early start grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The garden changed today. The revedging plants are gone (the grand daddys are still there tho, two of them are vedging still). They are drying and were clipped up and will be made into hash later in the year (most of the trichs were clear and some cloudy). The Amethyst plant was mostly worth saving, her trichs were almost all cloudy. So she is hanging nicely in the drying area downstairs.

It is much easier to walk into the garden now and you dont have to worry about smashing up against the plants in the back. The light will reach the plants better now that they have more room too.

Pictures soon, i am still very bummed. Next year, i am not gonna do this again. Next year, only start one or two over the amount i can have in bud. It was real hard taking those plants before their time.

I love all fellow growers! I love to see bud, perferably mine!LOL
Way to go!

Will be looking for the Kush report.

So when did you say I could come visit? :D Im affraid I wont leave if I do cause those buds look TOOO GOOD! Just let me know and ill pack the cat up and we will head your way...and dont forget I WORK FOR WEED! lol.

Looks good girlfriend...I wish I had your backyard. LUCKY!

:48:

Sorry KGB, the smoke report on the kush is drying on a screen downstairs, getting ready to go into the "make hash later" bag. Tho the kush i grew last year was one of the stoniest plants of all them. (last years report, the kush was nice and green colored, smooth tasting, good body/head high, and had a minty flavor. The husband and daughter liked it best of all last fall.)

Oh, and sorry Megan for not answereing your question, finger hash is the sticky stuff you get on your fingers when making the buds ready for drying or trimming them up. You rub your fingers together hard over something and then try to get all that black stuff off and into a little nug. Then you put it in your pipe and smoke it. It is basicly just trichs that have rubbed off on your fingers. Also, come on by any time Megan, i got lots for you to do around here, keep you as stoned as you like, lol...

Find below,
1. The Garden from my desk. (all pics are taken from second story window)
2. Tuffy and the old Purps (plants that were put out in April) Back Right Side of Garden
3. Right back of Garden
4. "new" clone, some of these are sitting up on other pots with soil in them to get them the most sun as possible. Like the plant in the back corner of the third pic is on a pot.:woohoo: they just look taller in the pics, than they actually are. Tho, pic 2 shows the tallest plants in the garden.

reorganized garden 1.JPG

reorganized garden 2.JPG

reorganized garden 3.JPG

reorganized garden 4.JPG

The smoke is back, we had a few very nice days, but due to the wind (that made the smoke go away) the fires have blown up again. We lost some firefighters in a helio crash, and one had a tree fall on him, may they rest in peace. FireFighters are True American Heros in my book. I hope this ends soon.

Find below,

1-4 The Three Oldest Plants in the Garden, 3 weeks into flower.
two amethyst+northernlights
one Purps
taken bout seven last evening, you can see the smoky sky behind the plants. Ash still rains on them.

5-7 Some of the "New Clones" done in the ezcloner, two weeks into flower.

8 My attempt at LST, this plant decided it just didnt want to grow along the fence, tho i have two stalks still tied to the fence. It is also two weeks in flower. Cloned in dirt. Purps
i have never uploaded this many in one post.:holysheep:

three week in flower M.JPG

three week in flower P.JPG

three week in flower T.JPG

three week in flower T and purp.JPG

new clone 2 wk flr.JPG

new clone 2 wk flr 2.JPG

new clone 2 wk flr 3.JPG

new clone 2 wk flr LST.JPG

hi tcbud sorry i havnt been in earlier ,,,your garden and plants look fantastic they are truley amazing
sorry to hear of the fires again and the lives lost
i wish u safe
take care :48:
ps ill have to try that finger hash next trim ,,thanks :heart:

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :**: :**:

Ok no smoke report..lol..

Plants are really bushie.. Nice garden buddy.lol :eek:

Hey girl lookin good! Cant believe the smoke is back! Know what that means? I take back what I said last time...Your gonna have to come stay with me girlfriend, you may not want to leave, and kiki will love you to death literally :D And I wont make you work for weed BUT I will make you teach me how to make my garden look as good as yours. :) :D

I talked to two FireFighters yesterday while taking dear Dad out for a hot dog. They said the closest fire to me (there is another complex but it is not as near) will be "contained" in five days. That means the circle will be closed around it by fire lines. Then it is burn out and clean up. He said the river is part of the fire line. Back when this started i visited Ettesun and saw the fire burning down to the river that day. It was a strange feeling seeing the flames comming down the bank to the river. Creepy and Scarey. Every time a FireFighter is near enough to thank I tell them thank you.

I will rise my glass any time and toast the brave Men and Women who Fight Fires.

Cheers Hick.

I guess i should not have said a word about the fires being contained by today. That very day i wrote those words the fire lines were jumped agian! Now they are putting containment dates at early September. Today it is clear here, that means wind, bummer.

On another note. Yesterday had a drip system put in. Is gonna be odd not going out to water. Keeping an eye on it for now to see if it gives enough water. I have a well, so i dont know how long to let it flow, and at what intervals yet. I dont want to inadvertantly empty the well.

Otherwise the girls are doing well. I am still getting some yellow leaves on the bottom of the plants. But, not near like a couple weeks ago. Next week i start the heavy bloom ferts Cha Ching and Dr. Hornby's Big Bloom, on the oldest plants.

Hey, I used FF exclusively, Grow Big, Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom, let me know how you liked the Cha Ching.

After reading a thread just now on feeding, i am wondering if i am under-feeding my plants.
The bottles said to do it weekly, and i am reading like some people are doing it with every and every other watering.......maybe that is why my leaves are yellowing a little on the bottoms of the plants. One post was saying take the feeding to the point of burn and back off,....gonna go back and look at that chart...and the brother (who is an actual horticulturist, by degree of some college) said i might as well be using a fert that reads 10-10-10 than the fox farm grow big. But then, he is feeding his plants from top dressing with some pellets..and my plants/buds look better. So what does he know? (rhetorical qestion, no need to answer)

sorry to hear about the delay in containment :eek:

but glad to hear your ladies are doing well :48:

keep you and yours safe tcbud ,,,thinking of ya

hello tc. sorry have'nt been by your grow in a bit. last pics looked nice.
exactly how close are these fires to you? are you getting fall out ash on the farm? thats pretty scarey that the one fire crossed a river. thanks for visiting my ww grow. hey, have you heard from ette. lately? stay safe tc.

Banjo, yes the ashes fall on the plants (pretty thick some days when the wind is right). The fire did not cross the river, they are using the river for a fireline, for one complex of fires. After the last few days of much cooler weather maybe they are gonna get a handle on the fires soon. The smoke here has been a lot less these last couple days. And Ette, i believe she is pretty busy right bout now.......thanks for stopping by everyone.
I am not actually threatened by the fires here (unless you consider falling ash a threat). The one that was close got put out almost imediately, as it was close to homes and the hiway.

Last night after taking a lot of pictures of two bucks in my yard, i took these of the plants.

1. Amethyst+Northernlights (dif. from below, bud on right about five wks, this is the plant i harvested from the beginning of July)
2. Amethyst+Northernlights, Monster (almost 4 wks, one of the plants put out early)
3. Visitor to the garden last evening
4. LST (3 wks) Purps clone
5. LST (plant above) Purps clone
6. "new clone" (3 wks)

(there are more pictures of the Bucks in the Share Your Photography thread here)

AmethystNorthernlights2.JPG

amNLedit.JPG

buck1.JPG

LST.JPG

LST 3 weeks.JPG

three weeks 2.JPG

Latest posts

Back