early start grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey tcbud...I dont take my budds out of jars every day...maybe onece a week..just to inspect and to seperate them...you know how they compack them selfs down...i burp mine only 2 times a day..one in morning and one at night...and give them a shake to lossen them up...when i harvest..I like to leave more fan leaf on then most..i read it helps protect the trichs by covering them in the hang...and then in Brown bag opening onece a day and running hand threw to seperate the buds..and when in jars the fan leafs start to crumble up..but trichs protected...after cure I then remove whats left of the fan leafs and fill Jars up and store in my celler for future consumption..This is what works for me..you and Hubby find what works for you and run with it..then build upon it to improve...Im inpressed you have crossed and bred your own seeds..and have grown them out to full females..Have you tested your product yet?..let me know..im interested in what you found...well enough of this blabbing..Im going to smoke a bong now

Take care and be safe

No, 4u, I have not tested the bud that were from the seeds we polinated. It is still drying and curing. We did put some in a dehydrator, and I smoked some, BUT, I was so loaded on vacidan, I couldnt tell you if it got me high. I will be testing it soon and will let you know how it turns out....The dark purple plant is not smelling near as good as the one that was green and like the NorthernLights.

I harvested one Sugar Granddaddy Purple this morning. Almost all of her trichs were cloudy, with very few amber. She was one of the first clones I got this year. She also had spider mites real bad at one point. The reason I trimmed her up real good is she had LOTS of dead leaves. I tried when out in the garden to pull them off when they went brown, but she was a stubborn plant and wouldnt let you pull them off. So, I trimmed her down to some real hard nugs and put her on a screen. I have one more of her strain outside.

Tomarrow morning and the next, all of my plants will be brought down. We have a very hard frost comming from what the weather man is saying. The only one that may be the exception, will be the last Sugar Granddaddy Purple. Her I can see bringing inside during the night and taking her back out when it warms. Big maybe there. I just would like to see some amber on her before I harvest her. She is still mostly clear trichs, with some clouding. The others are all very cloudy with some amber and less clear.

SGP 10 7.JPG

SGP 10 7 a.JPG

SGP 10 7 b.JPG

I harvested a sister plant to this one a couple weeks ago. I dont think I put up pics of her. She is freaking awesome to smoke. She is not so smooth but she tastes as good as she smells when wet. She gives a real nice mellow high and no hard crash. I am hoping to keep the last Sugar Grandaddy Purple out as long as I can. Frost is comming.:holysheep:

After Posting a while ago, I went out to take some last Pics of the plants. While out there, I harvested and hung four Purps.....hung them and let some warm air in downstairs. (Didnt want to harvest in the morning, cause the one I took today was pretty wet from dew) I am going to cure them to the letter of the sticky post "How to Cure Your Meds" here. This will be the first time I have hung plants without taking off the shade leaves. But as you can tell, not many shade leaves left.

Now Still Standing out in the garden are...
1 Sugar Granddaddy Purple
1 Mango...taking her as soon as I organize some more space tomarrow.
1 Sugar Grandaddy Purple clone that flowered in the cloner and I tried to pollenate with Purps Pollen.
1 of the LST attempt Purps.

harvest 10 7 a.JPG

harvest 10 7 d.JPG

harvest 10 7 c.JPG

Airing the jars, and inspecting for mold.

1. Purps on the left and AmethystNorthernLights on the right. Of the purps there is about another quart plus, still in a bag.
2. AmethystNorthernLights (looks and smells like the northernlights we grew last year)

harvest 10 8  purps AMNL.JPG

harvest 10 8 monster.JPG

HAPPY TIMES....HAPPY TIMES......The greatest day is Havest time..:yay: ..those are wicked tcbud...sorry been busy myself...I just :heart: the purple..and I will take the plate in the Middle up ther..lol..and the fourth jar from the right top...and the pile in on the top left corner.:rofl: ...how much you recon dry weight on the purple budd?..You did an awesome job.:clap: ..wish i could smoke a :bong1: of it with ya..just a heads up.:eek: ...you may want to view pics that you post dont have your local on there..it looks like your reading glasses are on you mail...I dont care that people know im in Seattle its a big ol city..just dont want them getting any closer...just my thaughts..and looking out for ya..well your purple budds anyway.:rofl: .you say you pollinated sugerdaddy with purps pollen..how did it go?..thanks for shareing and enjoy the rest of your Harvest weekend..I know I will..:48:

Take care and be Safe:bolt:

:holysheep: Those are some Mighty Pretty Buds Girl, you have a purple, I mean GREEN Thumb!

