early start grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just had to put up another bud pic of this beauty. I am using the close up as a screen saver.
The picture of jars is some of what i had left over from last year. Cleaning up the inventory, makin' a list and checkin' it twice. The baggie is from this year, the xmas tree bud.
Four to Six more weeks till harvest!
42f this morning at 6am.

screensavermp.JPG

corysbud.JPG

leftovers2.JPG

The "new clones" birthday today (4 weeks in flower)

1. Mango, I am now thinking i made a mistake labeling the clones when i took them....this looks nothing like the other purps clones. She has long looking kolas not light purple at all like the other purps kolas, which are short and fat. She also grew in a totally different form. So, i am gonna determine here and now she is Mango. I still have one mango from seed and will compare more when we can smoke each. But still four weeks in flower today.

2. A Purps bud, 4 weeks

3. A kinda full shot of Amethyst x NorthernLights, this plant is the one that is showing more NorthernLights characteristics, fat fat hard buds and very long pistles. Where as the other plants turned out dark purple buds, like the ones pictured above. 5 weeks in flower.

46f morning temp.

4 wks flr mango.JPG

4 wks flr purps 1.JPG

5 wks flr monster.JPG

1. Garden today 9/3/08
2. Garden one month ago 8/2/08

I added the mollassas to the 1/3 strength nutes (ChaChing) and the Purple Max to all of the plants last evening. The Purple Max i have used only on two plants and it seems one of them is putting on more size and trichs than the other. So i decided to use it on all the plants.

(Mollassas 1 Tablespoon per gallon water)
50f

full garden 9 3.JPG

garden 8 5   30.JPG

1. Purps, "new clone", 5 wks
2. close up of Purps bud, "new clone", 5 wks
3. Buds of my attempt at LST, 5 wks, Thes plants look the worst in the garden for leaf loss.
4. Mango, revedged, 6 wks, noticed some pink in the pistles one day and cant find it the next.
5. Amethyst x Northernlights, 6 wks, Plant looks very much like Nothernlights, thick heavy buds, green calix and thick white pistles that are browning some.
6. Amethyst x Northernlights, 6 wks, Sister plant of the above plant. This plant has dark purple calix compared to above. This bud looks identical to the ones harvested pictured in an above post.

The garden still loosing leaves to yellow and drying. As mentioned above the worst are the two LST. Tho, the smaller "new clones" also look pretty bad. I am watering less this week trying again to get these plants more oxygen. I am also going to trim off the smaller branches below the bud canopy that are not flowering and no longer have leaves on them. I can not really tell if the buds are growing as much as they were. I am out there every day and dont seem to notice them changing past loosing their leaves. We are having steady 100+ temps and one plant that gets shade late in the day seems to have some of the largest buds for the "new clones".

9 9 2.JPG

9 9 3.JPG

9 9 4.JPG

9 9 5.JPG

9 9 8a.JPG

9 9 9.JPG

Thanks for stopping by and for the kind comments.

This year I went for purple. Next year I am gonna get some clones for mothers and do hopefully four different varieties. I will be doing some seeds tho from the ones i made this year. I want to try the Amethyst/Nothernlights x Purps and see if it would be worth keeping going. So far the Amethyst x Northernlights has pleased me tremendously.

All Girls got ChaChing last night at half strength, and Purple Max at 1/2 teaspoon per gallon (I see no purpling on leaves, the dark purple on the oldest amethystNL bud is really dark tho). Also added in the molassas, at 1 Tablespoon per gallon. Next feeding they will get Dr. Hornby's Big Bud (last two weeks of feeding for the older plants). This is 0-40-10, I think, if i remember right.

Seems like the oldest Purps (from seed) bud is not getting bigger. Seems like the Purps clones bud have caught up with her in size. :hippy:

Dang girl you can really grow some good lookin ****! :D I cant wait to come visit! ;) You go girl!

Those ladies are simply beautiful tcbud. :hubba: Gotta love that purple color. ;)

Those are lovely, very nice Tc :hubba: :eek: :)
Peace and safe growing wishes for ya.

So beautiful! Thanks for the lovely comment! I must connect very strongly with the Spirit inside me to not be jealous of those gorgeous purple buds...

hello tcbud. you rock. does that ameth. x nl taste as good as it looks'?:D .
harvested my ww two weeks' ago, or so. this is what i look like after smoking it -:huh: :laugh: :dancing: :D ...lol...
your grows are very impressive tc. keep it up, and grow 'em big:D ...

GMCORP, Your journal has inspired me to grow ICE. Mentioned it yesterday to the "other half", and showed him the pictures on your last page of your journal, he was very impressed.

Banjo, the Amethyst x NorthernLights has a fruity aroma when dried. It smokes kinda fruity going in and a little earthy comming out. (Read a thread here on Aroma and Taste here, dont know if i am using the earthy right, but fruity definately discribes the smell.) The stone from it is a more up/mind high with no crash, very smooth comedown. I am very interested to try it when I can let it go to complete maturity. We are gonna let the three oldest plants go to at least half amber.

1 - 3 Amethyst x NorthernLights, 1 and 2 the same plant, 3 different plant, both came from same seeds.

4. The garden as seen from my desk.

5. Southwest corner of the garden, shows 2 purps and the unknown plant that looks very much like the mango.

6. Northern side of the garden, shows the oldest purps farthest away, then the Amethyst x NorthernLights (darkest buds of all plants) and the purps LST in foreground

7 - 8 Purps Bud

amNL 9 14.JPG

amNL 9 14 a.JPG

amNL 9 14 b.JPG

garden 9 15.JPG

garden 9 15a.JPG

garden 9 15b.JPG

Purps 9 14.JPG

Purps 9 14 a.JPG

words cant even express how beautiful thos plants are tc allways love looking at your pics thx

:yeahthat: absoultey fantastic tcbud ,,them purple ones are just plain awesome :peace:

WOW!!! I mean ...... I gotta wipe the tears..... I am so thrilled seeing these beauties!

I so wish I could grow out doors! some day I will, somewhere I am!

Thank you so much for sharing!

This morning, out in the garden, looking at the color of the trichs on the three oldest plants. I am seeing some amber, and most all trichs are cloudy. These three plants went into flower on July 26, September 20 is eight weeks. On one of the plants he brought in a few samples for me to look at (earlier) and.......they were so filled with amber I started freaking. So we went outside to look some more. Taking a larger sample, we found that closer to the buds themselves the trichs to be all cloudy. This plant is a cross between Amethyst and NorthernLights (looking more northernlights like), if i remember correctly northernlights has a eight week flowering time. Then we checked the dark purple amethystnorthernlights (all cloudy). He was pulling down a bud for me to take a pic of and the branch snapped. So the pics below. Pulled out the dehydrator, to dry this bud. I want to try smoking some (like i could really tell as bombed on codine as i am right now). Gonna be watching these girls daily, and possibly be harvesting next weekend.

(side note, I am on some codine cause of a tooth ache, so the above may not make as much sense as i think)

amnl 9 21 oops a.JPG

amnl 9 21 oops.JPG

Latest posts

Back