early start grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This morning woke to the sound of thunder! Ten minutes later hail was falling the size of large peas. Didnt last long, tho it rained for awhile.

Find below,

1. Sugar Grandaddy Purple, revedging nicely, tho i dont expect it to get much taller, the branches are growing wider.

2. the south side of the garden, the new clones are comming along nicely. See the plant to the right, the big vedging bush? it has put on over ten inches in two weeks and looks nothing like it's sister plants. This was one that was put out in the early spring, and covered at night.

3. one of the plants that i am attempting LST with. I plan on running this plant horizontal to the ground connecting it to the fence.

LDY

tmpphp3zJBWQ.jpg

tmpphpspGBff.jpg

tmpphp6kZuIZ.jpg

:eek:

HELLO... Everything is going good for you I see! :farm:
Nice girls. My "Grandmommy" Purple Mother :rofl: looks like yours... I was wondering if she'd ever grow. Maybe not, huh?
Things are looking up here. I'm trying to get revegged myself! I feel like drinking a bottle of Thrive to see if I get stronger with all the shocks I've been through the past few weeks.
What drama.:confused: Well, life will be getting better.
I sent you a private message and an e-mail. Hope your dad is doing well... and you too. It's tough caring for parents... but we love them anyway! Hang in there Buddy. :ciao:

Wakin' to the sound of thunder is not always a good thing this time of year.
did i hear someone yell FIRE?

i think this county is the last priority for putting fires out, cause when it burns, only Bambies home is usually threatened. So the forest burns....the sky darkens, and the sunsets, well the sunsets are beautiful.

- Transplanted the last four clones that were in the three gallon buckets....they were nicely rooted, tho not bound. Did this at two in the afternoon, due to time restrictions....amazingly they did not droop but for bout ten minutes...used B12 solution and watered well before leaving them alone.
- the husband found a box of "bat Guano" by fox farms in the hardware store, it is a fine mix of microbes (I guess)....mostly for budding, but of course, he had to give all the girls a taste....putting it on the top of the soil (the budding girls will like it i hope), and mixing some into the soil of the lil clones that got transplanted.

Below find the view from my desk, last night, bout eight....that pic does not do justice to the orginal red of that disk the Sun.:fid:

in edit....Out there as i type, there are firefighters..but just not as many as there could be. May the Great Spirit/God watch over them.

tmpphpydPGQp.jpg

un fire.JPG

:holysheep: I watched the lightening the other night for hours... It was like the fourth of July here... very awesome.
I'm so sorry it caused problems in your neck of the woods. It does make for a great photo-op though. Nice picture.
The horses were not real happy with all the crashing noise from the thunder, and they huddled together in the middle of the field!! Not a safe place... Thankfully none got hit by any bolts. I wasn't going to risk my neck to walk out there. It was hitting way too close. I love my horses, but there's a limit.
I hope some help comes to your area to get those fires out!
Take care my friend. Ette.
:peace:

Drove over to the coast yesterday, thru fire zone. Visibility was around a quarter mile at most on the way over. Saw the fire actually burning across the river, as i drove down the hiway.

Below find the "New River" drainage, i stopped at a vista point and snapped these tow pics, they go side by side. Some of you "old timers" may remember back in the seventies of hearing (in high times) of Denny Area being raided by the FBI (and eventually by CAMP) for growing "KILLER" weed. I think some of America's first Sensimillia was grown back up in that area. It is so sparsely populated, that i imagine these fires will just be left to burn till the fire crews stop the fires elsewhere. Property comes first.

on the first two pics below, they are like almost a perfect panarama, the left one..looking up the new river, the right one looking up the other river. if i had looked straight down from that spot on the bluff, i would see both rivers converge, this is like a long long way down.

Also find below, a lil "momma" plant i brought back from the coast.:D
While there, stopped into a despencery for my first time. The feeling was unreal, buying pot legally. Got myself some sour deisel for $20, a 1/16 she said...was cool checking out her "samples" and was uncool finding out that seeds (not there but at another place) are going for like $15 a seed! The nice lady, told me where i could get clones around the corner! So, maybe next year i may try some clones from there.

