early start grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tcbud,,i feel for you ,,nothing worse than toothache:eek:
but with a bud like that your mind would soon be else where :hubba:
absoultley beautiful ,,the purple is awesome ,,let us know how she smoked
you must be so proud :48:

Thanks Melissa, Waiting right now on going to the dentist.
Did put that smoke in the dehydrator. I think the unit is missing a fan. Seems to me that a fan is spose to blow the warm air onto the product. But this one is missing a fan, if it is suposed to be there. And the buds dried from just heat and no air. It was almost black by the time it was dry. It got me high(er), but tasted awful. Smells pretty bad too.

45f here this morning, the plants are getting purple on the leaves from the cold now.

The plants that were from seed will be harvested this week. Two Amethyst x NorthernLights, and one Purps. The trichs are about 25% amber overall on the plant. The darkest purple plant will be first, as it is looking to have the most amber trichs. The mango now is also showing some amber and if i can i will harvest her too this next week. Seems like it is gonna take me a day per plant. These four plants will have flowered nine weeks plus a few days by the time i get to them all.

The garden looks pretty bad, between yellowing and losing leaves, then the cold turning what is left purple. The garden is now only getting direct sun about eight hours a day.The trichs on the "new clones" are still cloudy and they will be nine weeks flowering on October 4..

garden 9 26.JPG

purps 9 26 LST.JPG

purps 9 26.JPG

:holysheep: Looking good tc! Bet that purple stuff taste RIGHTOUS!:aok:

Oh goodness your plants have gotten huge! They look awesome girlfriend for real. Wish I was there with you for the harvest! Lookin good. :D

Half of the plant AmethystNorthernLights (purple traits amNL) came down in the evening. Because, He wanted to help with This Plant, His baby, Tuffy. This is one of the Plants he put out in like March (if I remember the month right). He named her Tuffy and she was the largest plant in the garden. He trimmed her as he wanted, which means more green leaves than I would have done. Tho the buds I am holding I trimmed (I will prolly retrim his a bit when they are dry). He even made up a plate for our daughter and wanted me to post it here for her. (Come and get it C, and he will buy your gas) I think it is funny cause he was knocking out 2-3 branches to my one. He didnt even want to mess with the popcorn buds, as seen on the plate (there were two plates this full. It took a total of four hours to get her on the drying screens. Now, the next AmethystNorthernlights (she has the NL traits) comes down tomarrow morning. Her, I named, Monster.:D

amNL at harvest 9 28.JPG

amNL harvest 9 28a.JPG

amNL harvest 9 28b.JPG

:holysheep: Dang that stuff looks SO good!! :hubba: Looks like purple heaven, Looks like yall are in heaven, If your daughter ever makes it to your house she to will be in purple heaven. :D Yall did 'ANL' proud thats for sure!

She was topped, she grew huge with two beautiful center kolas. She was the fastest growing plant in the garden. Thru Smoke and lack of sun she grew. She was the first in the garden to flower. She is also my entry this month for bud pic of the month. The cold this last couple weeks has turned her a little purple on the tips of her bud leaves. It took me almost twelve hours to trim her. I think we are close to a pound with her, when she is dry (I know exactly how much a three pound bass weighs hanging from my hand and the bang she went down stairs in was heavier than a nice bass). She has the some of the hardest heaviest bud in the garden. The purps and her sister plant are just so much more airy than her.

harvest 0 30 c monster.JPG

harvest 9 30 a.JPG

The Purps from BC Seed Company, I bought a year ago last spring. She is the sweet mama plant to my "new clone" purps. Her Trichs are mostly cloudy and maybe 10-15% amber. She looks alot like the Amethyst x NorthernLights but she is not as dark purple. She took me ten hours (with smoke breaks and a half hour for lunch) to clip up and I never did finish with the last clip. Gonna take a lesson and let her dry for a couple days then finish trimming her. After yesterday and today, I am so HAPPY that I am not harvesting agian for at least a week. The "new clone" purps, I want to let go till they are heavy into the amber as I can stand to wait. Frost will be a problem very soon, along with the rain this weekend.
Thank Goodness for Fiskars Sissors......and Medical MJ.:D

harvest big purps 10 1.JPG

harvest big purps 10 1 a.JPG

harvest big purps 10 1b.JPG

Yes, Melissa, it is bud central. It smells like it too! It is also paranoia central too....kinda. I hate to leave the house cause there are still plants in the garden. This is the time folks round here start getting ripped off. It is a problem all outdoor growers face. A friend in the next county got ripped last year and this year he is sleeping in the his back yard next to the plants now.
The Kerosene was delivered the other day when I was clipping up one of those plants....And he commented on the "aroma" of my garden. I gave him a real nice bud of what I was working on and asked him not to tell anyone about the "aroma" at my place. Everywhere you drive round here you get that tell tale aroma of ripe bud. I try not to tell anyone I am growing, I can count who knows on one hand and two of those are growers too. This year, because of the surplus, my smokin' friends will be pleasantly suprized at Christmas....I am so proud of the turn out this year. I found some real cool old bottles/jars to put the presents/bud in, the kind that metal clips hold down glass lids. They are the smallest I have ever seen. Will take a quarter oz easy. I am picking up some more Quart jars today, from a friend. I am gonna have to clear a shelf or two in the hall closet to store all this. When I get them in jars (starting Saturday, I think) it is gonna be fun burping them for a week.
Thanks to all of you for looking in here, and all the help you all have been to me. Especially when I get freaked about things like yellow leaves and rain.
I wish I could share some of this smoke with all of you.

