Filter Test

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just washed them. Been collecting dust for awhile in the move. But the babies are small and a stench is brewing. So gonna need them, if company comes over. Exhausting onto 10 acres of solid trees and mountain cold air is real nice. Company is the only filter exception.

im jealous.. i got an acre, and everyone around me, but its still not enough!!!

So, I have been running these filter for awhile now, and they do work good. I decided to bring them to my carwash to give them a good washing, with some good pressure. I have done this before, and it seems to work well. For some reason, after two days of drying both filters, I put it back on the fan with pressure loss. I don't know what happened. It's just like I put a piece of plywood over the fan. When I feel my exhaust ducting, you can tell there is some good air flow exiting. When I put the filter back on, there is hardly any air flow, and all my pressure is lost. It was just fine before I washed the filters. Normally, the passive intake will have nice cool air flow going through, that you can easily feel with your hand. Also, my door gets sucked close, and I know It is working how it should. I thought maybe the filters were just really wet still, but even if they were, I would not think that my "8 Vortex would get bogged down by being a little wet. Had anyone had this problem like this using the Filters? Any suggestions?

No, they just say a regular washing. I tried to give them a good scrub in the tub once, but that did not really clean them good enough. That is why I though about the high pressure car wash. I have them sitting in front of my air intake on the floor to try to get them to dry more, if that is what is going on. I will give them another 24-0, with the fresh air circulating around them, then try again tomorrow night.

They will dry. Just takes time. I have extra ones, so when one comes off, another goes on. I shake the excess moisture off after washing. Then for me just put by woodstove for 24hrs. Prob hard on the fan when you put on damp, also. But they will dry and be back to normal. I also found pushing into them worked far better then pulling thru. Just my experience with them.

I put one back on tonight, and it seems to be a lot better. Took about four days to fully dry. I think I just got carried away at the carwash. I bought two originally, just for the drying purpose. So I should be good for the rest of my flowering. I was in a bit of a panic, because my wife's friend was coming over. It's all good now.

I would suggest for cleaning those types of filters that you don't pressurewash them too hard if you can help it, and it works to "back-blow" them to remove material that has built up in one direction within the filter. I used to have to do that to forklift radiators whenever I was servicing forklifts. you blow pressurized air through in the opposite direction to blow out debris that is built up from the air pushing from the opposite side. It works quite well :)

Are these the same ones?? these are cheap and triple layered. 85 bucks.

hXXp://www.plantlightinghydroponics.com/inch-triple-layer-singlepass-charcoal-fiber-filter-p-2365.html

dman1234, we are runnin one of these, from the same outfit.

Fa$t, how is it working out for you? im thinking of ordering.

my wife say's it works great! i can't smell so good.
3 X 4 corner of the master BR, filter-fan-short flex into the attic.
6 in early flower, 3 of em skunk. when i open the flap for routine maint. ya can smell the skunk, but not when closed.
the filter even got rid of the pymetherine smell when battelin the borg!

FA$TCA$H said:
my wife say's it works great! i can't smell so good.
3 X 4 corner of the master BR, filter-fan-short flex into the attic.
6 in early flower, 3 of em skunk. when i open the flap for routine maint. ya can smell the skunk, but not when closed.
the filter even got rid of the pymetherine smell when battelin the borg!

Nice, I think im going to order.

so you order two of these to swap out and wash in the hose outside and your good for years???? If true...... I'll be ordering for sure.

As far as my experience. Yea. But i did find after 25-30 days they needed washing. And I also found pushing into them worked better than pulling thru.

nouvellechef said:
As far as my experience. Yea. But i did find after 25-30 days they needed washing. And I also found pushing into them worked better than pulling thru.

Thanks...... I'm drawing through now...... I have to think about how these would change my set up...... everything works and balances out right now.:D

I have been using these for a couple years and they are "ok"... Perfect for my small room, but very restricting.. Pressure washing them is a huge no-no. A simple light rinse is all that is needed, with heavy vacuum on outside to remove dust and hair. In fact, I just 'dunk' mine once or twice and let it be, or do not get them wet at all (when just addressing flow rate)..

The problem with these are pretty easily noted.. Take a new one and hold it in one hand, then take one that has been washed twice and hold it in the other. See the difference?? Washing them strips out the charcoal pretty quickly.. That's probably why you were having to wash them more frequently as time goes, NC ;)

One of the things I really liked about these is they are small and light enough you can hook them right to the flange of your reflector if you so chose to.. Nifty lil' buggers, but do fall short of longevity or ease of use..

Grower13 said:
so you order two of these to swap out and wash in the hose outside and your good for years???? If true...... I'll be ordering for sure.

Thats what im wondering, i can get 2 for $185 delivered, if they work i will get them.

washed ours again, like NV we pull thru ours, and vacuum the exterior as needed. set it in the tub and drop the shower head into it and crank the hot water valve on.

FA$TCA$H said:
washed ours again, like NV we pull thru ours, and vacuum the exterior as needed. set it in the tub and drop the shower head into it and crank the hot water valve on.

I thought NV pushed through......... your pulling through?....... if so...... how are they working....... I need to pull through myself.:)

I was pulling thru. Then i found pushing thru worked better. I think it is because the carbon gets clogged up after washing monthly. Now my view of these are they are surely not a multi year filter. Sadly, back to heavy as heck filters. Guess its just easier to refill w/ fresh carbon each year.

Latest posts

Back