It is getting hard to take a deep breath comfortably outside here, and i look out the window and see that some leaves on the budding flowers...are turning yellow. I wonder if this lack of direct sun will tell my vedging plants to go to flower......gosh i hope not.:holysheep:

tmpphpbmdrsj.jpg

tmpphpB8AsrC.jpg

ctmpphpAXwByq.jpg

Got to say, now that i have her permission, this lil momma bubble gum, is from Ettesun. Repotted her yesterday, and got permission to give Ettesun the credit for the pretty lil girl.

Hope she survives the smoke here. It is getting real bad.:eek:

tmpphpkVtkIQ.jpg

Fires.....??? What the HECK is going on with Cali this year. We have had 3 fires of good size in Santa Cruz Co. alone.

Really sorry to hear about all the trouble going on your way. Keep your heads up and be safe.

Mucho Kudos to ette. That little plant is beautiful...!!:hubba::D

Best wishes to you and yours, hang in there. ;) This will be a crummy fire year I think.

You can come down to the coast. You know where I am...
If you need some fresh air...
She looks good in that new planted... and just an FYI for legally purposes, she is a gift... no funny stuff here! :giggle: Your buddy, Ette. Bye Bye for now.

so sorry tcbud,,, hope them flames stays far enough away from them pretty plants,,, and hopfully that smoke will die out soon enough,,,,so all can breathe better

Yep, that lil girl was a gift...am keeping her lite up twentyfour hours a day.....trying to figure out what to do with her.....clones are what i am thinking, but if i do that, i got to get another light, cause it is getting kinda late to put out more clones....as it would take over a week...to get them to root. So for now, she is staying up all night vedging.
The smoke is driving me to the valley, gonna see if there is a air filter somewhere in some store left down there. Will be able to take some deep breaths while down there i hope, it cant be as bad as here.

:holysheep: If you and your Dad need a place to hang out a while or a few days let me know. Must be just horrible. I had that happen once when I lived in the mountains east of here and I had to bring my little family down to the coast. I know how horrible it must be... hot, dry, and you can't breathe. I'm so sorry you are going through this. My thoughts and prayers are with you and family and your home. Be safe. Big Hug, J. aka Ettesun

More smoke, and more smoke.

the leaves on some of the budding plants are turning yellow very quickly now. I beleive this is normal, tho i wonder if they would have turned so quickly if it was not so smokey here.

find below

1. The garden
2. Two plants, sister seeds, treated exactly the same, except the larger one on the right tried to flower and i picked that flower and now it is the "monster" of the garden.
3. Three of the "new" clones. Two in the back pot.

The "new" (meaning the most recent from the cloner and just transplanted last week, from 3 gal. pots) clones are doing very well, one of them took the growth record this week, ten inches! in one week.:eek:

tmpphpipyISQ.jpg

tmpphp7F0wxL.jpg

post4.JPG

This little girl was a petite 1'9.5" today when i took her. If i had indoor plants she would be my dream plant.:D

I am trying to take some of the flowering plants before they revedge too far. I have been watching her trichs closely and told myself as soon as i see one amber, she would come down. As i groomed her, i checked each level of bud and found very few "amber" trichs, very few "clear" trichs and almost 95% of very very short "cloudy" trichs. There were some long trichs but most were right on the leaf. They were nicely white cloudy.

This little girl was the first to pop as a seed. She was also one of the adventurous plants that were put out in April. She was also the first to flower in late April. She flowered a little over eight weeks total. She shows signs of revedging and i didnt want her to revedge.

Her whole stalk was nice and thick with bud. Her pistles are still white mostly, and her calaxes are probably not as swollen as i would have liked. But, she is gonna be some nice smoke for the "heady" stone. Giving her a high compliment, i have to say, "she stinks".:rolleyes:

post1.JPG

post2.JPG

post3.JPG

bpom2.JPG

wow nice going i wish i liven so secluded i could have a nice outdoor crop like that.... i wouldent want to leave them babies behind witht he fires id be out their with a hose haha....