Lookin yummy as always girlfriend! Wish I could taste that stuff. :D

Thanks 4u, I think I airbrushed the address off the mail. (tho everything written in this Grow Log is a figment of my imagination.) Thanks for looking out for me.... (and full of information too....).

Thank you also Old Hippy for the very nice compliment. I admired the heck out of your garden/yard/harvest thru your grow too.

Megan, I truely wish I could share the harvest with you too, thanks for sticking with me thru my attempt at having a good harvest.

So far, the Sugar Grandaddy Purple and the straight Amethyst (taken early) clone are my fave smoke (amethyst messes with your head so bad, no going into public places on that stuff). But, but I have yet to try the Purps and Mango. I am not fond of the AmethystNorthernLights, the purple plant, so far. It does smoke smooth and I have finished burping both, and they are now curing. The green plant of that variety smells and tastes very like the NorhternLights we grew last year. I am not convinced that I should be growing seeds that We have pollenated. The Sugar Granddaddy Purple, that we tried to pollenate, does not look like she made any seeds. We are seriously considering revedging her.

Thanks All of You Folks for comming by and reading my Journal for the 08 Grow here at Marijauna Passion. May You all Have Weed to Smoke and Love in Your Hearts.

Oh, and 4u, havent got a scale, but the all together purple buds in those is maybe a bit under half a pound. They were not hard nugs, very airy buds. I would be amazed if I get three pounds total from Our plants.

hello tc. have'nt been here in awhile. nice harvest. looks like you will be in smoke for awhile. this has been a great journal. thank you for sharing it with all of us. see you around...bb...

:eek:
:lama:
I love purple... my favorite color!
Just absolutely gorgeous. So happy you have a great harvest!
And to think what a rough summer you have had and to come out smelling like roses... well, maybe not quite roses. :rofl:
Very happy for you and hubby. Good job!
Thank you for sharing your photos with all of us.
Good talking to you yesterday.
Take care my friend. Ette. :peace:

1. Gifts for a couple friends. A sample of what we grew.

2. Jared "new clone" Mango. This smoke tastes spicey and fruity. Very nice high, both body and mental. She had more amber trichs so far of the plants harvested.

3. The last of the clones I bought last spring. This Sugar Granddaddy Purple is the Last to be Harvested. (still have a small clone from her tho, that will be revedged hopefully) She has very cloudy trichs and maybe 30% amber, tho it depends on where you look. The last ten days or so, she has been wheeled in at night and out again about ten. She comes down today/now.

harvest gifts.JPG

harvest 10 22 mango.JPG

harvest SGPa.JPG

:aok: you sure know what your doin there tc! very pretty buds.
WTG Girl!:banana:

Thanks Old Hippy, Mostly flying by the seat of my pants and the help of Marijauna Passions kind Members. This was my second Medical Marijauna grow.
Due to the influx of outsiders coming to my county, because of the amount of plants you can have in flower (12), the board of Supervisors is gonna amend their rulling and take us back to 6 plants as the state guidlines say. Is a bummer. But, this county government cant see that many will stay and live here year round, and grow. Spending their dollars here. This could turn into something the county needs, growth. But then, maybe growth is not what the area needs. I like it hear as it is, never growing, never changing, (cept for fires maybe, and the lake a mud pond). Maybe they wont change the rules, but there have been many parents complaining their kids can smell people's crops. Also, on a plus, from a growers party that happened last weekend, "there were many less people getting ripped off than last year". Good news there.

If I raise enough cash to buy a flowering light, I may turn the laundry room into a grow room. I really like growing this wonderful herb.

1. Sugar Grandaddy Purple branch.
2. The Hope of the Future, Sugar Grandaddy Purple, clone that flowered, does not look to have made seeds, going under 24 hour a day light as soon as I get this last plant finished.

harvest SGP.JPG

Sugar Grandaddy Purps 10 7 seeded.JPG

Latest posts

Back