Wow! Those buds look nummy!:p I am still a couple of weeks away from harvesting my small plant - then I have the dry and cure process...Sigh!:(

Oh my goodness girlfriend! Yall are gonna be smoking for months! Those cola tops on that one plant are freaking huge!!! Man I wish I could smoke that Purple with ya cause da stuff looks edible im tellin ya! You go girl! I know ive said it before but my gosh you have a GREEN THUMB! Lucky Lady. Hope nobody steals your crop sweetie.

Oh and I voted for your Purp so I hope you win. TTYL :D

He moved the plants up on the porch and steps yesterday to get them out of the rain. I took these pics about dinner time last evening. This is the first time I have been able to get a real close look at the "new clone" mango (she has been sitting on a pot and to high up and in a corner to look at easily). Love those long kolas. She is bout five percent amber now. The only one that is showin more than just a few amber Trichs.

Where do you look for amber trichs when you look? I have been taking small peices of the frosted leaves in the bud, in a few different locations. Seems like the top I find amber more than the underside of the leaves. But, Still not enough amber to take them. I want at least a pound of heavy hitting smoke, the Purps. Most of the trichs are cloudy, some more cloudy than others still.
thanks for looking in...
and thanks agian for the help about mold, in another thread.

rain 10 3 b.JPG

rain 10 3.JPG

rain 10 3 a.JPG

hey tcbud..those are some beautiful purp...great job..ill post you up some mold shots of what im finding girl...and if caught soon you can remove it..but from the looks you dont have but a week or so to go...tell hubby to get out and hold that unbrella for HER..what kinda Gentelman is he..lol..i made some comer for the container to help aid in the drying while it was raining...just took some of the plastic signs 18x24 they use for political names this time a year for election..lol..and cut a side so the stalk goes threw and then another one on other side..worked well..you can see it in my first grow later pages..i just braught her inside...things look great in your yard, are you not worried the delivery guy you gave bud too will not return late at night?...sorry justy goes against my #1 rule...Dont tell no one..and when meter man says it smells...i tell him it could be his breath..lol..just kidding...Have a great smokeout...im sure you been waiting for these days to come..huh? thanks for shareing..and KEEP M PURPLE

Just finished the final trim on the Amethyst x NorthernLights. This was the plant taken last Saturday and Sunday. She was much more airy than her sister plant. Gonna be burping these jars this week, three times a day or so for ten minutes. Then it is heading for the darkness, comming out about the end of the month. I did try some and it was a nice smooth high, mostly mental, about two hours and no hard crash. The smoke itself was very smooth, not like the early plants I had to take.
Monday I will be canning the other Amethyst x NorthernLights.

AmNL canned 10 4.JPG

AmNL canned 10 4 a.JPG

All I can say is.... AMAZING! Those purple buds are really something to look at.

hey tcbud...thanks for stopping in and haveing a look see at my Ladie...here is a link on the mold i found early..as you see this mold is on tip of budd..i have found it also deep down in the budd,,and have been clipping and checking her daily..i feel its come to a halt now that shes in my flower room under my control..lol..do you inspect your budds dureing the burp? I like to dump mine out and inspect them keeping an eye out for that mold..also keeps the budds seperted more i think...That is truely some beautiful purple..and you say after burping the jars you will be putting themm into darkness..I read and do keep them in dark from the time they hang dry..all the way untill I puul the jars from the cellar to smoke...looks like you and Hubby will be set for weed for some time..Thanks for shareing ..take care and be safe

mold link: http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31981

Thanks a bunch 4u, really apreciate it. (the link on mold)
As for taking the buds out to air them, so far no. I just take the lid off for ten minutes or so, then back into the dark they go. Do you recomend taking them out of the jars to air? Seems like all that movement would mess with the trichs? And, yes, I dry them in the dark too. Some hang, some on screens.
The above jars, are not purps, but a cross of Amethyst and NorthernLights, I pollenated a Amethyst female last year with a Norhternlights male. Three out of four females I got from the seeds showed the Amethyst triats, and one the NothernLights traits (shown above in post called monster). The Purple bud in the jars above was the darkest purple bud I have. The buds on the plants on my porch, those are the Purps from BC seed Co.

Latest posts

Back