The closest fire is bout 14 miles from me East, one southwest (complex, means more than one), and two West . i have lived with fires closer but never have had to evacuate. I feel for those who are having to evacuate, the stress of not knowing must be awful. The smoke is still here, the fires elsewhere are being contained slowly, and when they are, the fire fighters will be reassigned to this area. (i just heard the town of Big Sur was evacuated, and i thot they were getting a handle on that one)

The reason that these fires burn so badly is that Smokey the Bear is not managing the National Forests well. imho. There is just to much undergrowth, and now that logging is close to a standstill cause of an owl. Beleive it or not loggers clean underbrush when logging, and they provide roads that lead into the forests for fire to use when needed (they replant where they log "selectively"). They also provide a better economic base (from taxes on lumber or logs) for our schools and county purses (our one hospital is in constant danger of closing).
And now, the State Government wants to pass a bill that will limit growth (county property taxes run this county) because they dont want houses built without water or sewer systems in place (this is never gonna happen), or Standing Fire Departments (of which there are none, we rely on the Volunteer fire departments and Cal Dept of Fires). So, this county is about to get reemed once agian by the State government. So SAD. But, who knows, the bill may never be passed. Nuff said on that topic. Guess i am just venting, just learned of that bill yesterday.

Just caught up on your grow and I just love all the pictures and I to LOVE your office and wish I had a view like that to look at everyday! Your plants look amazing and I love your setup girl, seems that you have things under control thats for sure. Hopefully the air will soon be clean and fresh and once again breathable. Good luck to you and your babies thanks for sharing.

One of the "new" clones hermied. Have no idea why, but am looking real close at the others now. That hermie is now history, and over the hill.

Been out lookin each day to see if i have another hermi:shocked: , just hated choppin' down that pretty plant.

So, find below....

1. The nutes i am using, tho i have yet to use the Big Bud this year, and just bought the ChaChing and havent used it either. The fish ferts, dont beleive it, it stinks!
2. My attempt at LST (also shown at the top of this page), i have actually had to tie down some of the growth to let in light. The main stalk is no longer growing as it was, it seems other stems have decided to be the MAIN cola. These two plants started life as real small clones, i didnt really think would make it.
3. The bushy plants are the "new" clones. Still putting on five inches a week, so far (also shown at the top of this page).
4. The Garden from the east side.
5. The plant that was in the same pot with the Hermie. Maybe he gave his life so she could spread:hubba:
6. The tomatoes i keep telling the hydro guy about when i want to ask bout growing pot....

mp1.JPG

mp2.JPG

mp3.JPG

mp4.JPG

mp5.JPG

mp6.JPG

tcbud said:
Been out lookin each day to see if i have another hermi:shocked: , just hated choppin' down that pretty plant.

So, find below....

1. The nutes i am using, tho i have yet to use the Big Bud this year, and just bought the ChaChing and havent used it either. The fish ferts, dont beleive it, it stinks!
2. My attempt at LST, i have actually had to tie down some of the growth to let in light. The main stalk is no longer growing as it was, it seems other stems have decided to be the MAIN cola. These two plants started life as real small clones, i didnt really think would make it.
3. The bushy plants are the "new" clones. Still putting on five inches a week, so far.
4. The Garden from the east side.
5. The plant that was in the same pot with the Hermie. Maybe he gave his life so she could spread:hubba:
6. The tomatoes i keep telling the hydro guy about when i want to ask bout growing pot....

Nice looking pines ladies... Awesome green thumb you have.

:lama:

Just cruisin' through checking on you and your girls.
Glad you are home and the smoke is thinning out a bit.
We caught some of the smoke here on the coast... The moon was red... weird.
Things are looking great at the farm. Gorgeous girls you've got.
Take care...

:peace: :bolt:

Latest posts

Back