Eight Miles High A Growing Journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the info 4u. Looks like topping will be soon.

4u2sm0ke said:
...I like to top fim at 4th node...anything sooner I feel is not good

Top FIM... is there another kind? Side FIM? or was that you like to top or FIM at the 4th node?

If pinching back the new growth to create more branching is FIM, then I will FIM the top leaves at the 4th node.

Here are my precious at 26 days. I pinched off the top growth so expect they will be set back a few days in growth. Thanks for the feedback as I pinched them off at the 4th node. A couple of plants have one leaf each with what I think is heat damage from my temperature control problem. I will be watching closely to be sure it is actually heat damage and not a nute issue. I have only used Bio Root from General Organics so far as I used Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil. Will likely use some cal mag the next watering as I find that for some reason I tend toward magnesium deficiencies. I will use at half or quarter strength as I am not seeing a deficiency yet. Precautionary measures.

Veg Day26 1.JPG

veg day26 2.JPG

veg day26 3.JPG

veg day 26 4.JPG

veg day26 5.JPG

gourmet, :ciao: looking good.. in no time those will be nice bushes going into flower.
Aloha
Squidy

Thanks Squidy. I am anxious to put them under 12/12 but obviously it will be a while. Question though...should I wait to put them under 12/12 until I see alternating nodes or can I put under 12/12 before the nodes alternate. I've always waited until I had alternating nodes, but I have a shorter tent this time and want to limit the 12/12 stretch some.

I would wait till you see alternating nodes. It's a sign they're ready to flower anytime before is just going to stretch the plants. Lookin good though!

:yeahthat: id wait till the nodes alternated to. alternating nodes are a good indicator of sexual maturity..

gourmet said:
Thanks Squidy. I am anxious to put them under 12/12 but obviously it will be a while. Question though...should I wait to put them under 12/12 until I see alternating nodes or can I put under 12/12 before the nodes alternate. I've always waited until I had alternating nodes, but I have a shorter tent this time and want to limit the 12/12 stretch some.[/quote/]

Thanks Squidy. Waiting for alternating nodes it is.

tastyness said:
Top FIM... is there another kind? Side FIM? or was that you like to top or FIM at the 4th node?

Sorry Tastey for my hard to understand post...what I am saying is I either Top..or fim at the fourth node...I also do this later on if the plant looks to get outta control.

Gourmet...Have a look see at this chart...topping and Fimming ...if ya dont fimm corect you will have just topped them...heres a chart to help if ya need:aok:

take care and be safe

Fimming_v_topping.jpg

SquidyPacheco said:
:yeahthat: id wait till the nodes alternated to. alternating nodes are a good indicator of sexual maturity..

gourmet said:
Thanks Squidy. I am anxious to put them under 12/12 but obviously it will be a while. Question though...should I wait to put them under 12/12 until I see alternating nodes or can I put under 12/12 before the nodes alternate. I've always waited until I had alternating nodes, but I have a shorter tent this time and want to limit the 12/12 stretch some.[/quote/]

some strains dont have alternateing nodes....and waiting for sex isnt needed for this...I force flower at 4th week

Thanks 4u especially for the chart. I fimmed which is something I used to do when I grew regular houseplants. The chart is great cause it tells me exactly where to pinch back. I went on instinct and lucked into it (lol).

Hmmm. I think I will wait to week 5 to put under 12/12 partially cause I just fimmed and because I am counting from seed ...the day I put in paper towels to germinate. I think I will switch them over regardless of whether there are alternating nodes or not.

Day 32. I used FF Grow Big and Cal Mag last watering and ph down as my water is over 8 ph normally. They seem to be doing well and I am contemplating switching them over to 12/12 under a Sylvania HPS bulb 400 watts on Tuesday, Day 35 from seed. Tent is pretty crowded but as soon as they are sexually mature and I can ID the males there will be more room for the females. My temps have stabilized and my relative humidity is between 37 and 47 percent.

Day32 veg1.JPG

Day32 veg2.JPG

Day32 veg3.JPG

Day32 veg4.JPG

Day32 veg 6.JPG

I have alternating nodes on one of the plants and they are getting pretty big, so I decided to switch them to 12/12 today, day 33 from seed or a little over 4 weeks from seedling. Hope it is not too early, but I have to watch the head room in my tent, and I need to ID the males to leave more room for the females. Next pics in 7 days from 12/12 next Sunday. Will start feeding Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom for Fox Farms along with cal mag.

They are looking real nice, Gourmet. Can't wait to see the buds develop :)

Peace

Thanks HemperFi. I can't wait either since I have been out for a long long time (expected lay off, got laid off, got new job, then first grow of Aurora had great looking buds with absolutely no high). I have to resist picking on the plant when it develops (lol).

Latest posts

Back