhfEv0.jpg

I think a bag or tarp would work fine to help regulate the lighting schedule. I would look into making a frame of some sort, to keep it far enough off the plant to allow for a good amount of air flow though. I would be worried about how the bag or tarp would spike humidity with any sort of light contact.

If you have any buds on these girls, I might be worried about bud rot and mildew. But with a simple frame to allow for air flow, I think you would be ok.

Good luck and keep us posted.:)

Thot i would try a bag out tonight, on one, see how it went. there will be no direct sun on the bag, but the air flow, you might be right there. they are in bud, look above at the pics labeled "ladies in flower". i had some plants revedge last year, and this year i got some clones that will take up my limit on flowering plants when they start. So i am gonna try the bags. the plants and containers are like five feet tall, and there are like i think eight. So, i am not gonna be able to frame them in something. Thanks for the thot tho, if they were smaller, would prolly do that.

i wouldnt use them bags if i were you. if your gonna put plastic around em..definitly make a frame out of pvc.ive lost a good 10-15 plants throughout the yrs due to mold from using bags.

Okay due to overwhelming advise, no plastic bags. I think what i will do is just let them do what they want (one i am taking tho, most of it tomarrow. Gonna leave most of the bottom half of the plant). When they get cut down, i will do that jar and panty hose thing and take the trichs that way, try to make a bit of keif (or hash, not sure which). So the ladies are safe from mold and i wont have to mess with getting out there exactly on time to take the bags off.

The one xmas tree is comming in at night, she has about two more weeks and she will be a historic xmas tree.

Thanks to all who replied or read my thread on the bags.

Latest posts

Back